Thread: Blades trade Nogier and Adamson to Red Deer

Default Blades trade Nogier and Adamson to Red Deer

for Mason McCarty, the Rebels 1st round pick in 2016 and their 2nd round pick in 2015.

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/artic...mson-to-rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    for Mason McCarty, the Rebels 1st round pick in 2016 and their 2nd round pick in 2015.

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/artic...mson-to-rebels
    Doesn't that seem like cheap payment for nogier?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It's a good deal IMO. No question, Nogier is good but I wouldn't call him an elite d-man. He'll help the Rebels for sure next year.

The Blades got picks that can help them in the future. Who knows, they now got the ability to give up a high pick for some younger players that can help them now and next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Doesn't that seem like cheap payment for nogier?
    Like Trav said he is not a elite d-man, I think the Blades scored .Watching Noggier cough the puck lots this year was painful to watch.

Don't mind the deal, he'd be gone next trade deadline at the latest. He's not top 2 talent dman so that's great to get a 1st & 2nd rounders. Adamson won't be much of a hole to fill. Problem is they have to fill some big minutes on d to finish the year. 1-2 steady dmen would be great. Coghlan is expendable & Henry prob will get moved.......can't believe anyone would give up much for him. They need someone to play on the wing with Hebig & Graham. Do you bring Forsberg back next yr & move to the wing once Sloboshan's back or deal him?

Think they need to use some of these picks to get some quality young players back & release some the old dead weight!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Don't mind the deal, he'd be gone next trade deadline at the latest. He's not top 2 talent dman so that's great to get a 1st & 2nd rounders. Adamson won't be much of a hole to fill. Problem is they have to fill some big minutes on d to finish the year. 1-2 steady dmen would be great. Coghlan is expendable & Henry prob will get moved.......can't believe anyone would give up much for him. They need someone to play on the wing with Hebig & Graham. Do you bring Forsberg back next yr & move to the wing once Sloboshan's back or deal him?

Think they need to use some of these picks to get some quality young players back & release some the old dead weight!
    It sounds like there's interest in other players so if Forsberg is one of those players, wouldn't be surprised if he's moved. Like to see Schacher and Krupic gone, though I can't see anyone wanting them. Their big, slow and soft.

Yes they both are soft. Krupic, I personally don't mind, cuz he isn't terrible at both end. But why a guy like Schacher isn't more physical, is beyond me! They need to find some replacements for all 3 - 19 yr old dmen. & if Henry is gone, we're pretty young back there!

I can stand losing when they play hard. So going young on d & in goal may not have made much difference, in hind sight. I get they say they want to establish a winning culture but that definitely hasn't happened. Not sure where the management staff thought the team would be at this point. Everyone expected to be near the bottom. So why not sell off anything worth value for good young players. Maybe package them with some good picks for talented prospects. & if they are gonna wait for these 2015 & '16 picks, we looking at 2.5 yrs plus till they have an impact. How many high pick do you really need in each draft? Priestner says in interview while on BC road trip that they aren't gonna move young prospects or picks for the short term. But the Henry trade was exactly that. At this point, could anyone disagree that we are a better team right now with Henry instead of Ottenbreit.

Mason McCarty asked for a trade right after he was a healthy scratch last time Red Deer played here. His Grandparents live in Saskatoon, so he is excited to be coming here.
    This was a good trade for the Blades to make, depending on what they do with it. Woods talks like he would like to flip the first rounder for someone who can help now. My question is help with what? Your not going to win many games this year. Rebuilding is the goal. Play your young players like Gingras more and let them get the experience to grow as a player. Playing him 10 minutes a night while your 19 year olds play 25 is ridiculous and just delays the rebuild. Lets get younger at the trade deadline and take our lumps with 16-17 & 18 year olds that can develop in the next couple of seasons. Bring in a couple of tough guys to look after the youngsters and let the chips fall where they may. Would rather watch that and lose than watch guys like Forsberg and Henry and lose anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Mason McCarty asked for a trade right after he was a healthy scratch last time Red Deer played here. His Grandparents live in Saskatoon, so he is excited to be coming here.
    This was a good trade for the Blades to make, depending on what they do with it. Woods talks like he would like to flip the first rounder for someone who can help now. My question is help with what? Your not going to win many games this year. Rebuilding is the goal. Play your young players like Gingras more and let them get the experience to grow as a player. Playing him 10 minutes a night while your 19 year olds play 25 is ridiculous and just delays the rebuild. Lets get younger at the trade deadline and take our lumps with 16-17 & 18 year olds that can develop in the next couple of seasons. Bring in a couple of tough guys to look after the youngsters and let the chips fall where they may. Would rather watch that and lose than watch guys like Forsberg and Henry and lose anyways.
    Agree with most of your post. I like the way Henry and Forsberg have played.

3 young guys I enjoy watching are Gingras, Armour, and Braid. They are starting to display some confidence out there. Braid Is fearless.

Will be nice to see Sloboshian back in the line up soon.

Looks like we have finally found a goaltender in Amundrud.

I don't mind the Nogier deal. Nothing against Nelson, but I had expected a little more out of him this year.

I think Adamson has a huge upside to him. Hopefully I'm wrong. Then again, maybe Mcarty makes more sense for the blades as he's younger than Adamson.

The thing everyone forgot about Nogier was the fact he is not a #1 defenceman, but was expected to play like one. Every year he has had a very good partner that could cover his mistakes and help him develop. He missed most of last year and that hurt him. He should be a # 3 or 4 on any other team. In the end though he will be a better player for it. Going to play for a coach like Brent Sutter sure helps also.