Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Gay to Red Deer? - Done Deal

No not implying anything just what I was told from a very reliable source, maybe after they get to know your son they'll like him.

Iconwhl

Your source that's funny.... You've been saying all year about things happening burner never once did they happen. Your source sounds like a 12yr old son/grandson who has been playing too much NHL on his gaming console telling you what trades he pulled off and that they could happen in real life to since they happened in a video game.

My offer still stands of buying your season tickets for $20 and donating them to big brothers. But just as I thought you were not really serious about it just flapping your mouth
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Hockey Dudes: :

Lets just regroup and move forward the past is DONE and 4 DAYS Remaining.

John and staff is in charge of hockey operations. Its a new day and I know Mr. Paddock reported this is hard on everyone and obvious some guys are worked up here as well!

Come to game and have 6-8 large beer tonight and I'm sure you will be ok.

All of us likely have a family member who is struggling health wise with cancer etc. and you think your having a bad day? Life is good!

All players are upset of course on any teammate moving on from either teams involved NOT just in Regina its a business and were not swapping girlfriends for night this is likely 3 months to 3. 5 years for guys.

#99 in Edmonton was even moved a while back tears and joy....maybe tears today again! McDavid bound and joy soon.

WHL drafts and prospects - I think many guys get caught up in WHL DRAFT. At age 14 lots of uncertainty on a lot of players development. attitude, and drive.

Detroit Redwings built a MACHINE and they find players with speed, hockey intelligence, puck management and compete level with intensity. I think they were projected to be a write-off this season? How they doing?

Iconchl

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

John and staff is in charge of hockey operations. Its a new day and I know Mr. Paddock reported this is hard on everyone and obvious some guys are worked up here as well!

All of us likely have a family member who is struggling health wise with cancer etc. and you think your having a bad day? Life is good!

All players are upset of course on any teammate moving on from either teams involved NOT just in Regina its a business and were not swapping girlfriends for night this is likely 3 months to 3. 5 years for guys.

#99 in Edmonton was even moved a while back tears and joy....maybe tears today again! McDavid bound and joy soon.

WHL drafts and prospects - I think many guys get caught up in WHL DRAFT. At age 14 lots of uncertainty on a lot of players development. attitude, and drive.

Detroit Redwings built a MACHINE and they find players with speed, hockey intelligence, puck management and compete level with intensity. I think they were projected to be a write-off this season? How they doing?
    Totally agree about too much concern about draft picks - after all Hunt and Gay were both list palyers (not even drafted, correct?). There are lots of guys out there, you need to find them and/or they need to want to come into a solid organization heading in the right direction which is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

Good points shooter.

I would like to get some more information on the girlfriend swapping thing if you don't mind. Can we do that?…………where do I sign up I knew something good would come out of this site..LOL AND it's weeny Wednesday….it just gets better and better

I didn't think that they would be this active, but did expect that they would sell off some assets. If the Pats had done nothing, people would be pissed. They have made a commitment for the future. Is that such a bad thing?

I re-evaluated why I bought tickets this year. It was to watch Sam Steel (and the younger guys) grow. I am still going to get to do that. The success the Pats have had this year was totally unexpected by me.

I don't think the trading is done in the Eastern division. I suspect that in order to be in full rebuild mode, PA might have a few moves left. Kootney has yet to join the party. Bandon and MH are substantially better, is Kootney going to compete?

At the end of the process, Regina is still a better team than MJ, PA, Saskatoon and Lethbridge.

We, as fans, have enjoyed the progress of Wagner, Harrison, Brooks, Steel and Hilsendager. Cole, Smith, McAmmond and Kroeker need more icetime (and have probably earned it). Now we get to watch the growth of Gabrielle, Krushen and Hobbs. And I think that after Pats fans get to watch Cooper game in and game out, you will really fall in love with the guy and what he will bring to the team.

