Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to Red Deer? - Done Deal

Crash and Bang- are your serious or ****ing us over!

Iconwhl

He is serious on the rumoured trade..... Friesen was the first to report this and he has been bang in with our other 2 trades and on both accounts he said it the night before
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

No it makes sense.

the young forward* who is supposed to come back was the 6th overall last year. And ppg in midget right now. Basically we are swapping out first, for their 'first' which was the player already chosen and with an NHL bloodline to boot.

The second rounder and gay are for the other player coming our way. My bet is Polei. A big '96 forward who can improve offensively.

If that's what it is I like this deal a lot better the med hat deal.
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 01-05-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Iconwhl

Who's the young D cause Leschyshyn is a forward if I recall. If that is what the picks are for them I'm ok with that as well and turns out to be a great trade just a trade we don't see rewards from until next season is all
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Yeah. Unlike his dad he's a forward. Someone to play with Gardiner.

I wonder if swiftly have to make a quick decision to sell or buy as well now that both med hat, Bdn have upgraded. Swiftly are built for this season, and are outgunned so maybe should sell. I'd like heathrington in Bdn!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't think the phone GM calls are done yet!

The farm land has been sold but what about the equipment and oil wells.

I projected this a while back and bang on right now!

Paddock is a smart man and has a plan with his owners that is strategic but shocking to the Parker visionaries. Keep the ball rolling Johnny be good.

I'm sure you guys saw this by now:
    http://www.whl.ca/article/tigers-and...complete-trade

Do you guys think it helps or hinders your team???

I am not a good judge of talent but I think that all the coaches and the scouts are part of these deals and we are building for the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons and I will wait and see the results. It is a breath of fresh air that there is a plan and not the knee jerk reaction the Pats used in the past.
    Here's a night mare. if we trade Gay we have room for a 20 so we can move Wapple and recall McAuley "yuk"

Deal is Done.....

http://reginapats.com/article/pats-a...ct-from-rebels

Pats Acquire Top Prospect from Rebels

Jan 05, 2015 - 12:43 CST
    Written By: Regina Pats Staff,
    Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Sr. VP of Hockey Operations and Head Coach John Paddock announced today the team has acquired top prospect forward Jake Leschyshyn (’99) and a 2017 4th Round Bantam Draft pick in exchange for forward Connor Gay (’95), a 2016 1st Round pick, 2015 2nd Round pick and 2017 7th Round pick. John Paddock will be available to speak with the media at 2:30 p.m. in the Media/VIP room in the lower level of the Brandt Centre.

Jake Leschyshyn (5’10”, 167 lbs) was the Rebels’ 6th Overall selection in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. In his draft year, Leschyshyn posted 59 points (31G, 28A) in 31 games with the Saskatoon Stallions of the SBAAHL and in nine games with the SMAAAHL’s Saskatoon Blazers, had 6 points (2G, 4A). In his first year playing Midget AAA full time, Leschyshyn has 24 points (10G, 14A) in 25 games with the Blazers. The son of former NHL’er Curtis Leschyshyn, Jake will be a member of Team Saskatchewan at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in Prince George February 21st-March 5th.

“In Jake we’re getting an outstanding young player taken 6th overall in the Bantam Draft last year,” said John Paddock. “He has a great hockey pedigree and fits in with the time-frame of us molding a team for the future. Having already added two 17 year olds sitting a year older than the 1998 age group, we’ve now add premiere player to our crop of prospects.”

Connor Gay was a list player of the Pats who went on to make his debut in the 2012-13 season. He went on to play 135 games for the Blue and White while registering 92 points (40G, 52A). After totaling four points in his 17 year old season, Gay broke out for 43 points (19G, 24A) last season and has already surpassed that mark with 44 points (20G, 24A) in 39 games this year. Connor has been an active member in the community Pats and was an exemplary ambassador for the Pats around Regina in his three years wearing the Blue and White.

“In a short time coaching Connor, I can’t say enough about his play, leadership and attitude,” continued Paddock. “We’ll miss him in Regina and we wish him the best in Red Deer. In the end it was a deal we couldn’t refuse as we look to the future.”

The Pats are back on the ice Wednesday night against the Everett Silvertips in a 7:00 p.m. puck drop. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster.ca, the Brandt Centre Box Office and Safeway locations throughout Regina.