Thread: Brandon/Saskatoon Trade

Hybrid View

Default Brandon/Saskatoon Trade

Brandon, MB. -- The Brandon Wheat Kings have announced two moves Wednesday.

The Western Hockey League club, who currently leads the Eastern Conference with a record of 19-5-2, have designated goalkeeper Logan Thompson for reassignment and have acquired veteran goalkeeper Alex Moodie from the Saskatoon Blades for a conditional eighth round bantam selection.

A 19-year old Winnipeg product, Moodie was a member of the 2013 Saskatoon club that hosted the MasterCard Memorial Cup. He was chosen by the Blades in the fifth round of the 2010 WHL bantam draft.

In eleven games with the Blades this season, Moodie has compiled a 4.86 goals against average and an .864 save percentage.

In 67 career games in the WHL, the 6'1" 182 lb Moodie has posted a 4.30 goals against average, an .882 save percentage and one shutout.

A 17-year old native of Calgary, Thompson has played in four games this season, winning three and posting a 4.74 goals against average.

Moodie is expected to join the Wheat Kings immediately and is expected to dress for Brandon's next game Friday night - in Saskatoon.
    I think this is a good move for Brandon. If they want to be serious contenders, the work load needed to be eased on Papirny, and I'm sure there wasn't a lot of confidence in Thompson at this point. I'm interested to see if they give Moodie the start in Saskatoon.

Logan Thompson has been reassigned to the Grande Prairie Storm of the AJHL.

Good luck Logan in Grande Prairie. The stint with Brandon was a good opportunity for Logan to get his feet wet in the WHL, get a taste of the life of it and what it takes to succeed. Now is a chance for Logan to go to the Storm and work hard and continue to develop to return to the team next season with a better understanding and to be better prepared.