Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 home games (PA & RD)

Brooks is still too weak and lacks offensive thinking, but I'll take his pk and face off abilities. I hope he gets stronger and starts to get a little more offensive. Nobody is talking about the power play but this is the best puck movement since the Ederle years, it's nice too see everyone in front of the end line instead of 3 guys behind the end line. With klimchuck this team could do some damage.

Baddock is the guy in Edmonton and yes he can play some hockey. They had another one last year in Mitch Moroz and he could play some hockey. Edmonton always ensures they have that type of player on it's roster.

Since we for the time being have our 20 year olds, and big rugged player we need will have to be 18 or 19. Brook and Williams still need to prove consistency. After the first half of last season almost everyone on this site was calling for Williams to be traded.

By the end of training camp, most were calling for Brooks to be gone with McVeigh and Kammerer to be a big part of the team. I guess it goes to show you never can tell. Brooks has had a decent start, now he has to show consistency in his 3rd year.

Iconwhl

I'm in agreement that we need a big physical Dman and what a surprise MJ got one today from BRN in Green at 6'7 220lbs

Last night that Tkatch PP goal was simply cause none of our Dmen moved him out from infront of the paint. One guy who has been improving a lot but needs to play more physical is Reagan he has the size and isn't afraid to stop the gloves. Maybe we have one he just needs more grooming
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl

We are sure lucky Wapple showed up at 7pm cause the rest of the team didn't really ever show up for this game. This game should of been over in the 1st period.

Harrison I thought was fighting the pick all night long, I get its going to happen as he isn't that experienced of a Dman but he made easily 5 or 6 just flat out terrible plays.

There isn't a lot of positives to even talk about this game. I guess all that matters is we do good in our divisional games we still got a point from tonight's game but it sure wasn't pretty and we didn't deserve a point at all.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

I agree we got a freebie tonight in the point. There was no real way we deserved it. I get the feeling that we are going to see more than our share of nights like these. We are not a particularly young club but we are very inexperienced, and it showed.

Some observations I made are that we have good speed, we are getting too cute considering we don't have enough finisher type players, we didn't win a battle at either end all night long, RD is flat our bigger than we are, we don't have a true leader.

Kudos again to Burroughs for showing up but he took a pretty good beat down. Scrapping like that every game is simply not his game. He will get hurt if he keeps that up. He showed great courage but he has to be a big minute guy making plays.

Christopher stood up but really he's lucky he wan't fighting an experienced guy at that size. The Eastern Conference and Eastern Division for the most part have big tough teams and every team has a few tough guys. Unfortunately we don't.

RD took it to us physically all game and were looking for partners most of the night. I know their physical play wore us out especially trying to play this finesse game. Some nights we need to own the boards and fight to get to the net. Some smash mouth hockey.

Apart of why Edmonton got as far as they did(and ended up winning) was that they had Baddock, Moroz, and a big mobile defence. If you got toughness to back you up, other players will play with more edge and confidence themselves.

Players who can play and fight sometimes is a neat combo, but we need a tough guy who isn't afraid to go to the box if necessary. I could care less what David Branch wants for the future of major junior....the refs aren't enough to keep players safe. This team needs a fighter. Someone to intimidate, and secure the future guys like steel from liberties. And that player isn't our number one defenceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Apart of why Edmonton got as far as they did(and ended up winning) was that they had Baddock, Moroz, and a big mobile defence. If you got toughness to back you up, other players will play with more edge and confidence themselves.

Players who can play and fight sometimes is a neat combo, but we need a tough guy who isn't afraid to go to the box if necessary. I could care less what David Branch wants for the future of major junior....the refs aren't enough to keep players safe. This team needs a fighter. Someone to intimidate, and secure the future guys like steel from liberties. And that player isn't our number one defenceman.
    Very well put and it says it all…..also it makes me feel a little less the dinasauor I know I am…

My concern is for the young guys like Steel, Kroeker, and the rest. Tonight RD took a couple liberties with Steel that really shouldn't be allowed. If Burroughs or Christopher goes after someone, they may not do well and we lose them for 17 minutes.

That's now two games in a row where Burroughs has had to answer the bell. It's good on him and all….but really? He is the captain and all but he is being thrust into a role he isn't equipped for. Teams will try to goad him into 17 mins and he's lost for a period.

Coming from the Flyers organization I wonder if Paddock wouldn't see and understands that, because he should. The Flyers always have had a supply of guys who can take care of business. We need that type of leader. If the leaders lead the followers will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Very well put and it says it all…..also it makes me feel a little less the dinasauor I know I am…

My concern is for the young guys like Steel, Kroeker, and the rest. Tonight RD took a couple liberties with Steel that really shouldn't be allowed. If Burroughs or Christopher goes after someone, they may not do well and we lose them for 17 minutes.

That's now two games in a row where Burroughs has had to answer the bell. It's good on him and all….but really? He is the captain and all but he is being thrust into a role he isn't equipped for. Teams will try to goad him into 17 mins and he's lost for a period.

Coming from the Flyers organization I wonder if Paddock wouldn't see and understands that, because he should. The Flyers always have had a supply of guys who can take care of business. We need that type of leader. If the leaders lead the followers will follow.
    Agree with both you guys. No one in the East Div has a straight out fighter though hey?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Angry

We no that defence need work . Someone should let Regain no that he is a defence man . Someone said he needs grooming A lot of it I think

Right now they key is adding some.... ignorance and size and hitter on the blue line.

Lets face it if Williams or Burroghs gets hurt we are in big trouble on nightly basis!

The young defence are showing a lot of deficiencies right now and we are allowing way too many breakaways which is something you have to control as wapple and fuhr are bailing us out a lot!

The d also allows guys in front of net infact 1 player had time to do a 360 and still get shot/goal which is hurting us. We have not played..... a lot in our end yet but other teams are now targeting the youth with match up etc. and dumping and chasing for certain times of game and running at d.

The coaching staff know the concerns on the backend as they are watching it and look for a deal to be in the works. Green would have been perfect fit size wise but is he 20? or 19? Maybe we need to deal with MJ as Paddock and Hunter have to be old friends on the ice!