Thread: Forsberg traded to Victoria

Default Forsberg traded to Victoria

For a prospect ( 98 forward Brayden Dunn) and a 2017 first round pick. Nice return. Don't know anything about Dunn but the first round pick in 17 is sweet.

I posted to quick, we also sent a 3rd round pick in 2015, and a 4th round pick in 2016 to Victoria as a part of the deal.
    Last edited by curwie; 01-06-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Iconwhl

That 1st round pick is 3 drafts away (15/16/17) and is 5years away from playing that is if he doesn't commit to the NCAA. But kudos for the Blades for turning Forsberg a player who played Jr. A last year into a 1st rd pick.

As for Dunn he is 16yrs old former 4th rd pick and doesn't appear in any of the top 30 stats for the AMHL, im thinking just another body for competition come training camp. But taking a chance on him that maybe just maybe he puts it together during his 17 or 18 year old year.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    That 1st round pick is 3 drafts away (15/16/17) and is 5years away from playing that is if he doesn't commit to the NCAA. But kudos for the Blades for turning Forsberg a player who played Jr. A last year into a 1st rd pick.

As for Dunn he is 16yrs old former 4th rd pick and doesn't appear in any of the top 30 stats for the AMHL, im thinking just another body for competition come training camp. But taking a chance on him that maybe just maybe he puts it together during his 17 or 18 year old year.
    Actually Forsberg played Jr A 2 seasons ago after he already played 31 games that year(2012-2013)with Prince George.He played 44 games last year(2013-2014) for the Prince George as well .But your are right about the pick being 5yrs away unless its used to mabey get Sam Steel from the Pats (Ha ha)Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uknownothing View Post
    Actually Forsberg played Jr A 2 seasons ago after he already played 31 games that year(2012-2013)with Prince George.He played 44 games last year(2013-2014) for the Prince George as well .But your are right about the pick being 5yrs away unless its used to mabey get Sam Steel from the Pats (Ha ha)Lol
    I will take the pick no matter how far away it is. As long as we're going in the right direction with the rebuild I'm happy. I would guess it's likely that we move 2 or 3 of the 1st round picks for some quality prospects.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Uknownothing View Post
    yes your right my bad I got the years mixed up
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

At least the blades got a 1st round pick.

This trade makes sense. Sloboshan shouldn't be the 4th line centre. Hebig's gonna centre the 2nd line with Graham. Stovin(if he stays) centres zajac & Uhrich. Wyatt moves up to top line & get the minutes to develop. Gives the younger guys more time too, probably Gingras a chance to play 4th line centre every game.

I wish we could have got Martin from Swift. Always liked his game.......but being 18 & drafted, would just get moved next yr!

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post

What's the NCAA got to do with it? If you have any common sense, you make sure the player you take in the first round is committed to playing major junior. Or you wait and take a flyer on him in a later round. And yes, you guys did take Schioler too early. Hope it works out for you.

Any talk of Dunn or the other draft picks are moot. In less than a year, the Blades used Forsberg to parlay a 5'9" 165lb center with four games in the league (who's in and out of PG's line up) and a conditional 3rd round pick into a first round pick in the heart of their rebuild. There is no bad spin on that deal.

This was a good deal, yeah they basically traded Hopkins and a couple picks for Dunn and a 1st. Not a bad deal.

Dunno anything bout Dunn so it'll be interesting to watch him at camp next fall and see how he looks then. Not worried bout him not being a top 30 scorer in the AMHL. Never know, could be late bloomer. Could also be a checking type forward. Still need those in the league.

There's no doubt the Blades will miss Forsberg, he was havin a good season but the Blades are obviously trying to recoup picks and trying to get some prospects. Going to take another season though but should be improved next year.