9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 66.67%
  • no

3 33.33%

Thread: drop euros to one add extra 20

Hybrid View

Default drop euros to one add extra 20

I think we should limit imports to one and add an extra 20 yr old . although with the NHL supplying farm teams with roster players most quality 20's are gone .
    GO WARRIORS GO

I don't really see why they would even need to drop a euro spot. They should really just add two overage spots.

Iconwhl

adding 1 or 2 overagers would just add to the quality of hockey we watch on a nightly basis.... sure we lose out on the quality of 20yr olds we see in the league now but just to have another older guy or 2 to add to the quality of hockey we watch on a nightly basis would be a great thing for the CHL in general
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Before they do any of this, they need to reverse that asinine rule about Europeans not being able to play goal.

Iconwhl

I actually have no problems at all with the euro rule of no more euro goalies, it was too easy for teams to just draft a goalie from over seas and never have to worry about developing a goalie from the bantam draft. It was a quick fix when you had nothing coming up, I bet Saskatoon wishes they could of drafted one to replace Makarov
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I actually have no problems at all with the euro rule of no more euro goalies, it was too easy for teams to just draft a goalie from over seas and never have to worry about developing a goalie from the bantam draft. It was a quick fix when you had nothing coming up, I bet Saskatoon wishes they could of drafted one to replace Makarov
    Bringing in any player from overseas is as much of a crapshoot as drafting and developing one, if not moreso. There's no guarantee ever that any import will pan out. It was hardly some sort of magical "fix" to not having a homegrown goalie ready to step in. Some imports turn out and some don't; that's the nature of it.