Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: MORRISEY TRADED - FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN

Iconwhl

The Pats had put Krushen on the roster during his last call up imo I think that's reading too far into things but hey never know, I for one hope all 3 stick around for the rest of the year..... I guess time will tell

As for the draft's comments yes this year's draft is fine but I see no problems at all if we can add a second 1st rd pick or even another 2nd round pick it just makes us have that much stronger of a draft in the long run. But with that said too I do think that with the assets we have this year when they are traded (whoever they may be) we will see some picks for next year being in the return.

For what it matters with my opinion in what I would like to see us get in a possible return for Klimchuk &/or Burroughs.... I would like to see another quality '98 to play with Steel and grow together to be our #1 line when they are 18/19, I would also like to see (1) '96 coming our way to compliment Brooks (since we all know how weak out 2011 draft was) and a couple draft picks in the 1st-3rd round range

I also get to get that type of return that most likely both players will have to be traded as I don't see 1 of them going for all that.

On a side note I cant wait til this trade deadline passes as im almost getting sick of talking about it lol sure its fun to think of the possible ingredients needed to move these types of players but damn it would be nice to be able to talk about something that has actually happened already lol
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    On the Pats website Elmer, Krushen, Mortlock all show up on the Pats active roster with numbers assigned. It's interesting they would put them on the roster if they were just short term call ups.
    This may also be due to whoever is looking after the Pats site now a days. Seems like ever since the redesign, the site has been updated very regularly. More than I've ever seen. We might just be used to the site being updated sometimes rather than as things happen. I say this because if they are called up and are eligible to play all year, they would be considered a part of the active roster, call up or not. So they should be on the main roster page when called up.

I think this is another sign that the times are a changing in Patsville! I hardly used to look at the Pats site for info as it was often at least a few days behind, but this year things seem to be updated daily. Another nice change

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy View Post
    This may also be due to whoever is looking after the Pats site now a days. Seems like ever since the redesign, the site has been updated very regularly. More than I've ever seen. We might just be used to the site being updated sometimes rather than as things happen. I say this because if they are called up and are eligible to play all year, they would be considered a part of the active roster, call up or not. So they should be on the main roster page when called up.

I think this is another sign that the times are a changing in Patsville! I hardly used to look at the Pats site for info as it was often at least a few days behind, but this year things seem to be updated daily. Another nice change
    I agree with every point made in this post Fight Guy, and I do believe it is a direct fall back on the new ownership group. The Parker's stopped truly caring about the fans years ago which was a direct fall back on the website. You don't keep a website up to date cause its fun, you keep it up to date cause of the fans/interest in your product.

On a side note seeing that there is Second Half Season tickets available im very tempted to go buy a youth ticket for the rest of the year right beside me so no random person can sit beside me... its so annoying having a kid bouncing in the seat beside me... Yes im a grouch and im damn proud of it
    Last edited by patsdude114; 12-12-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Witness that's what I've been saying, this years draft is fine. Great move by calling mortlach up I really think he will be a key dman the rest of this year and next.
    I'm a bit confused but I'll eventually figure it out. I may be wrong but what I take from Witnesses comment is that outside of Klimchuk and Burroughs, we don't have much to trade this time and even less next year. Our 96's are Brooks, Harrison and now Mortlock.

We won't have anything to trade next year to recoup 2016 picks. It needs to be done this year. The potential 20 year olds we may have next season will be needed for our team and won't be traded. At best we may have one available. That won't get the picks back.

Brooks may end up being a strong 20 year old in a couple years when we are supposed to be going for the brass ring. The jury may still be out on Harrison and Mortlock, who is yet unproven. At this point it may be a stretch to project them as impact guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paddock incorporate a 96 born player and 2016 pick into any deal(s) he might make. He was handed a bit of a crap sandwich missing a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th over the course off two drafts. Now he needs to try to fix it.

indulge me a little: As I have posted before the owners (QCS&E) are very interested to host the MCup in 2019. The WHL, for the 2016 selection, established a committee to evaluate the hockey talent on the bidding teams as the WHL does not want a repeat of the S'toon MCup. The MCup is a tournament of the top 18 & 19 year olds, Counting back from the 2018/19 season the 2014 picks will be 19 and the 2015 picks will be in their 18 year old season. With that in mind IMO the Pats will try to recoup and gain 2015 picks. The 2016 picks are still important, in 2019 they will be 17s and could be assets to trade if you need a few pieces.

Interesting comments by the pats coaches tonite, they now feel with the way the teams playing they might have to change their game plan. Could this be a smoke screen, stay tuned for after Xmas. Also guys we don't know what next years draft class looks like, last years was one of the best 1st rounds in years. By the looks of our system we will have the players to play with steel. Elmer, berg, smith, cole, Wagner just to name a few. A couple of these guys didn't make the team this year do to numbers but there talented players getting special tine in the minors. Plus this last years draft with a good crop of 15 year olds. Boys were fine.