Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Woods/Priestner Not impressing me

Default Woods/Priestner Not impressing me

What's going on with this circus early in the season. So much optimism from these two guys during training camp and yet now we are 4 games into the reg. season and this team has 9 players that didn't start training camp with the Blades. 4 games into the season and they have started 3 different goaltenders and about to start their 4th in five games. I realize the scouting staff is still in place but how do 2 guys that are very new to this league (especially Woods) make that many moves in a short period of time. I guarantee they haven't seen any of these players play a single game of hockey. It doesn't make sense. They have/had a young hard working team last year, Yes they only won 16 games but they worked hard and showed some promise, everyone knows its a rebuilding team start acting like it. Other than the Scherbak trade not one of the other trades seem to benefit the long term future of this team. And on that note of Scherbak to me it was crazy to draft 2 euro's fully aware Scherbak was not going to stick with the Habs. They could of used a guy like that early in the season to provide offense and could of got a lot more for a player like that come trade deadline.

Players are going to start playing with fear of possibly getting released for having a bad game.

All in all 4 games into the season I am not very impressed with this group running the team. Doesn't make sense to make moves just to make moves. I realize this is a business but these are kids.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    What's going on with this circus early in the season. So much optimism from these two guys during training camp and yet now we are 4 games into the reg. season and this team has 9 players that didn't start training camp with the Blades. 4 games into the season and they have started 3 different goaltenders and about to start their 4th in five games. I realize the scouting staff is still in place but how do 2 guys that are very new to this league (especially Woods) make that many moves in a short period of time. I guarantee they haven't seen any of these players play a single game of hockey. It doesn't make sense. They have/had a young hard working team last year, Yes they only won 16 games but they worked hard and showed some promise, everyone knows its a rebuilding team start acting like it. Other than the Scherbak trade not one of the other trades seem to benefit the long term future of this team. And on that note of Scherbak to me it was crazy to draft 2 euro's fully aware Scherbak was not going to stick with the Habs. They could of used a guy like that early in the season to provide offense and could of got a lot more for a player like that come trade deadline.

Players are going to start playing with fear of possibly getting released for having a bad game.

All in all 4 games into the season I am not very impressed with this group running the team. Doesn't make sense to make moves just to make moves. I realize this is a business but these are kids.
    The only move I didn't like was dealing Ottenbreit to Seattle. But I see where we needed some veteran help on D cause quite frankly, our d zone play has been hot garbage. I wouldn't expect much out of this team this year. Imo as long as they get better as the season progresses that's what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    The only move I didn't like was dealing Ottenbreit to Seattle. But I see where we needed some veteran help on D cause quite frankly, our d zone play has been hot garbage. I wouldn't expect much out of this team this year. Imo as long as they get better as the season progresses that's what I'm looking for.
    Should never have traded Ottenbreit. Bad mistake that will come back to haunt them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Should never have traded Ottenbreit. Bad mistake that will come back to haunt them in the future.
    Well at least we only play them once a year, that said, it's gonna bother me for the next 3 or 4 years reading or hearing of his success!

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Well at least we only play them once a year, that said, it's gonna bother me for the next 3 or 4 years reading or hearing of his success!
    Sorry, didn't mean a mistake in head to head games. I meant trading a very promising 17 year old D-man for a 20 year old. Shouldn't have happened especially when they are in full blown rebuilding mode.

He was the best Blade player in the game against PA . I actually mentioned it in my post that night . Makes no sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean a mistake in head to head games. I meant trading a very promising 17 year old D-man for a 20 year old. Shouldn't have happened especially when they are in full blown rebuilding mode.
    I knew what you meant. I was agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    He was the best Blade player in the game against PA . I actually mentioned it in my post that night . Makes no sense to me
    I thought he played well that game also. One of the few highlights for me that night being in enemy territory! Haha

So already 3-0 for the Tigers, whose going to be the next starter? The team has become a joke to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    So already 3-0 for the Tigers, whose going to be the next starter? The team has become a joke to watch.
    So many things wrong with this team right now. Hard to be patient.