Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Post Anholt Thoughts...

Talking same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    The sad part about all of this is that the share holders got bambozelled! This meeting was an information meeting, at no point was it a vote to sell the team! It was only a vote that would have provided more time for some prospected buyers to formulate their business plans and maybe even present some offers that really should have been considered? It's now going to be extremely difficult if not impossible for Paisley and his group to now have to go to battle in a war they can never win. The announcement of the Bellerive signing should have never been a part of this equation, hockey prospects should depend on the franchise for their development not the franchise depending on the prospects for success??? The insanity appears to continue, you cannot make chicken soup out of chicken ***t!
    Actually they didn't. Fortunately enough showed up to offset the "setup" by the league and about 4 others. Do you think it is a good idea that the Calgary Flames sent a representative from the Hitmen to vote on this matter. Admittedly this matter should have been fixed years ago, the league (commish) took the position that it was a local matter. What do you think the Hitmen voted for. Like I said, the current board, GM and now new coach have been given the year in reprieve. If you don't like it there are several things you can do.

1. Find some friends, buy 2000 shares at 1000 apiece and voila when they do tank, as you say they will, you will get your money back from the new owner or you just may be the new owner.

2. If you don't own a share now, buy one, you can be an owner for 100.00. At the next AGM put the motion to vote to vote forward again.

3. Buy an additional season to the one you may have now and give it to your friends, etc.

4. If you don't want to do any of these, stay away, register your boycott, and then when sold and moved (if the same amount of support continues) howl long into the midnight moon about how __________________ (fill in the blank here as to who or what wrecked major junior hockey in Lethbridge). My preferred to fill in this blank, is "lack of support".
    Last edited by blacksheep; 06-05-2015 at 06:37 AM. Reason: punctuation

Default Well said blacksheep

Time to stop the whining and what ifs and should haves and work together to do what we as hurricane fans can do to help set this franchise back to respectability
    Let's stop complaining and surmising what should have happened and play the hand we were dealt

Default agreed......................

Quote Originally Posted by Canefollower View Post
    Time to stop the whining and what ifs and should haves and work together to do what we as hurricane fans can do to help set this franchise back to respectability
    Let's stop complaining and surmising what should have happened and play the hand we were dealt
    after 3 years away following 20 years of season tickets I will be buying mine once again..i myself believe in anholt and the progress he has made to improve the canes...cant wait for September, but until then go bulls go..........
    GO CANES GO.................

Icon06 This is what it needs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    after 3 years away following 20 years of season tickets I will be buying mine once again..i myself believe in anholt and the progress he has made to improve the canes...cant wait for September, but until then go bulls go..........

Well goes to show there are a still 32% (and a couple of posters here) that are complete morons. Unbelievable that anyone could vote no on this vote and even more unbelievable that the league doesn't just say screw and kick this joke of a franchise out of the league.

Move it?

To where? What city has a better arena, bigger population base, better history of junior hockey and (very important for the league) a prime location that makes scheduling so much easier?

Winnipeg? a horrible option with the size of city and a NHL team already there plus a crap city for traveling to. Nanaimo? Absolutely a crap city to travel to, smaller city than Lethbridge, smaller arena, already a team there that would have to be kicked out. Fort Mac? Horrible for travel, population with zero connection to the city and non traditional work schedules.

The if you allow for a sale the team will be moved boogie man is a BS scare tactic that makes zero sense, especially when there are willing owners in Lethbridge with more than enough money to buy and run the team.

For the WHL Lethbridge has a great population base ~100,000 making it likely around 10-11th in the league, a very good (not great) arena that is the right size for the market, it is located in a perfect location for scheduling being within 3-5 hours of Cal, RD, Edm, Koot, MJ, Swift, MH and it has a tradition of junior hockey already in place so that they don't have to kick out an already popular team (ie AJHL, SJHL, BCJHL) team that the community has ties to and may feel bitter about losing.

The only issue that the Hurricanes have is god awful leadership on and off the ice. Anholdt is better than what we have but is still a bottom 5 GM in the league. His past results have been pretty terrible and his time in Lethbridge only look good in comparision to the garbage that we have had in Preston and Robson. He is not close to being good enough to create the kind of team to overcome the morons on the board and make the team a success.

