Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MORRISEY TRADED - FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Oh God that 2011 draft was just brutal, especially now with Mumby no longer here (never thought id say those words lol)

If all of a sudden Koberstein showed up in a Pats jersey then that draft could be seen as a decent success with himself and Brooks. Sure nice that Brooks has found his offensive game with getting a bigger role to try to produce, im the first to admit I was very hard on him and didn't think he belonged in the league. Glad he has proved me wrong.
    So true! I don't get Koberstein. His NHL team must want him to develop, but the USHL? I read on the LP that the WHL imposes a moratorium from Dec 15 - 26 as far as trades are concerned. It means the Pats have 4 days to make any deals or they wait until the 26th.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    So true! I don't get Koberstein. His NHL team must want him to develop, but the USHL? I read on the LP that the WHL imposes a moratorium from Dec 15 - 26 as far as trades are concerned. It means the Pats have 4 days to make any deals or they wait until the 26th.
    You would think his agent and the Montreal Canadiens would want to get him to develop under a successful NHL/AHL coach & manager rather then the USHL but it just goes to show what sort of damage the Parker's did do with the respect towards this franchise over the years.

So after the 4 days coming up then there is what 15 days from dec 26-jan10 for any trades to be made............ interesting times but for the love of god I want to see what our franchise does, the team we all care about so much

Being that our next game is against Saskatoon does one think that maybe Steel will be playing with Elmer?
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Paddock will exercise due diligence but he will do something. I also think he is playing possum to some extent. You have to know there are ongoing negotiations but he isn't showing his hand. With Williams and now Hilsendager hurt, there may be a different priority somewhat. So many scenarios out there. Perhaps he moves Klimchuk but not Burroughs? Maybe another deal involving some other players surfaces. He is likely talking with NHL clubs (NYI) what their plans are. Weighing offers and fine tuning others.

If he has been truthful about rebuilding then I think it would prudent to follow through with your business plan. Klimchuk and Burroughs will get us prospects and picks. It will fill draft holes and position us for success. I don't think he will use the Parker model.

I think last nights loss and the Morrisey trade are food for Paddock to chew on. A few losses and your back to a mediocre club again. Injuries can derail you quickly like last year with Stevenson and Wapple. Not moving Klimchuk + Burroughs would be a blunder.

I suspect he will follow through and move them both to get the prospects and picks he needs. It could be an 11th hour deal like last year. The potential is there for a huge blockbuster or two! I don't think Paddock will get swindled as I sense he is very astute.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the their war room. If Klimchuk makes the WJ team I don't think he comes back to the Pats. Burroughs will likely be dangled to the highest bidder and that could go to deadline type of thing.

Can you imagine how strong Regina will be in 3 years if they trade away Klimchuk and Burroughs, aye aye aye as a WK fan i hope you keep them both!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Can you imagine how strong Regina will be in 3 years if they trade away Klimchuk and Burroughs, aye aye aye as a WK fan i hope you keep them both!
    To a large extent I think Paddock is looking at the models of both Brandon and Kelowna. He will be doing things differently than in the past, and it's clear the new owners want a powerhouse. In a couple years I believe they will be something to be contended with.

Pats fans are not under the illusion that we're top 4 club, but we're obviously happy with the way the team is playing as of late. They compete and are very hard to play against. They need more talent and seasoning. Until then there will be some good and bad times.

Geez I hope we don't do any favours for the WK's..LOL They already have too many riches. At least you can't take advantage of Robson anymore Based on talent and experience Brandon and Medicine Hat should duke it out in the East. In the West Kelowna and well Kelowna should prevail out there. The only caveat would be if a 2nd tier team makes a bunch of moves. Regina could be a king maker and there are great 20 year olds like Rodewald that might put a team into that echelon. It will be fun to follow.

Evert and calgary in the final. If we trade klimchuck it better be for picks and 16-17 yr olds. I see next years trade deadline our big selling year. We will position ourselves for 2016/17. That's why I'm not too worried about this years trade deadline, it doesn't really effect the big picture, we recoup all our picks plus a few players next year by trading 2 or 3 of: hunt, gay, wappel, Williams. You guys might not see it my way which is fair but this year really doesn't affect the long term plans and I think paddock sees it the same way. If we get the right package for klimchuck and Burroughs then yes we could possible make a run next year but I don't see teams giving up key players. I guess we will see how our future looks next home game with the young guys called up.. Our system is deep just have to recoup a couple of picks.

Iconwhl

my question to you is....

what do you honestly think Hunt Gay Wapple Williams will be worth next year as 20yr olds? especially at trade deadline when its a 2month rental and their careers are done with....

we have less to sell next year, trade deadline is basically the shuffle of the 19yr olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    If we trade klimchuck it better be for picks and 16-17 yr olds.
    The only thing I agree with in your post is this line here ^, if we get a deal like what PA got I don't see the point in pulling the trigger as those are not the age groups we are building around (or trying to build around).
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

I see wappel giving a team the goaltender to put them over the top (pats 2001) ouch still a sore spot. Hunt gives a team a 80 point getter next year and gay 35 goals. Williams would anchor a pp next year. All good 20's for a mem cup contender.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    So true! I don't get Koberstein. His NHL team must want him to develop, but the USHL?
    I really don't think we'll ever see him here. Sounds like he's completely committed to college hockey. UAF (University of Alaska Fairbanks) to be precise. The Habs don't expect to see him in their system for a few years, other than camps. I'm sure they'd like him to develop in major junior, but they won't try to make a player throw his college and education dreams away. I feel this ship has sailed.

The Koberstein ship may have sailed away but one never knows. Like I've seen time and time again, the NCAA thing is often a huge disappointment for these kids. If their a 1st or 2nd round pick the NHL team call them up and they turn pro before ever graduating.

A lot of the other kids get to their teams and either end up red shirting or playing very little as 18 yr old rookies. Often times going into their 2nd year @ 19 they may have played in 15 games, and often end up back with their CHL teams i.e. Tambellini last year.

Next year at the trade deadline the only teams perhaps wanting an upgrade at the 20 yr old spot will be contenders. That means they likely already have strong 20 yr olds, and won't pay dearly to upgrade. At best a 4th or 5th round picks as a return.

If Hunt, Gay and Williams are performing at a high level as 20 year olds, Paddock would never move them for the type of compensation he would surely be offered. He still needs leadership for a young group and still wants to be competitive. He's made that clear.

Other than 20 year olds we will have nothing to trade next year, certainly nothing we could get 2nd or 3rd round picks for. We will be keeping the core together to make a run at it the following season. Klimchuk and Burroughs are our best chance to recover picks.

We're playing good hockey but we're not final four material. Look at what Kelowna did today and what other teams are likely to do as well. To get the players we would need just to make a decent run, would decimate our draft for three years or longer. Unacceptable.