Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats v Wheaties round 2

Default Pats v Wheaties round 2

Test
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wheaties in 4

I tried to cut and paste some thoughts, but the board is not playing nice today!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Iconwhl

We got what 8 days to talk about this series before the puck is dropped.... that is way to freaken long if you ask me lol

BRN is definitely enjoying this time off though with the injuries they got, the Pats on the other hand would love to start this series up this weekend as we are healthy besides Steel and besides the odd bump and bruise from this last series.

Word today is Hilsendager got a 3 game suspension for his hit on DeBrusk, that is a big loss for our backend for games 1 & 2 in BRN.. I just don't get how they can hand out such hefty suspensions for a play that wasn't even warranted a penalty. By no means am I saying he shouldn't of deserved at least a 2min minor but a 3 game suspension in the playoffs for that hit is BS, 5yrs ago everyone would of been praising this hit.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    Wheaties in 4
    I think the Pats are better then that, I do think the Pats will win a game hopefully 2 games. We have proved even after the trades that we can still play with BRN and I do believe we will still prove it in the playoffs as well.

sbtatter
    how long is Klimchuk out for?
    Is Duke expected back in this series?
    What about Pilon?
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

I'm thinking it should be pretty much all hands on deck for Brandon by the time this series starts. Klimchuk it sounded was closer to a game time decision for games 4 and 5 against Edmonton. Duke was walking around among the crowd the last game of the season versus MJ and he looked to be fine. Obviously walking around the concourse is much different than playing, but the consensus was he would have been ready for the end of opening series, so I would think 2nd round is a very safe bet. Pilon was still playing, so I would think the time between rounds should come close to returning him to full health.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I have been getting that too. Turns out to be an issue with the 'percent' symbol. As soon as I took that out of my message, I was able to post.

I had this problem with a post not long ago as well. I went back and looked and sure enough, I used a percent symbol. If you use the quick reply though, it will allow you to use it and post it.

Well, this should be an entertaining series, and the best one travel wise for Brandon, Pats being the closest team and all. Lots of sub plots at play, the new coach and GM on the block vs the old master (at least in WHL experience if not age!), Gabrielle and Klimchuck playing their old teams, lots of young guys setting down messages for the next 2 years, both teams hugely exceeding expectations this season. Wapple v Papirny is also interesting, Wapple with his 4th best 1.96 GAA and 6th best .933 SAVpercent vs papirnys 7th best 2.01 GAA and 4th best .942 SAVpercent
    Brandons PP is ticking along, the leagues 3rd best at 35.3 percent v regina 10th at 11.1 percent. PK has Regina in 5th at 88.9 percent and Brandon 8th at 85.7percent, so obviously a key in this series will be can Brandon score on the PP? And can they stop regina scoring shorties?
    I looked at the ages of the 20 guys playing in our two series last night, just plugged in their year of birth, didn't get down to years and months, but clearly, older doesn't always equate success

Regina 17.85
    Swifty 18.45

Brandon 18.1 (they were 18.05 last year in game 4 v Regina)
    Edmonton 18.2

I know the Wheaties are a tired, hurting squad, anyone who watched last night would know as well. The whole series against Edm started with 6 guys not skating all week until game 1 Thur night. Flu and infections had the team in tough shape, but looks like that has passed now hopefully. No one is saying if Klimchuck will be ready for game 1, seems like Reid Duke will be ready, hopefully Pilon is healthy, but truthfully, Klimchuck and Duke are more of a miss than Pilon because Bdn had Clague and Taraschuk ready to fill in on defence
    The lines have been all messed up since the flu and injuries took over, but I'm hoping Friday night the forwards will look like this

Klimchuck McGauley P Quenneville
    Bukarts J Quenneville Shmyr
    Duke Patrick Hawryluk
    Coulter Campbell Kaspick

I know Regina are missing Steel for the series and Hilsendager for 2 games. Any other starters out? If Regina keep winning, any word on Steel returning for conference or league finals? Regina will try to paint themselves the massive underdog, but, with the coaching they have and a hot goaltender the series should be a lot closer than the Pats are claiming.