Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
As an outsider looking at the Pats, I would think Paddock is building the team to peak in 2 years time, no? Also that should be about the same time Brandon takes a step backwards I think.

Watching the Pats for this playoff series, I would think next year they should be a 90 point team. But the Wheat Kings will be just as good next year, if not better than this year. But 2016/17 will be the Pats time to shine.
I think your correct about building for two seasons from now. I agree that 90 points should be very attainable considering they had 85 this season. Hockey however has a lot of twists and turns.

There won't be much room at any positions for next season. The Pats may be a victim of their own riches. For example if young Schoiler out of Winnipeg reports there will be some league ready prospects who would lose a spot. There will be some hard decisions to make.

This is where hockey makes some twists and turns. If the Pats have league ready prospects with no spots, they may need to trade them. If that were to occur they may acquire a couple of more high end seasoned players. If that were to happen 90 points could jump to 100.

Barring some moves, Wapple, Williams, Cooper are a fairly formidable group of overagers. Not much better anywhere. If they were finally lucky enough to get an impact import, the water could get even mirkier.

After many years or decades of building for the here and now, they finally have a blueprint in place. Paddock made some gut wrenching moves at the deadline to build with a distinct vision of the future. I think he will see it through. IMO the ship has been righted, now it's just an exercise in patience.

Brandon had a great season winning the entire league. I wish them luck going forward. I'm still a Klimchuk fan.