Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Second half

Default Second half

Not much is being said on this forum as of late. I really like the trades the Broncos made I think Thompson for martin will be a decent trade. The effort level has been getting better as of late. Merkley has been non existent since he had mono. Scared to take a hit or make a play. I think our top six has the potential to be as good as anyone. It'll be up to our bottom six and bow to see how far we go come playoff time. Let's hear what everyone else has to say.

2nd half has been terrible, Thompson looked brutal last night. This team is going no where fast and it looks even scarier for next season when you look at what will be left.

Any word on Nikkel?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonboy View Post
    Any word on Nikkel?
    Injury or play?

Not sure about the injury, radio guys said looked like a hyper extended elbow, hopefully he isn't out too long.

Play has been OK, he hasn't snapped too many times lol

I don't agree with you on Thomson. I thought he's looked decent defensively and way better offensively then Martin ever did. He also has barely practiced with the team. Give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by 2,5,andagame View Post
    Injury or play?

Not sure about the injury, radio guys said looked like a hyper extended elbow, hopefully he isn't out too long.

Play has been OK, he hasn't snapped too many times lol
    Injury? Had a friend send me the video of the fight from another site and it looked like the linesman nearly broke his arm pulling him down in the fight.

The Lamb era is pretty pathetic. Not sure what the higher ups in Swift are thinking. Maybe squeak into the playoffs and be eliminated first round is good enough apparently? Wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    Not much is being said on this forum as of late. I really like the trades the Broncos made I think Thompson for martin will be a decent trade. The effort level has been getting better as of late. Merkley has been non existent since he had mono. Scared to take a hit or make a play. I think our top six has the potential to be as good as anyone. It'll be up to our bottom six and bow to see how far we go come playoff time. Let's hear what everyone else has to say.
    I think with a little more commitment to defense and Swift could be a force. All the pieces are there and Bow in my opinion is an incredible goalie.

They need to step it up in the second half, this is a team that has not played with a lead since December 27, and hasn't scored first since prior to Christmas.

The reality is this is a very top heavy team. The top six forwards are good, they just have trouble creating offence for themselves. Now the bottom six... I like Leth more lately, and Steenbergen is vastly underutilized. However when our third line is out there (McKay, Lessan, however) I am happy if the can have some offensive zone time. That is a weak third line. We need to start winning more shifts with the bottom six to have success.

The D is top heavy, Thomson isn't great but I can see how he fills the void. However Nikkel tends to underwhelm, I like Foulk more... I like Scissons the most for a bottom six pairing, but that's a different story.

We have a tender, and our top ten players are good. If they get all hands on deck with more help throughout the lineup I still think the original goal of home ice is there. However if they don't, when do you start looking behind you?

I say we live for the moment, because next year... Its not

The Lamb era has always been the same, Start the year close to the top and start the slide after the new year and end up low in the standings.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!