This team needs competent management both at the President/Owners level and GM/Coach level and while that isn't guaranteed by a Private owner we have seen already that it is guaranteed not to be there if we continue with the community ownership model we have now.

That vote represents a very sad day in Lethbridge sports as the only threat to the WHL staying in Lethbridge is continued community ownership.

Enjoy the games this year shushu (and I am not being sarcastic I hope truly hope you enjoy them), I am sure you and the 1,000 other folks that attend the games will have a good time and put enough money into the teams pockets to not only break even but make up for the huge debts these morons have built up for the team.

Good thing you know so much about running a whl franchise they mut have lost your application in the mail.better yet put your money where your mouth is and buy 200,000 dollars in shares then yoU can control the meetings

So only option are have enough money to buy team or have no opinion on it?

And I am not sure I need to "know so much about running a WHL franchise" to know that 5 years of bottom 5 finishes in a row and a $150,000 debt is doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    So only option are have enough money to buy team or have no opinion on it?

And I am not sure I need to "know so much about running a WHL franchise" to know that 5 years of bottom 5 finishes in a row and a $150,000 debt is doing it wrong.
    You don't know anything about it. Enjoy your time elsewhere.

Default bottom line is.......................

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Well goes to show there are a still 32% (and a couple of posters here) that are complete morons. Unbelievable that anyone could vote no on this vote and even more unbelievable that the league doesn't just say screw and kick this joke of a franchise out of the league.

Move it?

To where? What city has a better arena, bigger population base, better history of junior hockey and (very important for the league) a prime location that makes scheduling so much easier?

Winnipeg? a horrible option with the size of city and a NHL team already there plus a crap city for traveling to. Nanaimo? Absolutely a crap city to travel to, smaller city than Lethbridge, smaller arena, already a team there that would have to be kicked out. Fort Mac? Horrible for travel, population with zero connection to the city and non traditional work schedules.

The if you allow for a sale the team will be moved boogie man is a BS scare tactic that makes zero sense, especially when there are willing owners in Lethbridge with more than enough money to buy and run the team.

For the WHL Lethbridge has a great population base ~100,000 making it likely around 10-11th in the league, a very good (not great) arena that is the right size for the market, it is located in a perfect location for scheduling being within 3-5 hours of Cal, RD, Edm, Koot, MJ, Swift, MH and it has a tradition of junior hockey already in place so that they don't have to kick out an already popular team (ie AJHL, SJHL, BCJHL) team that the community has ties to and may feel bitter about losing.

The only issue that the Hurricanes have is god awful leadership on and off the ice. Anholdt is better than what we have but is still a bottom 5 GM in the league. His past results have been pretty terrible and his time in Lethbridge only look good in comparision to the garbage that we have had in Preston and Robson. He is not close to being good enough to create the kind of team to overcome the morons on the board and make the team a success.

This team needs competent management both at the President/Owners level and GM/Coach level and while that isn't guaranteed by a Private owner we have seen already that it is guaranteed not to be there if we continue with the community ownership model we have now.

That vote represents a very sad day in Lethbridge sports as the only threat to the WHL staying in Lethbridge is continued community ownership.

Enjoy the games this year shushu (and I am not being sarcastic I hope truly hope you enjoy them), I am sure you and the 1,000 other folks that attend the games will have a good time and put enough money into the teams pockets to not only break even but make up for the huge debts these morons have built up for the team.
    I want to see bellerive play, same with skinner estaphan and more than a few others..as for the teams , I can see by Christmas or the end of the year a financial state where there will be no other option but the league stepping in..i'm in the same boat as you about the habs that run this team but jr hockey outweighs the bs in the front office..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    I want to see bellerive play, same with skinner estaphan and more than a few others..as for the teams , I can see by Christmas or the end of the year a financial state where there will be no other option but the league stepping in..i'm in the same boat as you about the habs that run this team but jr hockey outweighs the bs in the front office..............
    I can understand that. I loved going to games when I had season tickets and my sons are at the age (8,6) that I would like to start taking them to a lot more games.

If I saw any movement towards respectability it would be a lot easier to go back to the team but seeing them continue on and off the ice to make horrible decision after horrible decision I just don't see any reason at all to support the franchise.