Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow Blades get Brycen Martin

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Flipping Henry for a 2nd round pick was huge. If the 97 draft were held again today do you think Ottenbreit goes in the second round? I'm quite happy with the return we got from Turner Ottenbriet now that we flipped Henry.
    Well IMHO why would I turn a player no matter what round I got him in, that has tons of potential and talent, and turn him into a 2nd round pick that is totally unknown? Maybe if I was winning MC's every 5 years or so, but not when I haven't won even a league championship in like forever. An NHL scout who is a friend of mine said Ottenbreit is head and shoulders above what Nogier has ever been, and younger to boot. Bottom line is we don't know what this 2nd pick will turn out to be, but we do know what we gave up for him. Will be interesting to come back to this trade and draft pick in the future as see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Well IMHO why would I turn a player no matter what round I got him in, that has tons of potential and talent, and turn him into a 2nd round pick that is totally unknown? Maybe if I was winning MC's every 5 years or so, but not when I haven't won even a league championship in like forever. An NHL scout who is a friend of mine said Ottenbreit is head and shoulders above what Nogier has ever been, and younger to boot. Bottom line is we don't know what this 2nd pick will turn out to be, but we do know what we gave up for him. Will be interesting to come back to this trade and draft pick in the future as see how it turns out.
    Fair point. Can't say I disagree with it at all.