Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Post Anholt Thoughts...

Really we have had strong teams with good management in place. The ten year average for fan support is plus or minus 100. Smilly, you were nice , now I have to tell you I have forgot more about business than you will ever know. Lol

Blacksheep, did not mean that comment for you,was meant as a reply to loud I and moon ,sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by smilly View Post
    Blacksheep, did not mean that comment for you,was meant as a reply to loud I and moon ,sorry for the confusion
    No sweat Smilly. Sometimes the hammer just isnt big enough for some. I do think this edition of the Canes has been given the year to prove themselves. What is really interesting is that there have been no public solicitations for buying those new $1000.00 shares. $2 million are up so I speculate as to who has purchased any or all. If someone bought them ll for two mil, theynwould certainly have the upper hand in being first in line if the team is sold

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    No sweat Smilly. Sometimes the hammer just isnt big enough for some. I do think this edition of the Canes has been given the year to prove themselves. What is really interesting is that there have been no public solicitations for buying those new $1000.00 shares. $2 million are up so I speculate as to who has purchased any or all. If someone bought them ll for two mil, theynwould certainly have the upper hand in being first in line if the team is sold
    I am very curious about this attempt to raise a mere 2 million dollars by converting shares etc. So little was made of the announcement initially, or mentioned by the press, as we were all blindsided by the "vote to vote to sell" story. This little juicy $2M nugget of major importance was kind of just glossed over by everyone. Was it just a mere formality to allow a single individual to pony up the $2M?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I am very curious about this attempt to raise a mere 2 million dollars by converting shares etc. So little was made of the announcement initially, or mentioned by the press, as we were all blindsided by the "vote to vote to sell" story. This little juicy $2M nugget of major importance was kind of just glossed over by everyone. Was it just a mere formality to allow a single individual to pony up the $2M?
    Good follow up Rock. That is the point I was trying to convey. Word has it that none have been sold as yet, it is early, there may be a legality process to go through (in the works) to modify the Articles to allow this transfer of 2000 shares to the active list. I can't see them doing it up front so as to be available the day of or the day after the vote. This would indicate a set up. So in short, if someone bought the 2 mil, it would give the club the operating capital they need, it would also put that shareholder up front when it came to the next vote to vote to sell. Call a poll vote and no one can out vote you. That is my understanding of the new shares. One vote, unless poll vote called, then 2000. If sold, then already have 2 mil in the game as the provision of these shares was that they had the face value and could be cashed in at any time for their face value, $1000.00. Be interesting to see if this "down payment" materializes. If so the league has done an end run around the shareholders of the community based team and with one party or person holding that many shares (if that becomes the case) have basically guaranteed the team will be sold.