Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MORRISEY TRADED - FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN

Default MORRISEY TRADED - FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN

The Morrisey deal sends a talented player to a team already loaded with riches. PA got a strong return IMO. Let's be honest Morrisey has been plagued with inconsistency a lot of his career. He and Klimchuk were taken very near each other in the WHL draft. I would expect that this could in fact have the effect of driving prices even higher. Now teams like Seattle, Victoria and perhaps Portland are going to have to decide if they want to contend out west or not. With Klimchuk and Reinhart the big fish left, prices will be high.

From what I've been able to read, Kootenay doesn't look to be in a selling mood. They have have a history of making big deals like the Eakin deal. With Dashenau, Bozon and Reinhart, they are only a player or two away from being contenders. But really it's anybody's guess which way they will go. I think the PA deal signals that a team playing well will still make a deal. Much like the Pats they know that they are not there yet, and want to shore up their future. We should have done this last season. Things should heat up now.

It is not a good year for sellers as Kel. and Brn. are so strong in their conferences. Brandon is really built for next year and 2016/17 so I can not see them making any more major moves that would effect the team in mediun term. We will not be buyers and I don't think Swift will either. In the Central division possible MH and Cal. could be buyers. In the BC division Kel. has one trade done and could be after some forwards and scoring help but they will be stingy with any offer. Victoria could be a buyer. In the US Evt. and Por. are the top seed so either could be buyers. With that said and take Kel. and Brn. out you are left with M.H. Cal. Vic. Eve. Por.

On another note: Looking at the standings PG has 16 wins but has 98 GF and 127 GA They must win a lot of one goal games and loose by a large margin. They should be looking for a tender

I think SC will be a buyer they have a very strong defense and a very strong 20yr old group. They have under achieved up to this point, they also have some quality 17yr olds in Gawdin and Debrusk moving forward.... Get those 2 players lots of playoff experience this year and you will see their development in becoming dominate type players (even though that is Prob in the cards already for them)

I guess if you look at the return on Morrissey and the age groups the PA has now the trade works out for them to get 2 players who will play into their 20yr old season. That type of a return wouldn't do us much good cause those are not the age groups we are building around. We already have a 19yr old who doesn't get to play much when out lineup is healthy. We need 16 or 17 year olds in any trade we do (or even a 15yr old &/or picks)

So here is a question that maybe someone can answer... I know there is a CHL rule where players at the WJ tournament can not be traded but are they allowed to be traded while they are attending say a camp to make the team? If they are not allowed too then Klimchuk can not be traded starting today until he he released or the tournament is over
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

There are a lot of dynamics to a trade that are never brought out. Clearly Kelowna is going for it. They get two 19 year olds and may have one of them back next year. They give PA a 19 and 18 year old. Lees at this moment has more points than Morrisey and will be a Burroughs type player for them next year. They got 18 year old Austin Glover who is a 6'2" right winger scoring nearly a point per game. They potentially have him for two years. To boot they get a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Right now PA knows Morrisey is gone for at least a month and they have one of their top d-men out with injury. This way they can keep competing having Lees in the lineup. Glover is a younger upgrade over Quinney. I think PA did alright considering everything.

If this deal is made on January 10th I believe Kelowna needs to give up a 1st and 2nd pick to make this happen. PA gets a d-man right now and Kelowna has to wait to get their prize.

The details on trades during the WJ's is bit mirky. It seems like some have been announced while other's hadn't. Maybe that was just due to media or team leaks. Trades have been made but not released until after the tourney. I don't know about training camp but doubt because those who are released are subject to be traded. It would be good to know the real facts and process.

Looks like Hilsendager is out with a long term injury and Ryan Krushen is getting recalled to fill in.... This could mean Krushen is up for the rest of the year due to schooling commitments. He has looked good during his last call up and at the start of the year before being reassigned, yet another list player this franchise has down well with...

Correct me if I'm wrong or forgetting someone but current list players on the roster are.....
    Hunt
    Gay
    Brown
    Christoffer
    Harrison
    Krushen (as of very soon)

Plus a list player who has signed the WHL standard agreement
    Berg

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Looks like Hilsendager is out with a long term injury and Ryan Krushen is getting recalled to fill in.... This could mean Krushen is up for the rest of the year due to schooling commitments. He has looked good during his last call up and at the start of the year before being reassigned, yet another list player this franchise has down well with...

Correct me if I'm wrong or forgetting someone but current list players on the roster are.....
    Hunt
    Gay
    Brown
    Christoffer
    Harrison
    Krushen (as of very soon)

Plus a list player who has signed the WHL standard agreement
    Berg
    Maybe D'Amico? I think he was drafted by Seattle, realeased and listed by us. Could be wrong about that.

Iconwhl

The Pats injected some youth to the lineup today by recalling forward Jacob Elmer ('98) and defenceman Ryan Krushen ('98). Krushen played two games with the Pats earlier this season while Elmer has been on a tear in midget with 8 goals and 4 assists in his last three games.

^from facebook page

I think we will see both these players sticking around for the remainder of the year as well... just a feeling I got

And I do believe you are right add D'Amico to that list, that's rare to see that our entire 1st line (HUNT/GAY/D'AMICO) are all list players

Iconwhl The offical press release

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club announced today the team has recalled forward Jacob Elmer (’98) from the Edge Hockey School (CSSHL) and defenceman Ryan Krushen (‘98) from the Sherwood Park Kings (AMHL).

Elmer was the Pats’ 6th Round pick (116 Overall) in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and joins the club in the midst of a strong year with the Edge Hockey School. In 15 games this season, Elmer leads his club with 13 goals while adding 11 assists for 24 points. In the three games leading up to Elmer’s call-up, the Calgary product has 12 points (8G, 4A). In five pre-season games with the Pats this fall, Elmer scored three goals including a two goal effort against Moose Jaw. Elmer is the youngest player on a WHL roster, not turning sixteen until December 31st.

Krushen rejoins the Pats from the Sherwood Park Kings after playing two games in a call-up stint earlier in the season. The Sherwood Park, AB native played in two games with an even plus/minus rating.

The Pats look to return to the win column Saturday night in Saskatoon with puck drop slated for 7:05 p.m.

Daniel Fink
    Director Media and Communications
    Regina Pats Hockey Club

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The Pats injected some youth to the lineup today by recalling forward Jacob Elmer ('98) and defenceman Ryan Krushen ('98). Krushen played two games with the Pats earlier this season while Elmer has been on a tear in midget with 8 goals and 4 assists in his last three games.

^from facebook page

I think we will see both these players sticking around for the remainder of the year as well... just a feeling I got

And I do believe you are right add D'Amico to that list, that's rare to see that our entire 1st line (HUNT/GAY/D'AMICO) are all list players
    It's a heck of a lot more productive than the 2011 draft was I will gladly admit Brooks has surprised me in a way I didn't see coming. The other two in that 2nd round not so much. I would agree with you that bringing those two kids up at this point would likely be for the season. Primarily the schooling issue has to be addressed and you can't yo-yo them at this stage of the school year. It does suggest that with extra bodies around there may need to be some movement to make room for them. Interesting times coming.

Iconwhl

Oh God that 2011 draft was just brutal, especially now with Mumby no longer here (never thought id say those words lol)

If all of a sudden Koberstein showed up in a Pats jersey then that draft could be seen as a decent success with himself and Brooks. Sure nice that Brooks has found his offensive game with getting a bigger role to try to produce, im the first to admit I was very hard on him and didn't think he belonged in the league. Glad he has proved me wrong.