Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PATS vs Ice Tigers Warriors (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy View Post
    I actually forgot to mention how he has been playing more on the PP and he showing his worth. Though he has that quick shot that he can score with, he's been perfect infront of the net cleaning up the garbage. Pretty sure he has more garbage goals than pretty. I was thinking he might look good with Brooks and Wagner. I feel like he played with them one game, but not sure for a bit. Not sure though.
    Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM. Good to see him start scoring some goals now for the Pats
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM. Good to see him start scoring some goals now for the Pats
    I was starting to think about that the last little while. I recall people saying that was one of the issues, and with the lack of PP time he's been getting here, I was really starting to hope things don't go south. After seeing him work on the PP recently though, he needs to be on it more often.

Iconwhl

He also has to remember he is 17yrs old and his time is coming in the next 2 seasons, which would of been the same in BRN as well.

Gabrielle has been great for the Pats since coming here just wish he would finally drop the mitts and tune someone in.... I really thought when RD was here him and Noigier were going to go a few times but nothing ever came out of it besides words being exchanged and a few slashes back and forth all game long.

I have noticed though that since Gabrielle has been with the Pats and even though he doesn't get ice time with Steel it has helped Steel as he hasn't been getting any extra works after whistles and such. I think the main reason for that is it is known league wide that Gabrielle will jump you if its needed to be done and doesn't care if you are willing to go or not, which I think would be the case if someone went over board with Steel in terms of how they handle him between whistles and during the play.

Tonight' game should be a good 1 as last night it really seemed like there was a lot of intensity between the teams and that was the feeling I got just from watching it on webcast.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

It was actually a near sell out last night for the 30th Anniversary Night. Haven't seen Mosaic that full since the year 15yo Point molested the Pats in the playoffs.

Also, the comment about Gabrielle being 17yo and his time will come. I understand that's how it works(mostly), but he's skilled enough to be getting more opportunity. I mean, considering the PP has been a complete pile of crap all year and his play on it has been a bright spot recently. It's certainly not an issue of having too many skilled guys who are successful on a regular basis. Brandon has had a dominant PP all season. The Pats, on the other hand.......

5. Default

Also, the comment about Gabrielle being 17yo and his time will come. I understand that's how it works(mostly), but he's skilled enough to be getting more opportunity.......
    You're exactly right. He's in the top tier of the age group in the WHL. He's been an elite scorer at ever level, including this one. Going through the entire 2012 Bantam Draft, only Nick Merely and Tyler Soy have more goals in the WHL than Gabrielle and at even strength nobody from the 2012 bantam draft has more.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM.
    Lots of rumor and mis-information surrounding the Klimchuk/Gabrielle trade, including this. But the the truth is fairly shocking, and has nothing to do with ice time or opportunity.

The Gabrielle camp, led by Don Meehan and Craig Oster, handled the situation with great dignity and discretion.

Iconwhl

My comment about gabrielle and PP with only being 17 wasn't fully directed only at Jesse but at all 17yr olds in general. If he was pissed off about not getting PP time BRN I can understand it but also when your on an elite team like BRN has it's understandable that a 17yr old wasn't seeing the ice during the PP.... Here in Regina yes out PP has sucked all year long even with the (4) 19yr olds we traded away so yes I have zero issues with him being on the PP and as of late Id have zero issues with taking Steel off the PP for a game or 2 as he has been making some really bad plays lately which could just be due to all these games starting to wear him out as he plays in every situation for the Pats.

Your right again Patsdude , steel is showing sign of getting tired . That's a lot of ice time for those young legs . Jesse played well .It will be nice to see Wagner back his speed help this team look better . Harrison played a good D game looked more involved and heads up hockey.

8. Default

Gabrielle on a line with Steel would be beneficial. With continued play they should develope chemistry and he would be able to look after Steel too. Plus, they're going to be playing together for a few years.
    Looks like you nailed it. Put them together for one period and they connect on 2 goals. Continued good luck to you guys!

Though they did show some good passing to one another, Steel and Gabrielle weren't necessarily the key contributors on the goals. The first one, Willms down, goal mouth scramble... Gabrielle comes into the mix in the crease and four Warriors gravitate to him, leaving one team mate to defend against Steel and Padakin. Second one was all Padakin. Really wish he had scored on the play. He smoothly skated through the two defenders with a little move and took a shot with Willms saving it, but giving the rebound up to Gabrielle, who put it in the back of the net.

Now, the reason they were together at all was because Gabrielle took Cooper's place. Anyone catch what happened to Cooper?? Would be a real bummer if he is out of the line-up for any extended period of time again. At least the Pats get a bit of a break here before Alberta next weekend. Would be nice if both he and Wagner are back for Edmonton. Leschyshyn should be with the team this week too, so it will be interesting to see how much he is used. Like I said in another thread... If Paddock wanted him so bad, chances are he's going to give him lots of opportunity.

Harrison did play a pretty good game...except for when Padakin had to save his ass when he gave the puck away to two Warriors. He took the hooking penalty to stop what was looking like an easy goal. Hilsendager had a bad night. Noticed him on the ice way more than usual, which in his case, isn't really good. He seemed to be battling himself and was a bit out of it. Liked the physical game though. Everyone was good physically. They really need to keep that up!

Would be great to get a win off the Oil Kings this season, but I'm honesty not too optimistic.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-01-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Iconwhl

i could be wrong about Cooper but I think he was just benched, I thought I saw him on the bench after the game when the players celebrated the win..... he didn't look good tonight at all when he was on the ice but who knows maybe he did get hurt and left the game.

The 1st 40mins of this game was a real snoozer there was no life to this game at all until the 3rd period started.

I have really noticed how much we miss Wagner on the ice, his speed really makes the other team aware of who's on the ice at all times..... Wagner is a huge part of this team anyone who may of thought otherwise just watch the past 3 games and its very noticeable what he means to this Pats team.