Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reid Gow

Default Reid Gow

For someone who had been playing CIS hockey, you would think he would be a lot better at both ends of the ice.

It's been the complete contrary, and in fact, Gow is behind the play all the time, caught pinching, getting beat and is sitting at a -6 in 3 games. I would have rather seen Taraschuk or Matsuba on the backend than Gow at this point. At the time of the trade, I thought this was a solid addition, and maybe it still will be, but right now, Gow better find his game, cause he's been a hindrance to the team in his initial 3 games. For someone who wished to be a Wheat King his whole life, he better start giving a ****.

Surprised he didn't get a game off by the league for the crosscheck to the back of the head of Evan Polei in the Red Deer game. Must be the only recourse that players have in CIS with the full cages, but he sure got taken to task for it.

Default Gow

Chicken **** play, but he didn't look any worse for wear after the fight. Polei is a better fighter, but I'll bet his hands are some sore from hitting the shield and helmet of Gow. And yes he has been awful the last 2 games. Seems too slow for the WHL. Makes me wonder if he's out of shape, because he had very good points and plus/minus in Spokane. He had better pick up his okay in the next few games or he'll be playing rec hockey at home.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-11-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Surprised he didn't get a game off by the league for the crosscheck to the back of the head of Evan Polei in the Red Deer game. Must be the only recourse that players have in CIS with the full cages, but he sure got taken to task for it.
    Obviously you have never been to a CIS game. CIS does not wear full cages.

Okay, also speculating, what actually is the injury to Clague? Is he close to returning, and when he does, what happens to the blueline?

Roy
    Erkamps
    Taraschuk
    Gow
    Pilon
    Provorov
    Matsuba
    Waltz
    Clague

When healthy you can't sit Clague, so does one of Matsuba/Taraschuk get reassigned and Roy move for forward? Also, I think Shmyr has earned more playing time and should be a player amongst the top 6, not on the 4th line.

Also is Gow an experiment or is he in Brandon for the season? He just needs to bring more and having watched the last few games, he's been a disappointment, whereas Taraschuk has been so reliable. You hate to make these kids sit.

I think McCrimmon will give him some time to adjust and hopefully he does adjust cause he hasn't looked to good in his first few games. It is really to bad we couldn't have picked up someone a little more reliable for the back end at the deadline but from the sounds of it not many teams are willing to deal with McCrimmon anymore. On a good note though with no one being moved it leaves us a pretty good core to take a run next season. With some small upgrades we could be a force. A good starting goalie and a little more grit in the enforcing department and a big stalwart of a defenceman and we could be unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Torro View Post
    Obviously you have never been to a CIS game. CIS does not wear full cages.
    I have, but it has been a while! I am thinking of NCAA hockey.

Keep in mind that when Gow was picked up he hadn't played a game since November 29th, likely going to take him some time to get back up to speed, acclimated to a new team, city, billets, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Keep in mind that when Gow was picked up he hadn't played a game since November 29th, likely going to take him some time to get back up to speed, acclimated to a new team, city, billets, etc. etc.
    Pretty much this. You don't see a lot of talk about Klimchuck cause he comes highly rated but he really hasn't looked that good. But I would atribute that to everything being new. These guys will adjust

What is Clague out with? Concussion?