Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martin or Moodie

Default Martin or Moodie

Now what ,with the play of Trevor Martin since he has come back to the Blades and his play in Melville I think he deserves another shot. The team definitely is not moving Amundrud when he comes back form injury so I guess that leaves one move to me.Do you trade (probably not ),reassign (to who?) or just release Moodie ?Stats show Moodie is getting worse ever year, while Martin is improving in the short amount of games he has played in the WHL and SJHL .The Blades are definitely not going to have Moodie as a 20yr next year,so is now the time to move on from Moodie ? I think so.

They should be keeping Martin but I won't be surprised if they keep Moodie, can't see the management admitting that they were wrong to have Moodie come back and be given the starting job rite off the bat.

Nobody in their right mind would've kept Moodie over Martin and Herringer who is doing well as a call up with Kelowna, Herringer never even got a chance to play here.

Can't say I've been to pleased with what they've done in trades this year. Going for older players when they should be building for the future. No impact 16 yr olds. After Hebig, their 17's are so so.

When it comes to having a chance to win(Martin) or losing (Moodie) I would admit I was wrong in a heart beat ,but that's me .As for impact 16yr olds(born in1998) there isn't many out there .The only two 16yr olds that are out there that are putting up points are Nolan Patrick (Brandon)who sits 114th in scoring and Sam Steel(Regina) who sits 118th in scoring, so the ones we do have just need good coaching and development time. Trav you seem to go to all the Blades home games it seems to me Gingras is the only one on the Blades that is hitting people ,he's 16.The skill is there with him ,he wins a lot of face offs ,hits, and back checks its only a matter of time before the points start coming. Higson is getting better same as Amundrud, and Reid didn't look out of place since he's been called up. So for the most part our 16yr old aren't that bad. Yeah it would be nice to have one that puts up 50-60 pts in his first year, but that doesn't happen often anymore .I agree with you about the older players and the so so 17yr olds.

I'm pretty sure they let Alex go.

Back to the same position from about a month ago! Which 2 goalies do you keep? Something is missing......why was the choice to assign Martin & keep Moodie. Yes he has experience. But that experience he has, hasn't came with success! Now they've decide to keep Reid. Who's the odd man out on the backend? They going to rotate Reid & Higson in & out? Thought that Amundrud & Henry are suppose to be back this wkend & Coglan by next wkend! So when......?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Back to the same position from about a month ago! Which 2 goalies do you keep? Something is missing......why was the choice to assign Martin & keep Moodie. Yes he has experience. But that experience he has, hasn't came with success! Now they've decide to keep Reid. Who's the odd man out on the backend? They going to rotate Reid & Higson in & out? Thought that Amundrud & Henry are suppose to be back this wkend & Coglan by next wkend! So when......?
    The Blades Twitter account said that Henry will be back for this weekends Alberta trip ,Amundrud will start take shots in practise next week according to the paper.I think once all players are back we will see some more changes.The team has now committed to the young players(16yr olds) now and the don't look out of place,so if I was a older player I would be putting in more of a effort into my play because the team you would think are going to have to move or release some guys.

I think the frustrating thing is they panicked & made trades. In hindsight, maybe they should have stuck it out with the young guys, esp on D. Not to bring the Henry trade again........but I haven't been that impressed with him. I could understand a 3rd rounder, maybe even a 2nd but not Ottenbreit. Now I've seen Henry play a few games, definitely not worth it. I think the young guys took a lot of the blame for the poor start. But no one was playing Defense & giving up over 40 shots a game. So who's the odd man out......Coghlan? Or trade???

When the tbirds were in PA I was again impressed with Ottenbreit. Don't know why he was ever considered to be trade able.

I agree the Blades did over react and made a lot of senseless deals, the exception being the Sherbak deal as now the Blades can get two pretty good players in the first round.

It sounded like this was going to be the weekend where the goaltending would be decided. Right now though the Blades are losing 7-0 to the Oil Kings which on paper doesn't look good on Martin but I'm not at the game so can't tell if he's at fault. The defense has been suspect all season so can't see all the goals being his fault tonite.

I'll seriously be pissed if Moodie is kept. I think the Blades need to realize that this is a forgotten seasonn and should just rotate Amundrud and Martin and get rid of the 19's that won't be back next year and go with youth.

36 shots for Calgary in two periods, and it's only 2-0. Martin has come to play but its quite obvious the rest of the team hasn't. Only 12 shots on net.