Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

I need to create a new thread that chronicals the 'best of' transaction lineage of the Hurricanes.
    Start with a high second round pick being used on Leverton who is traded for Meyer who leaves team and is no longer in the WHL.
    Follow that up with developing Hackman for 2.5 years and giving up on him for a 12th rounder.
    Then use the third overall import pick in a player that lasts 3 months before he is released.
    Then trade Henry for Foulk and a year later release Foulk outright meanwhile Henry fetches a 2nd rounder for Saskatoon.
    Then turn a second rounder into Olynek who doesn't produce and then trade Olynek for Walkertime who can't score a goal to save his life.
    Then use a second rounder on Plotnikoff who doesn't play a game for the team.
    Then trade Braes for a first rounder and use that first rounder on a head case name Lenchyshyn who never plays a game for the Canes.
    Then use a 5th overall on Duke who they then fail at developing and then trade Duke for three players that don't belong in the dub.
    I could go on and on.....any wonder that they don't have any pieces left to build around. This is HOF awful stuff the past 6 years.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    Really disappointed with this trade. A 12th rounder for the Dman who was named our top Defenceman last year? Really?? Lenny was always the guy that never made any big moves, but never made any big mistakes. Shame he wasn't a little bigger... Kootenay stole this trade. Good luck steady Lenny, we'll miss you here.
    Here's what Jeff Chynoweth had to say about Lenny Hackman:

“Our goal heading into the WHL Trade Deadline was to add depth to our defense corps and we are happy to add a player with Lenny Hackman's experience and work ethic to our lineup. He is an excellent skater who we are anticipating will play some key minutes on our blue line,” added Chynoweth.

Can play "key minutes" for the Kooteney Ice but not good enough for the Lethbridge Hurricanes??? WOW So glad for Lenny sounds like they really believe in him!!! Good luck Lenny, glad at least a few players (Sheen, Foulk, Hackman) were able to find teams that actually believe in our discarded players and are willing to give them such great opportunities!!!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Hackman is not very good on the ice, although according to many fans a good guy off the ice so I will take their word for it, so I guess anything for him is a bonus but seems odd from both sides as mentioned a 12th round pick is basically useless and Hackman is useless so a lose-lose trade it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    I need to create a new thread that chronicals the 'best of' transaction lineage of the Hurricanes.
    Start with a high second round pick being used on Leverton who is traded for Meyer who leaves team and is no longer in the WHL.
    Follow that up with developing Hackman for 2.5 years and giving up on him for a 12th rounder.
    Then use the third overall import pick in a player that lasts 3 months before he is released.
    Then trade Henry for Foulk and a year later release Foulk outright meanwhile Henry fetches a 2nd rounder for Saskatoon.
    Then turn a second rounder into Olynek who doesn't produce and then trade Olynek for Walkertime who can't score a goal to save his life.
    Then trade Braes for a first rounder and use that first rounder on a head case name Lenchyshyn who never plays a game for the Canes.
    Then use a 5th overall on Duke who they then fail at developing and then trade Duke for three players that don't belong in the dub.
    I could go on and on.....any wonder that they don't have any pieces left to build around. This is HOF awful stuff the past 6 years.
    Now we can add 19 games of ZRX for a 3rd rounder. How does this franchise even ice a team at this point?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Now we can add 19 games of ZRX for a 3rd rounder. How does this franchise even ice a team at this point?
    INSANITY = "Doing the same thing over and over and over, hoping for a different result" - Albert Einstein

The continuing saga...
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    Here's what Jeff Chynoweth had to say about Lenny Hackman:

“Our goal heading into the WHL Trade Deadline was to add depth to our defense corps and we are happy to add a player with Lenny Hackman's experience and work ethic to our lineup. He is an excellent skater who we are anticipating will play some key minutes on our blue line,” added Chynoweth.

Can play "key minutes" for the Kooteney Ice but not good enough for the Lethbridge Hurricanes??? WOW So glad for Lenny sounds like they really believe in him!!! Good luck Lenny, glad at least a few players (Sheen, Foulk, Hackman) were able to find teams that actually believe in our discarded players and are willing to give them such great opportunities!!!
    I HATE that I may actually somewhat kinda agree with Moon ( just threw up in my mouth a little), but reality of Lenny Hackman is that he is a decent kid, who worked hard, never complained and was a good citizen off the ice. The other reality was that he is undersized, no offensive upside for a smaller D man, and was not going to be a valuable 20 year old next year. Anholt has been consistent in his message that the Canes need to get bigger. Lenny wasn't playing, likely wasn't going to play under Anholt, so really he did him a tremendous favor getting him to the Ice for what is likely going to be his final year in the league. I don't think anyone said he wasn't good enough for this team , but give Anholt at least the credit of letting Lenny finish with a good team / organization.

I could never figure out and hated that trade for ZRX. A really high 3rd round pick for an 18 year old goalie who had not played 1 second in the WHL. While seemingly a somewhat insignificant trade, to me it was one of the trades that made me really think Robson was clueless.

This new trade of a 7th rounder for a goalie that has at least played 10 games in the WHL and has a SP of .921 is about the right price. ZRX was worth less than Sittler is so a 10th round pick would have been about right for ZRX.

There was also a conditional 4th round pick paid for ZRX. I wonder if the condition was that if was he was on the Canes roster after Jan 10 2015 the pick went to the Hat? That could be why he was let go today.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default brutal.............

the only good thing about robson is that he is gone......wonder who else get moved before tomorrow, hoping Watson........
    Last edited by shushu; 01-08-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Really good post Bo but you forgot about giving away Erkamps in the Duke trade. I don't blame you though given how many good players Robson traded away for 2 nickels and some peanuts. I believe Erkamps was a high 2nd round pick originally and he was great as a 16 year old, but was ruined by the Canes coaching, like so many other kids.

As an aside, I checked Erkamps' stats and one thing just blew me away. His +/- with the Canes last year was an abhorrent minus 65. With Brandon this year his +/- is a plus 19 in just 37 games, which would work out to plus 39 for a 72 game season. That is a +/- turn around of 104.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-09-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Really good post Bo but you forgot about giving away Erkamps in the Duke trade. I don't blame you though given how many good players Robson traded away for 2 nickels and some peanuts. I believe Erkamps was a high 2nd round pick originally and he was great as a 16 year old, but was ruined by the Canes coaching, like so many other kids.

As an aside, I checked Erkamps' stats and one thing just blew me away. His +/- with the Canes last year was an abhorrent minus 65. With Brandon this year his +/- is a plus 19 in just 37 games, which would work out to plus 39 for a 72 game season. That is a +/- turn around of 104.
    Honestly, I could have went on and on.....
    Anyway, nice to see Estephan with 12 points in 10 games since December began.hopegully he is figuring it out with the changes in the hockey staff.