Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats vs SC home & home

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Im not saying Sutter views any of our 95's as potential upgrades but then again maybe he does
    Look what he gave up to get Nogier. And then he brings in Bobyk from Spokane (a considerably better player IMO) a week later. If he makes Paddock any sort of similar deal, he'd be foolish not to jump at it.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Pats dude I have a question for you. Are we the (pats) a team, top 4 teams should beat on a regular basis? I ask because the top teams haven't beat us on a regular basis if at all. So I wonder what your point is about the top teams and who they are? If you don't consider us a top team, then the top teams shouldn't loose to us, but when we loose to lesser teams were not a top team. Hmmm that makes us a ?
    It doesn't take a very smart person to see we are not a legit top 4 team but not are we a door mat either. We are a good team but by no means are we a legit contender. Yes we have played well against the top teams this year, maybe playing a better opponent brings out our best compete level but we struggle to bring that compete game in and game out against other teams. We have lost to red deer calgary swift current kootaney this year we have beat edm BRN mh it just goes to show that we are a team that can play with the good teams but can also let things slip away just as fast.

I know your used to the old way of the Parker's being buyers every year and never having a team that can seriously contend for the league. Times change and this is a great time to sell, look at BRN when they sold Schenn they were 4th or 5th in the conference when they did basically where we are and look at their roster now from that deal.......
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl ex-regina pats goaltender Nick Schiender drops the gloves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyGzDwPpxY

Schiender should stick to stopping pucks instead of stopping fists, but kudos for him for adding some extra excitement as part of alittle line brawl in MH tonight

As I see it the backend will have no changes for pats unless ridiculous deal offered. I project 1 Dman added but depth chart will remain similiar.
    Upfront I see someone moved but carrot deal breaker. I think we have to be careful as the wrong player in could be cancer as this team seems united.

The 1997 I see teams interested in Wagner and Cole as package.

Reagan from outwest may be happy with a trade!

The 1996- anyone moveable and Brooks has the biggest value right now!
    Harrison- we need per depth chart.

The 1995- really don't think much movement unless plan changes and paddock can be guaranteed improvement.

20s- TBA pending GMS that think they are contenders.

Chemistry is part of success so see what deadline ticker outcome is soon.

Iconwhl

Wagner Cole Brooks WTH???

Not trying to be a douche here with this but....I see the Parker's have rubbed off on you over the last 20yrs of short term goals and never looking at the bigger picture and actually want to build a team to be proud of

Wagner Cole Brooks will NOT be moved, they are a group to build around with Steel as the center piece. I will go out on a limb and say every 95 is up for trade for the right price, I don't see us moving anymore then (2) 95's though but hey never know even if it means getting a 96 for a 95

LOL! Stick to which plan, Shooter?? Bighat's plan?? None of those players should be moved. The only one i cohld see is Reagan because of his performance this season, which now means jack as he has played two really strong games in a row and looks like the Reagan we saw coming out at the end of last season. 19's need to be trimmed for the future.

Iconwhl

Reagan has actually played very well these last few games even before the xmas break... maybe he is finally having confidence in his own game and seeing that the coaching staff is showing confidence in his game as well.

If Reagan can finally turn that corner and be the defenseman that we had hoped he would be when we drafted him it would be huge for our backend moving forward.

My plan is not trading youth off the roster for this year. It sure wouldn't be Wagner. I said to challenge we need 1 forward and 1 big dman and to do that we have prospects we can trade plus a select 19 year old. I have no problem with standing pat (lol) or trading away for picks and prospects, but we will not be a contender next either just remember that. Next year at this time we will be discussing should we trade hunt, gay, wappel. In 2 years we should contend with your guys game plan. If I was the gm I would make my moves this year and recoup next because the league is not that strong this year. Quote me on this "what ever paddock does I will be on his side and will be in my seat to watch, cheer, and ***** for years to come".

Iconwhl

all good bighat but also lets keep this in mind too that players get better returns when they are 19 compared to when they are 20... even top 20s don't fetch that great of a return due to the lack of teams truly interested as 19yr olds there is greater interest which raises prices.

GMs tend to look at 20yr olds now a days as players who are not good enough to make the pro job that alone drops their value. Luckily for us Hunt is going back into the draft this year and is finally getting some serious looks, once he is selected he wont have to be signed for 2yrs. Hunt will prob be a lot like Myles Bell as he didn't get selected til he was 19 as well.

I do think that Sutter in RD will make a pitch to get Hunt, his 20yr old situation isn't that strong for next season and Hunt would be an upgrade. Im not saying Paddock even views Hunt as being on the market but he would be foolish to not listen and at least see what Sutter would offer.

I truly cant wait til after Jan 10th so we can all stop talking about this trading stuff lmao we all have opinions on what we would like to happen and neither 1 is right or wrong the only opinion that truly matters is what Paddock thinks/does

Iconwhl

On Phil's blog....

The Pats have recalled Nathan Mortlack from Melville (SJHL)

Im guessing that means Harrison is out for abit with an injury.

Here is an interesting note with the Pats defense.... all 6 Dmen now with Mortlack back are all right handed shots.... the WHL site has Zborovskiy as a left handed shot but he is a right shot. Hilsendager and Harrison were our only left shots and they are both hurt now.