Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Anholt Thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Yes those two guys have been great... to have this record after dealing away all but one of the 19 year olds is quite excellent... if Anholt would have coached all season, he'd be a contender for Coach of the Year.

Do you or does anyone else know what these "massive changes" are? There are far less rumors than last spring/summer when very little happened.

I notice Sakamoto has been VERY quiet since he announced he was "lending support" to the team. What are these fundraising and promotional benefits that are now supposed to exist?
    I believe it was in the form of portion of revenues from concerts, Bamford for one, who unfortunately was unable to appear, also the Hurricane Sportsman dinner, and things along that line. How successful these efforts then/now/future will be can be questioned at the AGM I guess. It has gone silent.

Note that Moose Jaw was experiencing some financial issues several years ago and with league assistance, whether business plan, promotion, marketing etc., (I highly doubt cash infusion) they have turned that around to show a profit. If there was a candidate then for the league "to take over" that was it. They didn't, appears that to eliminate a community owned entity may be just a tad more difficult than "throw the bums out".. Just thinkin'

Gone silent, the end result is known, the passion for the fight has dissipated, four games to go and no playoffs, going out of sight and out of mind.
    Last edited by blacksheep; 03-12-2015 at 05:53 AM. Reason: additional comment

Default dont have a clue.........

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Yes those two guys have been great... to have this record after dealing away all but one of the 19 year olds is quite excellent... if Anholt would have coached all season, he'd be a contender for Coach of the Year.

Do you or does anyone else know what these "massive changes" are? There are far less rumours than last spring/summer when very little happened.

I notice Sakamoto has been VERY quiet since he announced he was "lending support" to the team. What are these fundraising and promotional benefits that are now supposed to exist?
    talked to 2 separate billets and both told me waiting for the end of the season for change.....who knows..one thing for sure is how there planning to pay the bills with 0 dollars in the bank.....luko took a huge chunk robson still on the payroll next year and anholt is very vague about his time here as for blacksheep saying there has to be a process he could be right but was told the reason the league backed off was because they have complete faith in anholt to run things until that time comes along... anholt saying he will run thing up until the euro draft and them se what happens is weird to say the least..unless he knows something we don't.........my 2 cents..
    GO CANES GO.................

Well, it seems as though Wpg as a potential WHL city is out for at least the next season with the news their AHL team is moving back from Newfoundland to Wpg
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Gotta let that one go. Yeah, it would have been nice to have a decently skilled individual like Anholt play for the canes in the years to come but he's an NCAA boy. He's going College route so no sense in worrying to much about that one. I was in Penticton last week and had the chance to see Bellerive play. Kid has skill so that is the one that management and scouts need to focus on. Rumors say that he is not NCAA bound but doesn't appear that he's in any hurry to join Lethbridge. Hopefully in the next short while, there is some big news about this team and what the future holds and prospects (namely Bellerive) sign.

Default Anholt

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    Gotta let that one go. Yeah, it would have been nice to have a decently skilled individual like Anholt play for the canes in the years to come but he's an NCAA boy. He's going College route so no sense in worrying to much about that one. I was in Penticton last week and had the chance to see Bellerive play. Kid has skill so that is the one that management and scouts need to focus on. Rumors say that he is not NCAA bound but doesn't appear that he's in any hurry to join Lethbridge. Hopefully in the next short while, there is some big news about this team and what the future holds and prospects (namely Bellerive) sign.
    He is Brandon property now, and not the Canes. His rights were traded to the Wheat Kings in the Duke/Erkamps trade. He would have a tough time making the Wheat Kings next year.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-19-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    He is Brandon property now, and not the Canes. His rights were traded to the Wheat Kings in the Duke/Erkamps trade. He would have a tough time making the Wheat Kings next year.
    Yes, he's with WK now, but some people still look and say "what if?". No point, he's gone.... and unlikely to play WHL anyways.

True to all of the above. Just showing the surety or lack thereof of drafting 14 year olds

Default Second overall Bantam Draft pick

I just typed a very detailed post about the Canes keeping their 2nd overall 2015 draft pick after today's WHL Bantam Draft Lottery and how Bellerive was our 2nd overall pick last year etc. Somehow it disappeared so here is the short version.

*Canes will pick 2nd in this years Bantam draft.
    *They didn't get bumped down as the #1 team Spokane/S'toon won the lottery.
    *There does not appear to be a clear cut #1 so picking 2nd is great.
    *Canes also picked 2nd last year and took Jordy Bellerive.
    *Bellerive and his family have not signed with the Canes as of today.
    *Anholt says they are close to signing Bellerive. Refer the Lethbridge Herald article. Link is below.
    *I have it from 2 inside sources a month ago, Bellerive has told Canes he will not sign with them.
    *He will play his 16 year old season with the BCJHL Penticton Vees and keep all of his options open.
    *Next year he can then sign with the Canes or go the NCAA route.
    *Will the Canes be able to sign some of their other top picks? Many have not signed yet.
    *Who will the Canes draft this year? A defenseman perhaps.

http://lethbridgeherald.com/sports/h...k-says-anholt/
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-25-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Bellerive and the Vees

As mentioned Bellerive has all kinds of options. Brother played in the dub, check one, sister plays in the NCAA check two. Attending academy next door to Vees Home arena, check 3. Has played several games with Vees, check 4. Only tangible missing is one of if he is NCAA university quality student. If we can find that out will have a good idea where he is going to go. Playing a year with the Vees and see what options other than the Dub pop up, smart kid, smart family, it is a very high probability. Just watched game 6 Vernon, Penticton, outstanding, firebrand, double overtime, fast and furious. 75 + shots, great goaltending, 4-3 in double ot. Great entertainment for16.00 in a wonderful facility. Unfortunately IMHO better to watch than some of the dull fests in the dub.