Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 home games (PA & RD)

Iconwhl 2 home games (PA & RD)

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club announced today goaltender Tyler Fuhr (’95) has temporarily left the team for personal business.

Fuhr has a 1-0-0-0 record this season, stopping 24 of 25 shots in the Pats’ 7-1 win over Moose Jaw on September 26th.

The Pats have recalled goaltender Tyler Brown (’97) from the Winnipeg Blues of the MJHL. Brown has a win in his only appearance with the Blues this season, allowing two goals on 25 shots.

To start things off for this weekend set of games we will have a new backup for abit due to personal reasons for Fuhr leaving the team. Hopefully he is back soon
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl

Well it's been 2 weeks since we've had a home game, too long if you ask me for the start of the year but we get to follow that lay off with a 4 game home stand. Watching last Saturday's game on webcast in PA it was an enjoyable game to watch goals came grouped together on both sides but the best thing of all was it resulted in a Pats win after a come back.

Sounds like Burroughs is back tonight and that leaves me to wonder with only 6 Dmen on our roster what is happening with Hansen..... Is he being moved back to defense for the year or are we still searching for another Dman somewhere else. Imo we don't need Hansen as a forward I'd much rather see the young forwards playin a more regular basis then Hansen taking ice time away from them or possibly even game action in general. I think Hansen could be of use for an older veteran type team since he is a versatile type player and a solid checking and PK guy.

Another guy is McVeigh what's going to happen there as well since D'Amico has gotten a chance he has should the offensive flare that he does have.... Some may not agree with that statement but his numbers last year in Jr. A prove otherwise. I'm not saying he is going to light it up as a 20yr old but he does have the chance to score 15-20..... He has a very good shot and is strong down low things you need from an older guy.

Hey look at it this way, the last home game we have played is opening night.............., we don't play until next Thursday.......

Iconwhl

Ya that does suck for you Blade fans but on the flip side maybe when they get their next home game they will be playing abit better...... One can hope I guess

I was very impressed with the Pats play last night. Their pace in the second period was outstanding and it appears that they are having fun out there (after D'Amico's goal for instance).

I was a big fan of Malcolm Cameron and thought they made a big mistake letting him go but it seems that the new coach has these players attention and like the style they are playing. I know its only five games in but i like what I've seen so far.

D'Amico is making it a real tough decision for the coaches. The way he's been playing he's gotta a spot on this team. McVeigh is basically waiting to get released or traded.

interesting game and quite entertaining. It"s good Burroughs stood up but he is too valuable to be taking 17 minutes on a regular basis. they sorely need a heavyweight. As things progress and it gets tougher we need a presence.

It would appear that McVeigh, and Hanson are on their way out. We may be able to move Hanson but I'm not so sure about McVeigh.

Wagner looked like a pro style power forward last night. Kroeker and Smith both did great jobs with Kroeker on the 1st PP unit is encouraging. Steel was electric every time he was on the ice.

I agree team pace and the transition are very high tempo, much faster than last year. Not sure if it is coaching or the caliber of players. probable a bit of both. Early to call but Paddock and Stauch are equal to Cameron and Dixon and after 5 game look like an upgrade.
    Also agree we need some muscle, a police man, as the season goes on the teams will play the intimidation card and we need to be able to respond. I thought Brandon did that a little in the first two games and we did not respond.

Iconwhl

As much as I'd like to see a heavyweight in a Pats jersey they are a thing of the past in today's junior game. Even the guys that are tough and enjoy fighting they are still regular players game in and game out and even more important they play a regular shift. Guys like Paddock (edm) Gabrielle (BRN) are more then willing to drop the Miya but also can score and play hockey. I can't even think of a legit heavyweight in the league this year that's how phased out they are.

I agre I don't want to see Burroughs dropping the mitts much and I don't think we will either unless it's standing up for a teammate just like last night.

I've been saying awhile that D'Amico was a better all around player then McVeigh and with D'Amico being a key PK guy along with scoring 5on5 IT makes him very hard to be let go. I don't think McVeigh has much of a trade market either will be lucky to get an 8th rd pick but I see more of a reassignment/release coming once he is healthy. I do think he will get one game before this happens though.

It's funny how as soon as Williams has a game where he is -1 or -2 (you get the point) certain folks on here are ripping him apart. Plus throws the hit of the night on Hart last night. He's been very steady back there this year

the team does seem to have an upside. I really like our group of 17 year olds. They are playing a regular shift and you can see that they are adapting to the pace of the WHL. I really like 34. he has great vision.

And Patsdude you talk about the Williams haters, I will throw another one out there. How about the Brooks haters? What was he last night? About 80% in the face off circle? Used his speed to create turn overs and to create back pressure. Might never score 30 goals. But, is proving himself to be a realible guy on the PK and on face offs.

Iconwhl

Yep I am the first to admit I hated on Brooks cause up until this year he was a unless tit (and that's putting it lightly) he has been playing very well this year. But 80% in te face off circle is alittle high lol I hope he keeps proving me wrong all year long cause it means one thing he is excelling