Thread: Another trade...Nikkel to Broncos for Cole Bevan and...

Default Another trade...Nikkel to Broncos for Cole Bevan and...

And draft pick.

From Broncos Twitter

TRADE: The Broncos send 96 born defenseman Cole Bevan and a 2015 7th round pick to Saskatoon for 95 defenceman Ayrton Nikkel.

Not a big surprise. Interesting they got that much for him. Can see straight up, player for player, but to throw in the pick??? Not sure why swift wanted him, pretty stacked on dmen. Maybe healthy scratched some games until heatherington gone for wjhc.

Side note, see graham millar has 4G & 1A in 3 games with Everett. Think we let go of the wrong young guy!

Iconwhl

feel sorry for Cole Bevan being dealt from a good team to a horrible team.

As for Nikkel going to SC I think its a good trade for the Broncos cause after Lernout there isn't a lot of toughness on that blueline
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

That 63 game stint with Saskatoon was really a setback in his ultimate goal to play for every team in the WHL.

Smile Huge upside

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Not a big surprise. Interesting they got that much for him. Can see straight up, player for player, but to throw in the pick??? Not sure why swift wanted him, pretty stacked on dmen. Maybe healthy scratched some games until heatherington gone for wjhc.

Side note, see graham millar has 4G & 1A in 3 games with Everett. Think we let go of the wrong young guy!
    SC will be thrilled to have Nikkel patrolling the blueline for you. He's like a shark trolling the waters and changes the complexion of the game the moment he steps on the ice. He's a young man of outstanding character and will be welcomed in the Swift Current community. He plays with an edge and will protect his teammates. He's a blue-chipper and this trade will go down as a disaster for Saskatoon. Can't wait to watch him play against his old teammates! Too bad that Bruno 'the deal maker' Campese didn't try for him, PA could have used him.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not! May fit in well in swift playing 3 pairing minutes! Only had 7 fights last yr. Problem in Saskatoon,(prob Brandon & Everett too) he not very good defensively. Gets pressured & the puck is like a grenade! Makes basic mistakes over & over, bad first passes. Yah he's a great guy & teammate, but hasn't developed much since being drafted. Obviously his yrs with clouston did enough damage. Hopefully Lamb can work with him & the stud dmen they have, maybe he'll learn a few things practicing with them. Heard he was on waivers for awhile to see if there was much interest, early on there wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    SC will be thrilled to have Nikkel patrolling the blueline for you. He's like a shark trolling the waters and changes the complexion of the game the moment he steps on the ice. He's a young man of outstanding character and will be welcomed in the Swift Current community. He plays with an edge and will protect his teammates. He's a blue-chipper and this trade will go down as a disaster for Saskatoon. Can't wait to watch him play against his old teammates! Too bad that Bruno 'the deal maker' Campese didn't try for him, PA could have used him.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    ??? Bruno should drop Lange ? or Hart or Conroy? I'm hoping this guy forgot Nikkel is 20

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    ??? Bruno should drop Lange ? or Hart or Conroy? I'm hoping this guy forgot Nikkel is 20
    Nikkel just turned 19

my bad... I thought he was a 20 forsure . Your right he would have looked good as a 6 guy then