Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to Red Deer? - Done Deal

So between the Nogier and Gay trades, Sutter got Gay, Nogier, and Adamson for McCarty, Leschysyn and swapping a fourth for a seventh pick. Good on him. Blades fans thought we raped the Rebels...even Woods was shaking his head. Then the Pats turn around and give it right back in an equally horrid trade on their part.

So to all the fans that wanted to sell instead of buy what did we accomplish: well we have less draft picks 1st round this year then not a 1st till 2018. We received 2 17yr olds that we're walk always, a unproven 15 yr old and a 7th round draft pick and maybe a 4th if I read this right. We lost 2/3 of our 1st line our best player and our top dman, all our leadership our captain and two assitants. Seems like a good day if you live in lethbridge.
    Can anyone out there think this has made this club stronger next year. I can see in 2 years but we are still lacking 18 yr olds. I guess getting sh&it pumped every nite till the end of the year will help the building process. I had no problem rebuilding but your in 2 place and you really never improved the future of the team.

Regina's future is looking really good for 2-3 years from now. This is how you build a Memorial cup contender. Rebels are going to have 1 and 2nd line forwards playing on their fourth line now. To bad we don't have some consistent goaltending.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    Regina's future is looking really good for 2-3 years from now. This is how you build a Memorial cup contender. Rebels are going to have 1 and 2nd line forwards playing on their fourth line now. To bad we don't have some consistent goaltending.
    Too bad we don't have some consistent goaltending? I think we have one of the very best, Wapple is very good but now he will be relied on even more so let's see how he handles it - assuming he's not traded too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnbang View Post
    Too bad we don't have some consistent goaltending? I think we have one of the very best, Wapple is very good but now he will be relied on even more so let's see how he handles it - assuming he's not traded too lol.
    I think they were meaning Red Deer's goaltending.

It looks like the Pats want to rebuild all in one day or year !!

We have all the same age category, he needed 18yr olds. In 2-3 years we will have 16 nineteen year olds on the team but you are rebuilding after that, which the good teams don't do they stagger their talent so there turnover is minimal.

Interesting.....

Joel Gasson
    ‏@JGasson_21
    John Paddock thinks he's done dealing. Wasn't going to let success change the plan for this team to always be in the playoffs going forward

Crash and Bang looks like you have insider information that others are jealous of. Good work Bob Mckenzies

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Crash and Bang looks like you have insider information that others are jealous of. Good work Bob Mckenzies
    I can't tell if your serious about this comment or if it's sarcasm.....
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/