Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Woods/Priestner Not impressing me

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    So already 3-0 for the Tigers, whose going to be the next starter? The team has become a joke to watch.
    Maybe the brain trust will get together and make a few more trades. This team is not going to the playoffs for a very long time. This all started when they traded for Colin Olson who everyone but them knew he wasn't coming here. Why is Woods making all these trades when he knows nothing about what he is trading for. Every trade he has made his interview starts out with "Well I heard". He doesn't know the league or the players. Slow down. There is lots of time when your rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    He was the best Blade player in the game against PA . I actually mentioned it in my post that night . Makes no sense to me
    Otto played AAA midget with the Parkland Mallers last year. He was brought up for the playoffs with the Yorkton terriers. This 16 year old played a regular shift because of injuries all the way to a Canadian Championship. Is that not great experience for a young player who is trying to move up to the WHL? And he gets shipped off for a 20 year old that may have been picked up later for very little or nothing. Talk about shooting yourself again.

Smile

Just a side note, Nikita has 3 goals and 1 assist in two games so far with Everett!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Just a side note, Nikita has 3 goals and 1 assist in two games so far with Everett!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do the Blades have 3 goals in 4 games?

The circus continues. I Checked the Blades roster, I count 12 players on their roster who were not with the organization at the start of training camp. WE ARE 6 GAMES INTO THE SEASON? and a coach and GM who has never worked in this league. It blows me away. I realize they only won 16 games last season but they were young and showed lots of effort and promise. To trade a kid like Turner Ottenbriet for a 20 yr old is beyond ridiculous. Can you imagine trying to play for this guy as a young kid, watching players come in and out like a revolving door. They probably don't even unpack after a road trip worried they might be shipped out the next day.

As much criticism Molleken took he was a very respected coach and GM. He always thought about the player first. These are kids, He always respected that fact. Yes I know hockey is a business but when your dealing with 16-19 yr. old kids its a different story. See Derak Hulak trade, and see Matt Revel trade.

I was so excited for this season and planned on going to many games but to be honest with you I have already lost interest. And it has nothing to do with the players or their losing streak. These poor kids have a different line mate and teammate every practice.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    The circus continues. I Checked the Blades roster, I count 12 players on their roster who were not with the organization at the start of training camp. WE ARE 6 GAMES INTO THE SEASON? and a coach and GM who has never worked in this league. It blows me away. I realize they only won 16 games last season but they were young and showed lots of effort and promise. To trade a kid like Turner Ottenbriet for a 20 yr old is beyond ridiculous. Can you imagine trying to play for this guy as a young kid, watching players come in and out like a revolving door. They probably don't even unpack after a road trip worried they might be shipped out the next day.

As much criticism Molleken took he was a very respected coach and GM. He always thought about the player first. These are kids, He always respected that fact. Yes I know hockey is a business but when your dealing with 16-19 yr. old kids its a different story. See Derak Hulak trade, and see Matt Revel trade.

I was so excited for this season and planned on going to many games but to be honest with you I have already lost interest. And it has nothing to do with the players or their losing streak. These poor kids have a different line mate and teammate every practice.

Relax. The team will and is getting better. Almost pulled it off against a tough Tri City team last night. Woods has stated that this is his team now for the most part. Here's hoping for a win Saturday and maybe the start of a little run.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Relax. The team will and is getting better. Almost pulled it off against a tough Tri City team last night. Woods has stated that this is his team now for the most part. Here's hoping for a win Saturday and maybe the start of a little run.
    Almost against a tired looking Americans team with their back up in that has a career GAA of 3.77 SAV% of 8.92 granted his numbers are better in the three games he has started this year. Please explain to me how its going to get better with absolutely no offence what so all on this team besides mabey Sloboshan. Even when Graham comes back we will still be lacking enough offence to win. And scoring by committee isn't going to work this year ,we are on pace to set a league record low for goals for and we don't have the defence or the goal tending we need to keep the puck out of the net. I know its only six games in but really come on you actually see a up swing to this .Lets call it what it is ( a lost season)and still cheer loud for the young men that we do have because they are probably playing to the best of their abilities and start building next year through the draft with some of these high picks. This will take time so I may sound harsh or a complainer but a realist. NO offence, No defence = not a lot of wins.
    GO BLADES GO

Quote Originally Posted by Uknownothing View Post
    Almost against a tired looking Americans team with their back up in that has a career GAA of 3.77 SAV% of 8.92 granted his numbers are better in the three games he has started this year. Please explain to me how its going to get better with absolutely no offence what so all on this team besides mabey Sloboshan. Even when Graham comes back we will still be lacking enough offence to win. And scoring by committee isn't going to work this year ,we are on pace to set a league record low for goals for and we don't have the defence or the goal tending we need to keep the puck out of the net. I know its only six games in but really come on you actually see a up swing to this .Lets call it what it is ( a lost season)and still cheer loud for the young men that we do have because they are probably playing to the best of their abilities and start building next year through the draft with some of these high picks. This will take time so I may sound harsh or a complainer but a realist. NO offence, No defence = not a lot of wins.
    GO BLADES GO
    Truthfully I can't argue with much of what you wrote there. That's why I was upset that the ownership fired Dave last year. He got all he could and more out of that group. With that being said, I believe Woods was, and still is a terrific hire. I'm not sure that Dave would have got more out of this group to start the year. I still believe the team will get a lot better as the year goes on. They may not make the playoffs but we will see improvement. They D is a lot better now that they have made a few changes. (The Turner O. trade not withstanding)
    The merry go round of trades and releases was obviously disruptive. Many of those moves needed to be made though. Now that has settled down, and guys will start to gel. Scoring will be hard to come by. They will have to play good in there own end, and gride it out offensively. Great goaltending wouldn't hurt either. Great goaltending can make a below average team much better.
    All imho of course.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post

Last night was the first game I have seen this season. A couple of observations besides not a whole bunch of talent, Haven't seen a PP breakout like that one since the late 70's and watching Henry and wondering how anyone makes that trade. I would have asked for a draft pick just for taking him. That being said, its early and things do change for the better sometimes. Will reserve judgement for just a bit longer.

Nice to finally get a w.