Thread: Fleury named to selection camp

Default Fleury named to selection camp

Wow! Clearly they haven't done any scouting for this camp, and are going only by where they were drafted in the NHL draft.

2. Default

Interesting. My initial reaction was the opposite. Hicketts undrafted. Chartier 5th round. Point 3rd round. Lawson Crouse - 2015 eligible with only 38 career OHL points over 2 seasons ... lots of high NHL draft picks (who are producing) passed over for these guys

In addition to Cote, a rookie on the team is currently putting up more points than Fleury, without constantly making massive mistakes defensively that always seem to lead to goals. I don't think I would send either Doetzel or Strand to a world jr. evaluation camp, but I would probably send them before Fleury.

From what I understand, Fluery really impressed at the development camp in the summer, which is probably what is getting him his shot now, as it certainly hasn't been his play so far this year. He will probably step it up 250% and make the team. Funny how when some kids get drafted it is like they have nothing left to play for on their junior team. Dumba was another perfect example.

Will be really interesting to see how Bleackley responds to not making the cut. Use it as motivation or put the pout on again like when he got back from the nhl camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Wow! Clearly they haven't done any scouting for this camp, and are going only by where they were drafted in the NHL draft.
    SectionN you already know that a top 10 draft pick get quite a bit of rope when it comes to Hockey Canada and when you add on that the kid has actual talent he will get a shot. Here is a scouting report on Hayden.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...1st-round-pick

Yeah, I guess if they are basing everything on his play before July, as per that article, it all makes sense. If this season were his draft year, he would probably be lucky to be drafted in the later rounds, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    You'd think Bleackley would have been invited then. But yes, in no way should Fleury been invited this year based on his play.
    Last edited by calcheyup; 12-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Fluery cut from the junior team after the Russia game tonight. Hopefully it sends the message that even though he is a high nhl draft pick he is going to have to work for things yet. Come back to Red Deer, get going and become the Fluery of last year again.