Thread: 2015 & 2016 Drafts

Hybrid View

Default 2015 & 2016 Drafts

What draft picks do the Pats have in first 3 rounds in the 2015 & 2016 Bantam drafts?
    I thought I read that Paddock said he had nothing to offer in the form of picks if he wanted to make a run for it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    What draft picks do the Pats have in first 3 rounds in the 2015 & 2016 Bantam drafts?
    I thought I read that Paddock said he had nothing to offer in the form of picks if he wanted to make a run for it this year.
    2015 Draft:
    1st Rnd = 1 pick
    2nd Rnd = 0 picks
    3rd Rnd = 2 picks

2016 Draft:
    1st Rnd = 0 picks
    2nd Rnd = 1 pick
    3rd Rnd = 0 picks

If you go to Alan Caldwells Blog "Small Thoughts At Large" there is a post about traded picks and a spreadsheet showing all the teams and their draft status.

The net from yesterday is that we got back a 2nd and 3rd round pick in the Burroughs/Hunt deal. We then traded a 1st round pick to RD in the Gay deal. So the net result is we recovered 1 pick.

The thing as i see it is that Leschshyn won't do much for Red Deer next year in their Memorial Cup year. They will get that pick back in 2016 when they are beginning their reload. Probably a top 10-12 pick. In the mean time they get Gay for this year and next PLUS a 2nd round pick. I guess that's the price for flipping 1st round picks. There were a flip of 7th and 4th round picks in 2017 but that's irrelevant.

Drasital for 2 players and a 1st and kelowna never trades away there 1st round picks. We should have waited oh well it's done, were done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Drasital for 2 players and a 1st and kelowna never trades away there 1st round picks. We should have waited oh well it's done, were done.
    PA also got two 4th round picks. So 2 players, 1st round, 2-4th rounds.

Saskatoon got a 1st round, and 4th Round 2013 draft pick for Forsber+3rd round+4th round. Saskatoon got kings ransom for Forsberg who doesn't come close to bringing what either Gay, Hunt or Burroughs did. Unfortunately we didn't get a 1st rounder in any deal but in fact gave one up in the Gay deal. Some very interesting trades indeed.