Everybody has talked about sources, well I have a dude in the high level hockey sources. He has stated in his mind, Hobbs is the best 17 year old defensemen from Saskatchewan. He has also said that Jake Leschyshyn is a Grade A prospect. He has indicated that it is not 'if' he will become a WHL star, but 'when' he becomes a star.

Klimchuck, Burroughs and Hunt went to teams with a legitimate shot this year. Gay went to a team that will play in the Memorial Cup next year. Reagan went to a team that he will get a fresh start. I think that Paddock has done a service to these players.

I agree that if the Pats met Brandon or MH in a 7 game series, I can't see them being successful. I understand that upsets happen, but you can't sell your future for a chance of an upset. We knew at the beginning of the year, they were going to try to build a team around Steel, good on the Management (and Paddock) for having a plan and sticking with it.

I am going to go to the game tonight with an open mind. And as always, hope that I get to watch a good hockey game.....

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    I didn't think that they would be this active, but did expect that they would sell off some assets. If the Pats had done nothing, people would be pissed. They have made a commitment for the future. Is that such a bad thing?

I re-evaluated why I bought tickets this year. It was to watch Sam Steel (and the younger guys) grow. I am still going to get to do that. The success the Pats have had this year was totally unexpected by me.

I don't think the trading is done in the Eastern division. I suspect that in order to be in full rebuild mode, PA might have a few moves left. Kootney has yet to join the party. Bandon and MH are substantially better, is Kootney going to compete?

At the end of the process, Regina is still a better team than MJ, PA, Saskatoon and Lethbridge.

We, as fans, have enjoyed the progress of Wagner, Harrison, Brooks, Steel and Hilsendager. Cole, Smith, McAmmond and Kroeker need more icetime (and have probably earned it). Now we get to watch the growth of Gabrielle, Krushen and Hobbs. And I think that after Pats fans get to watch Cooper game in and game out, you will really fall in love with the guy and what he will bring to the team.

Everybody has talked about sources, well I have a dude in the high level hockey sources. He has stated in his mind, Hobbs is the best 17 year old defensemen from Saskatchewan. He has also said that Jake Leschyshyn is a Grade A prospect. He has indicated that it is not 'if' he will become a WHL star, but 'when' he becomes a star.

Klimchuck, Burroughs and Hunt went to teams with a legitimate shot this year. Gay went to a team that will play in the Memorial Cup next year. Reagan went to a team that he will get a fresh start. I think that Paddock has done a service to these players.

I agree that if the Pats met Brandon or MH in a 7 game series, I can't see them being successful. I understand that upsets happen, but you can't sell your future for a chance of an upset. We knew at the beginning of the year, they were going to try to build a team around Steel, good on the Management (and Paddock) for having a plan and sticking with it.

I am going to go to the game tonight with an open mind. And as always, hope that I get to watch a good hockey game.....
    I enjoyed this post. As a wheatie fan, I'd be interested to hear what your hockey contact thinks of Nolan Patrick, stelio Mattheos and the young bellerieve when your talking to him next time, thanks!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Witness Great points.....nice to see your positive feedback.

Lets bring the Riders fans out to a few games I had tickets all year and was pissed but very good entertainment even freezing my ass.

, I'd be interested to hear what your hockey contact thinks of Nolan Patrick, stelio Mattheos and the young bellerieve when your talking to him next time, thanks!
    Have only talked to him about Patrick. He thinks that Patrick is going to be one of those players (like a Getzlaf sp??) that will be a better pro than a WHL player.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    I think Kootaney will be in talks with PA with 1 of those 19yr old Dmen they got. Maybe even Lange as a 20yr old would be considered by the Ice since they lost Tanner Faith for the rest of the year just the other day. Kootenay always seems to be a team that trades during the final hours of trade deadline though.

Sadly I don't get to go to the Pats game tonight need to finish up this damn snow hauling. I love snow as it brings money but damn it I hate it when I got to miss Pats games for work
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/