Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: another sad season over with

Thumbs down another sad season over with

Cant see the BOD making any changes as Taylor and Millar have them thnking this team is on the right path. I would guess we will be in the same spot next year. Hopefully they trade Point for as much as possible and put some talent around howden sawchenko willms perrilat . Points career here was a waste thanks to Millar. next year replacing rodewald eberle points and leadership will be tough.
    GO WARRIORS GO

At the end of the day, the team was not deep enough. With two 20 year olds hurt, that left one line that could be productive. Rodenwald and Point did the best they could, but it wasn't enough.

Too bad. I was pulling for the Warriors. I love watching Point play. But, I think you are right. Changes need to happen and they have to start at the top.

I was hoping Bdn would have got Point this last trade deadline, for the quenneville brothers, or even Mattheos, because Bdn would have got 1.5 seasons out of Point. The guy has unbelievable heart, can't help but admire him.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Next season it will be interesting to see where Point ends up. Hes a heart and soul type player and dominates game in and game out. He will be hands down the best player in the entire WHL next season there is even some very strong arguments for that this season.

Moose Jaw failed to put any strong talent around him and they need to trade Point for some talented players to build around Howden, it cant happen again in Moose Jaw. The only tough part with that is even building a strong team lead by Howden makes it still tough to be a top team in the division cause of how BRN & REG have built their teams for the years to come. Having a 3rd strong team in the division though in the next few years would make for amazing hockey for us fans to watch though.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

5. Default

My guess is Point ends up in Red Deer by January 10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by WesternHockeyScout View Post
    My guess is Point ends up in Red Deer by January 10/2016
    Red deer doesn't have the prospects, picks and or depth to get him I don't think. They pretty much blew their load already. Brandon on the other hand could offer a far better package.

Red Deer has plenty of picks. Sutter stocked piled at the deadline. They have a couple of 1st rounders in 2016. I think that would help get Point.

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Red Deer has plenty of picks. Sutter stocked piled at the deadline. They have a couple of 1st rounders in 2016. I think that would help get Point.
    I wouldn't think MJ is going to want picks though. They're going to want guys that are ready to play to build around Howden.

RD certainly has enough options to put a package together for Point. It'll likely be draft picks and players. They have a bunch of young players with lots of experience in the league , already having played more than 100 games and some promising prospects. The asking price will obviously be very high, which makes total sense.

RD has nowhere near the prospect depth Brandon has right now. It will just be a matter of which GM is willing to give up more and I don't see The Wheat Kings letting what will be most likely their only compilation next season get Point. But on the other hand RD might offer something completely crazy for him due to the Memorial Cup. Either way Moose jaw is going to end up with a boatload coming over. This could end up being one of the biggest trades in recent memory coming. Should make for some excitement.

One thing though is I don't think this trade will be made at the deadline. I think it will be done before the season opens.