Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PATS vs Ice Tigers Warriors (2)

Hybrid View

Iconwhl PATS vs Ice Tigers Warriors (2)

Well tonights game against the Ice is another segment of Wiener Wednesday

Looking forward to watching Bozon and Reinhart tonight, its been almost a year to the day when Bozon was sent to the Saskatoon ER with his life threatening condition. There was a great article in the LP today about him, its hard to hate this guy as he has been threw so much as a person and has came back against all odds.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl

Interesting game tonight the Ice have a lot of very skilled forwards on their team. I said to my buddy in the 2nd period the same thing the coaching comment after the game and that was we were getting way to fcken cute and it came back to bite us in the damn a*s....

I don't know how the Ice can not draw more fans to their games, god if we had a player as good as Reinhart we would have 5000+ at every game. He is such a treat to watch, that goal he scored tonight Wapple stood no chance on that such a quick release.

I thought the line of Kroeker McAmmond Mortlock were very good all night long too bad they got no ice in the 3rd period.

All in all was a very good hockey game to watch tonight IMO... there was no way there was 5066 people there tonight though got to love the toonie exchange nights.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

That first period was high paced! Reminded me of the Pats before the trades. If they stick to the game plan, they will continue to be successful. It was very obvious they were starting to get too cute with the puck. They were relentless with the shots in the first, then they started trying to make the perfect pass/shot and that slowed they're pace down and let Kootenay play. It also seems to be a continuing trend, but the physical game has kind of stuck around, and it has helped a lot. Hobbs hip check late in the game was fantastic and ridiculously solid!

I like that one of McCrimmon's trades may end up biting him in the ass a bit. Though he got Pilon in the deal, Kelly has to be a bit choked Cooper ended up on his direct competition for the next year and a half (from deadline). Especially with the way he has been producing! If he continues to play this well and produce like this next season, he will be just as good or a better replacement for the possible top scoring 20yo in Gay or Hunt. And for a Reagan who was struggling here.

I really hope this physical play keeps continuing. It has been a late season treat and adds another element to their game. As long as they are smart with their checks, which they have been mostly, keep it coming! Obviously, it's no good to be physical if you don't know when to play the puck over playing the body.

One thing that continues to bug me is D'Amico. He seems to be giving up far to easily. Sure, it sucks going from playing on a contending team to a younger, not so contending team, but suck it up. You're still on a good team with great coaches. I understand it sucks for players to work hard to move up and then be favoured over by younger players, but its the nature of the game and Paddock gives a lot more equal opportunity compared to Cameron or Conacher. It's much more of a team game this season and not showing up to play is just going to look bad on you. Christoffer has looked a lot better lately and has played his ass off after looking disinterested early on after the deadline.

One last thing about this game, that line of Kroeker, McAmmond, and Mortlock looked really good last night. They were punishing and Kroeker had extra room to showcase the skills and speed he has, but we don't get to see too often. That line was a nice surprise. They looked especially good in the first period when the whole team was firing on all cylinders.

Off topic but Small Thought has a breakdown of all the playoff races and the games that each team has remaining Link: http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/

Will be strange to see Burroughs and Hunt in MH colors but will enjoy watching them again. Hope the Pats do something to recognize the years here that they both put in. Should be a good game both teams seem to play their best against each other
    GO PATS GO

We came oh so close to stealing a point but the result was the correct one. For most of the game our work ethic and commitment didn't match the Tigers. Our speed was substandard and our discipline was poor. Combine that with some crappy officiating = a loss!

Howe and Byblow..geez we couldn't have drawn any two worse than these guys. It makes me wish for Nathan Wieler back again. PK was good but the PP is back to struggling. It's too bad we didn't work as hard on any of our PP's like we did in the last few minutes…

Can anyone explain what's happened to D'Amico?? He has lost his skating speed, work ethic and gives up on everything. He loses every battle. He has to get out of his funk because he is hurting the team. Just because the team has changed is no reason to quit…

Alll in all I doubt that Paddock was very happy. They will need to be much better tomorrow night or they will rack up another "L".

Icon32

Thank-you Patsdude! D-cherry should stop watching the Pats games through the bottom of his draft glass and actually pay attention to the game!

Is that right Bleeder. Have you been to a game yet . Bleeder what happen to Eberly then if you where watching . Fill us in. You Pats nevers about home ice .bleeder I probably watch more hockey in a week than you do in a month.what no come backs !!
    Last edited by D cherry; 02-28-2015 at 10:32 PM.

If you must know. I have watched, listened or been to last 150 games! Unlike you, I actually pay attention the game and the systems they play! You pipe up every once in awhile and criticize individuals or the Pats in general! If you say anything of value maybe should go watch games at the Wickenheiser arena and start a thread about peewee hockey!!? Because that's about your speed!

Elvis has left the building! Have a great night!