Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pats vs SC home & home

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Chopper great points made. You take control of team until Jan 10. Then back to Paddock.
    I've offered and they're taking it under advisement.

Listening to Andrews on the Sports Cage tonight he was queried by Scruffy about the action on the wires(trades). Andrews said that Paddock had told him things were hot and heating up more daily.

Having a couple d-men down makes the position of buyer less attractive, if in fact it ever was. While I believe we will move older assets, I have no idea what the configuration of the trades will look like. Sometimes one move morphs into several.

From this point the trade deadline comes and goes quickly.

as most think the Rocket are the class of the WHL . Look at what Sutter has done to the Red Deer Rebels .slowly picked player from other teams and now there are on a role . They mite be the team to beat now . I think the Pats mite have mist out on some good up and coming players .guess only time will tell.

A lot is key....but can only dress certain number. The stock is only good for so long! We need to send Kelly bottle of wine for new year....and get him to trade some guys as it seems they way he screwed other teams. He always get ace if sober!

Maybe John and Kelly can do up a deal!

I would look for a trade to the American division, they have some big players and we could use some size. I have a feeling a deal will be done before the weekend.

Iconwhl

I seen the comment about Dube and yes he would be very appealing to a lot of teams of they are selling their top guy to the Rockets but in very sure the Raiders tried to get him with Morrissey but Bruce Hamilton doesn't trade away 1st round picks or former 1st rounds at age 16 or 17 very often. That's why the rockets are a top team in the league year in and year out.

It's a waiting game right now for the first big swinger after xmas GM's I would suspect are just getting a feeling who is interested in their players and trying to see what is in the table coming to them from all involved. I'm sure Struch McMullin and Lang are working closely with Paddock right now in getting value on the table for their players if in fact they are on the market for sale.

I still feel strongly that the Ice and Pats will be having a dance together with a trade. They have the local talent and they will be buyers as they are still winning without Reinhart, if they add a piece or 2 they should secure 2nd in the central division. They will be in the market for another 20yr old as well as Verrtel just doesn't cut it when it comes to 20yr old in this league.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Carter Rigby has been suspended for his hit on Harrison - TBD under supplemental discipline at Regina on December 28.

Bruce hamilton rarely gives up 1st round picks. In fact I don't recall the last time he did. He builds through the draft and rarely makes trades of any consequence. He added Tvordon last season and called it a mistake. The Morrisey deal is his big play this year.

Calgary could be a partner and I think they want to contend. They traded Chase for Kanzig as opposed to going for young guys. Since Kanzig and Klimchuk are Calgary Flames property, it would be a fit. Draude and Melenstyn are names I like.

Kootenay have the like of Murray, Legien, and Zborosky which are all local and quite intriguing. Kootenay is really looking for a front line d-man which could mean the Pats might be talking to them.

There are teams out West that want to contend with Kelowna but are a distance behind. I think they would need to pick up two or three pieces to really contend. Regina has those pieces but will those teams pay the price. I think they might. A deal may be very soon!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    Carter Rigby has been suspended for his hit on Harrison - TBD under supplemental discipline at Regina on December 28.
    Be lucky if he gets 2 games for the hit but on the flip side at least their next couple games are against some very good opponent's where the Broncos could really use Ribgy
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Be lucky if he gets 2 games for the hit but on the flip side at least their next couple games are against some very good opponent's where the Broncos could really use Ribgy
    I agree maybe 2 or 3 games, and that whole process leaves me in the cold. We could lose a player for 5-10 games and the violator gets maybe 3 games. Hardly a case of the punishment fitting the crime. Yet Wagner gets two games for an iffy head hit, where the guy doesn't miss a shift? Yup the WHL sure gets it right.

Just read where leon Draisatl's Jr rights may have been traded to Kelowna. Didn't see that coming. Highly unlikely Hamilton would give a 1st round pick for Leon. PA and Kelowna seem to be trading partners like Brandon/Lethbridge were.

Default stats

Picked this out of the Calgary Sunday Sun

ON A ROLL

(Top records since Nov. 1)

Team GP W L OL Win%

Kootenay 21 17 4 0 .810

Regina 19 14 4 1 .763

Kelowna 23 16 5 2 .739

Brandon 20 13 4 3 .725

Portland 21 14 6 1 .690

Medicine Hat 22 14 7 1 .659

Red Deer 22 13 6 3 .659

Chopper: The owner of the Rockets says the Draisal (sp) talk is all talk and no action. It could have started because the Oilers picked up a player off waivers from Boston so need to move a player to make room.
    Last edited by RWAH; 12-30-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typos