Thread: 2 home games (PA & RD)

Hybrid View

Iconwhl 2 home games (PA & RD)

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club announced today goaltender Tyler Fuhr (’95) has temporarily left the team for personal business.

Fuhr has a 1-0-0-0 record this season, stopping 24 of 25 shots in the Pats’ 7-1 win over Moose Jaw on September 26th.

The Pats have recalled goaltender Tyler Brown (’97) from the Winnipeg Blues of the MJHL. Brown has a win in his only appearance with the Blues this season, allowing two goals on 25 shots.

To start things off for this weekend set of games we will have a new backup for abit due to personal reasons for Fuhr leaving the team. Hopefully he is back soon
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl

Well it's been 2 weeks since we've had a home game, too long if you ask me for the start of the year but we get to follow that lay off with a 4 game home stand. Watching last Saturday's game on webcast in PA it was an enjoyable game to watch goals came grouped together on both sides but the best thing of all was it resulted in a Pats win after a come back.

Sounds like Burroughs is back tonight and that leaves me to wonder with only 6 Dmen on our roster what is happening with Hansen..... Is he being moved back to defense for the year or are we still searching for another Dman somewhere else. Imo we don't need Hansen as a forward I'd much rather see the young forwards playin a more regular basis then Hansen taking ice time away from them or possibly even game action in general. I think Hansen could be of use for an older veteran type team since he is a versatile type player and a solid checking and PK guy.

Another guy is McVeigh what's going to happen there as well since D'Amico has gotten a chance he has should the offensive flare that he does have.... Some may not agree with that statement but his numbers last year in Jr. A prove otherwise. I'm not saying he is going to light it up as a 20yr old but he does have the chance to score 15-20..... He has a very good shot and is strong down low things you need from an older guy.

Hey look at it this way, the last home game we have played is opening night.............., we don't play until next Thursday.......

Iconwhl

Ya that does suck for you Blade fans but on the flip side maybe when they get their next home game they will be playing abit better...... One can hope I guess

I was very impressed with the Pats play last night. Their pace in the second period was outstanding and it appears that they are having fun out there (after D'Amico's goal for instance).

I was a big fan of Malcolm Cameron and thought they made a big mistake letting him go but it seems that the new coach has these players attention and like the style they are playing. I know its only five games in but i like what I've seen so far.

D'Amico is making it a real tough decision for the coaches. The way he's been playing he's gotta a spot on this team. McVeigh is basically waiting to get released or traded.

interesting game and quite entertaining. It"s good Burroughs stood up but he is too valuable to be taking 17 minutes on a regular basis. they sorely need a heavyweight. As things progress and it gets tougher we need a presence.

It would appear that McVeigh, and Hanson are on their way out. We may be able to move Hanson but I'm not so sure about McVeigh.

Wagner looked like a pro style power forward last night. Kroeker and Smith both did great jobs with Kroeker on the 1st PP unit is encouraging. Steel was electric every time he was on the ice.