Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Second half

Iconcup Nikkel and Lamb ... forget the mint sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    They need to step it up in the second half, this is a team that has not played with a lead since December 27, and hasn't scored first since prior to Christmas.

The reality is this is a very top heavy team. The top six forwards are good, they just have trouble creating offence for themselves. Now the bottom six... I like Leth more lately, and Steenbergen is vastly underutilized. However when our third line is out there (McKay, Lessan, however) I am happy if the can have some offensive zone time. That is a weak third line. We need to start winning more shifts with the bottom six to have success.

The D is top heavy, Thomson isn't great but I can see how he fills the void. However Nikkel tends to underwhelm, I like Foulk more... I like Scissons the most for a bottom six pairing, but that's a different story.

We have a tender, and our top ten players are good. If they get all hands on deck with more help throughout the lineup I still think the original goal of home ice is there. However if they don't, when do you start looking behind you?

I say we live for the moment, because next year... Its not
    You gotta love Nikkel over the past couple of weeks. Nothing but on the plus side of the column and even chipped in a goal last game. Plus the obvious threat of his killing someone with or without provocation is always a distraction and concern for the opposition ala Dave (Charlie) Manson and Jason Arnott before that idiot moron Ted Green ruined the latter.
    Mark Lamb isn't putting out Nikkel to start games for recreational purposes. The kid sets the tone and gives the Broncos a lift. It might also be noted that should Mark Lamb became available he would be on a very short list to succeed Bruno Campese in PA at the end of this season.

Default Broncos are in a slump

I sure hope the Broncos can find a way to get playing as a team again soon because they will have a quick exit in the playoffs the way they are currently playing. It's a shame because of how many veteran players we have that don't play as veterans should. Our coach seems to not be able to get a team to play consistently well for him and that happens each year. confused:

Default Warkentine

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is going on with Warkentine. The stats say he has only played 10 games since being traded. Is this for real? Is he injured? Is he a healthy scratch virtually every game? If that is the case I am surprised he is still in Swift and not playing for the AJHL or SJHL. Does anyone have any insight? We actually saw some potential when he was in Lethbridge.

Sad truth is our coach is clueless and has this team heading straight into the crapper. First round sweep if we even make the postseason. Then the higher ups will reward him again and again for being awful. It really is pathetic.

You forget that you guys will most likely be playing the Regina Pats in the playoffs. If there's one team you match up well with, it's Regina (unfortunately for me as a Pats fan).

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is going on with Warkentine. The stats say he has only played 10 games since being traded. Is this for real? Is he injured? Is he a healthy scratch virtually every game? If that is the case I am surprised he is still in Swift and not playing for the AJHL or SJHL. Does anyone have any insight? We actually saw some potential when he was in Lethbridge.
    Not sure what is going on with him, but he isn't playing, I haven't heard anything about an injury. The few games he has been in, he is on the fourth line, which sees very little ice time. The media sucks here & won't question Lamb on anything, they only try to put lipstick on a pig, I won't hold my breath for an answer from them.

Quite the streak the boys are on LOL. What a joke. Theres no way we are this bad with that line-up. Hope this will be enough to skid the coach. Couldn't agree more on the media around here. If you follow Mullin or the Broncos on Twitter you would swear we are in first place on a 20 game win streak. Sad really.

The biggest reason for the collapse is that Lamb only plays 2 lines right from the first game of the season.Colby Cave plays the most minutes out of any forward in the league,its no wonder the team is collapsing .The other night when Dixon coached the 4th line played 0 minutes(that's right no shifts).

Martin for Thompson trade was forced but a definite loss, Harris although no superstar was ok and could play 12-14 minutes a game.Landon Bow has been overplayed and hasn't been as effective the 2nd half,Childs is a decent young goalie.

Default Deja Vu

The same thing happens to our team each year, we start out strong and diminish as other teams get better.
    Mullin's an arrogant person who is too stuck up to say hi to anyone other than people he esteems in the hockey world.
    If missing the playoffs would mean a change behind the bench then lets miss the playoffs so the board can search for someone who can lead this team deep into the playoffs in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Century Fan View Post
    The same thing happens to our team each year, we start out strong and diminish as other teams get better.
    Mullin's an arrogant person who is too stuck up to say hi to anyone other than people he esteems in the hockey world.
    If missing the playoffs would mean a change behind the bench then lets miss the playoffs so the board can search for someone who can lead this team deep into the playoffs in a few years.
    If people think I'm too rose coloured glasses about the team fair enough. I'm hardly the only play by play guy to get that accusation. I am around these guys all year and I want them to succeed so I understand someone saying that.

But I'm sorry to hear you think that I am stuck up and arrogant. It's almost always a bad idea to reply to internet comments about you but I hate that you got that impression. I don't ever intentionally ignore anyone and if you've ever felt like I have done that to you my apologies.

I have no allusions about being at all important. I just do a job that is certainly less important than many or most. It's something I love to do but not something I think qualifies me to be arrogant about anything. I don't save lives. I've never played the game at a high level. I have an opinion... that doesn't mean it's more valid than anyone else's even if I am stubborn about it. Most of my friends have nothing to do with hockey outside of maybe being fans like I am. I'm not running around with some posse of hockey people and I've hardly ever even socialized outside of work with any people who are higher up in the game.

Obviously I left that bad impression somehow and that's my responsibility. It's the last thing I'd want to do.

I don't know who you are Quarter Century Fan but if I was rude to you one time or more than once I'm sorry. That's not something I would do intentionally.
    Last edited by shawnmullin; 03-11-2015 at 09:26 AM.