Overview of Regina Pats Fans & Marketing for New Year:

Brand Centre Capacity- 6136

Regina Population- 220,000
    1/2 Hour Population-15,000 Projected
    1 Hour Population-50,000 Projected

Game 1- 4783 Fans vs Brandon 78% Capacity
    Game 2- 3752 Fans vs PA 61% Capacity
    Game 3- 3156 Fans vs Red Der 51% Capacity

Someone really needs to look at some branding and marketing and go south or to watch some college hockey at UND or Minnesota or partner with Riders marketing personal for ideas.

Its not all about being in first place either it's called entertainment business and relating to kids, moms, dads, grandpas, grandmas, and business and partners and BRANDING!

Items NEEDED.

1. Let get a big jumbo screen in the Brandt Centre!

2. Lets get Pat Cheer Leaders in stands like USA teams in NCAA hockey!
    The wear Pat jerseys and llemon pants!

3. Maybe the Regina Band Club for 5-10 home games!

4. The blue...... guys are ok with tights on as long as they have shorts on!

5. The Pats store sucks! Get some merchandise in at least 2 areas of arena the Neutral Zone is an embarrassment.....fits 3 people and tripping over everyone! Limited selection and looks like Parkers left overs from his office!

6. Get some jerseys of all players on team for sale! Numbers, name bars etc.

7. Give away 1 game worn sweater a 1 game stick to kids!

8. I am sure all you hockey geeks have some ideas!

There is no reason NOT to fill up the BRANDT Centre with the population associated and market potential with the Regina Pats.

Give the players and staff each 20 tickets each to give away to kids/families/friends ONLY 500 extra in attendance or Double it up!
    Quick math on income generated:
    $10 each- $5,000 income per game
    $20 each-$10,000 income per game
    $25 each-$12,500 income per game

Why not blanket the local schools give away tickets to youth who will bring or convince mom and dads or grand parents to games!

What if we had 5800-6000 fans per game? We would need a new arena!

The marketing and branding needs an overhaul?

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Items NEEDED.

1. Let get a big jumbo screen in the Brandt Centre!

2. Lets get Pat Cheer Leaders in stands like USA teams in NCAA hockey!
    The wear Pat jerseys and llemon pants!

3. Maybe the Regina Band Club for 5-10 home games!

4. The blue...... guys are ok with tights on as long as they have shorts on!

5. The Pats store sucks! Get some merchandise in at least 2 areas of arena the Neutral Zone is an embarrassment.....fits 3 people and tripping over everyone! Limited selection and looks like Parkers left overs from his office!

6. Get some jerseys of all players on team for sale! Numbers, name bars etc.

7. Give away 1 game worn sweater a 1 game stick to kids!

8. I am sure all you hockey geeks have some ideas!
    WE GOT ONE AS OF TODAY!!!! CHECK OUT FACEBOOK IF YOU LIKE THE PATS, MY WIFE JUST SHOWED ME SINCE I DONT USE FACEBOOK

update to my last post.....

upon further review it appears they are just 2 massive screens temporarily above center ice to fill the void until the new score clock arrives (whenever that will be)
    Last edited by patsdude114; 10-07-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: updated my info
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Christmas it should be installed.

This is a transition season. Things will change through out this season, with a new brand being implemented next season. As the owners have said, they plan on making a lot of changes to the game day experience and the center score clock was number one on the check list. Not sure what else is planned, but I'm sure there will be all sorts of change through out the season.

Next season I fully expect the team and experience to have a different feel. One big reason being...new jerseys. This worries me as the current jerseys are sharp as hell and are the nicest in years. I would be happy with just slapping the new logo on the current jerseys. I just really hope they don't screw with the colours or go with a stupid modern jersey pattern. Good chance I shouldn't be worried. We'll find out next year.

I also have a feeling K9 may end up being rejuvenated or even 'put down' at some point, which is loooooong over due. K9 just doesn't do it. There was a season where someone younger was in K9 a few games and they did a much better job. It was far too noticeable and a huge eye opener to how lame K9 is. His mopy look doesn't really help matters.

I'm not too concerned with the state of attendance right now. It's been down everywhere and this is how it's been here for years, especially while the Riders are still playing. Not saying it's a good excuse, but it is what it is. The new owners are well on their way to addressing it. A lot of the ideas that Shooter brought up have actually been done before. The past five seasons or so have just been a result of everyone being sick of the Parkers. It will take some time fix that damage and get the fans back. With some winning and a change of atmosphere in the rink, they'll come around.

I could go on and on about how things are looking very bright for the Pats, but there's no need to panic only after three home games and no rise in attendance. Give it time.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 10-08-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Iconwhl

Attendance is always low at the start of the year league wide not just here. We have to remember school just got back not long ago so parents are getting their kids back into a school routine after summer break then there is hockey tryouts and the start of minor hockey season a lot of families are busy with that there is only so much time in the day and it's not a cheap night out anymore for a family of 4 to attend a WHL game.

For the K9 comments my god this dog does need to be put down the sooner the better we need a new look in terms of a mascot one that actually wants to get tr crowd involved in the game. The old man who does K9 has been the same one since I was alittle kid and he has never got the crowd into it even during his younger years. Sure he used to bang his 'go pats go' signs together and run along the bottom when our seats didn't go to the glass but gone are those days.

I'm not one to give MJ much credit at all but their mascot gets the crowd into the game he acts like an idiot on the nice before the game and that's what you need as part of te entertainment value besides the actual hockey game.

Default K9 Puppy and Super Fan

I believe K9 has a role for younger kids as he is a nice PUPPY and does not bite. However time to get someone on the ice our in the stands to go along with him......maybe a dog that has RABBIES!

I watched Brandon on video feeed and they had a crazy gut they brought in from the states for the home opener vs pats.... I think SUPER fan. He did a awesome job!

The Pats have great uniforms...no work needed on this issue at all....and a lot of history!

The merchandise is a joke along with the store.

I am going to give the new owners the benefit of doubt that all this will be addressed over next 60 days as they are first class people who care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I am going to give the new owners the benefit of doubt that all this will be addressed over next 60 days as they are first class people who care.
    60 days??.... lol

Iconwhl

What happens after 60 days? Once the new scoreboard is out up I wouldn't expect much more for this season at least that's my opinion.

I would love to see a new mascot though but really what choices do we have for a mascot it's not like we are some sort of an animal or something along those lines. We are associated with the infantry so what options do we have? We could bring back Pat the polar bear I guess he started off cool but that's where it ended

I'm not expecting any miracles here, but I hope the Pats brass goes to some big league stadiums/arenas and brings in some good ideas and sticks to them. People have talked about NCAA hockey on this board, and it's really popular in some circles. Do it right, and spend the money in the right places (ie: bring in good merchandise and make sure the in-stadium entertainment doesn't look cheap and amateurish.) I think Timbits hockey is cute, but I don't need to see it twice a week.

Building a good "fan culture" is as important as winning for bringing in fans. The Riders have a pretty good one, and they keep making tweaks (ie: a drum line). Treat people like you are grateful they chose to spend their hard-earned dollars on your product, and try to make sure they have FUN. The on-ice product will have ups and downs and the armchair coaches and scouts will always have things to talk about, but make it fun for the people who could stay home, go to the movies, or spend the night at the pub.