Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats v Wheaties round 2

Let's go blue take the 1st one and the pressure will be off.

To be fair about the webcast quality.... SWife Current has one of the worst feeds in the league imo, BRN has a pretty decent one I haven't had any issues with theirs in the past
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Default Game one against Brandon

I will be the first to say it. Simply out muscled. Older bigger and just as fast of a hockey team. Three different Defensive brain cramps costs them huge. Will hopefully be better tomorrow.

Iconwhl

I thought we played like crap (not the word I want to use but profanity gets blocked out on here) not once during that game did I see us play how we have played all year long. We played like we have already handed the Wheat Kings the series, hopefully tomorrow night is better.

One thing I laughed at during the webcast tonight was how even the WKs announcers mentioned how weak of a defenseman Mortlock is, that the Pats were getting him off the ice as fast as they could once the other Dmen were ready to go again. Our defense is not as deep as our forward group and that's a real concern, hopefully next year guys like Pouteau & Freidrich really push for spots

5. Default

That was a terrible game to watch as a Pats fan. I was hoping for a little bit more after the 2-1 goal but Brandon continued to dominate. When both teams went back and forth throughout portions of the game Brandon looked much more comfortable doing so. All of our prime scoring chances were fanned on or misfired. I won't fault Wapple, but I thought he was average. First time using the webcast and I enjoyed it. Better than I expected. The one thing I found annoying was the background music at the stadium before faceoffs but I understand that can be tough to control. I'll watch again tonight and obviously hope we snag a win. I have tickets to games 3 and 4 and would like a warm reception at the Brandt Centre regardless of it being 2-0 or 1-1.

I agree with PD114 that we played poorly and much of it our own doing. We weren't good really at any phase of the game. Offence, defence, and goaltending were not what it needs to be for us to even compete in this series. If we're not a lot better it's over quick.

Our D wasn't very good last night as stated. Mortlock struggled but so did Harrison. It's tough to compete with such a young D-Corps and arguably not a real talented one. IMO if the Pats thought they would be in the 2nd round, they would have added an older D-man.

Excluding Schoiler ??, Poteau and Freadrich are two young talented guys. IMO they won't be much help for 2 or 3 seasons as they are raw rookies, and a few years from prime time. To be competitive next season the Pats need to add some seasoning to their D-corps.

For now they have to dance with the ones they brought. Let's hope they find a little more drive tonight, and maybe play with a little more truculence.

just listened to the game but it seamed we could not sustain any O zone time. There were a few spurts but not a lot of time to wear on Brandon's D. Again I did not watch the game but the comments on here that Mortlock was weak but the game sheet has Williams and Hobbs at minus 2 and Mortlock even. I assume that it was Williams and Hobbs matched to Brandon's top 6. Looking for a better effort tonight, more O zone time to wear on Brandon's D
    GO PATS GO

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Again I did not watch the game but the comments on here that Mortlock was weak but the game sheet has Williams and Hobbs at minus 2 and Mortlock even.

Im not disagreeing with anything you had said in your post but to be fair we all know Mortlock get's matched up against a teams 3rd or 4th line and he struggles at best with those matchups.

I agree with Chopper when he says our defense is just too young... its hard to be a serious threat in the playoffs when you have 3 of your top 4 Dmen all rookie 17yr olds. Now with that said we were never expected to be a serious threat this year for playoffs and our defense will be much better next year as our entire top 4 will be returning. If Pouteau, Freidrich & possibly Schoiler put up even close to the same type of seasons as our 17yr olds did this year our defense will be in good hands.

I think for the most part we all kind of expected for this to happen against BRN just hope that not all games are like last nights game. Were fans and of course we will cheer for our team, I mean we have for the last 20yrs with no direction ever set.

only listened tonight but sounded like a better effort tonight. Brandon rink and pucks off the back boards to the front of the net was one of their goals but that happens often in Brandon. the boards there have a livelier bounce or the goal line is closer to the end wall (but I think the distance from end wall to goal line is the same in all rinks) It also sounded that the officiating was off tonight.
    get out support the boys on Tues and Wed. It is pretty good hockey
    GO PATS GO

There are no real surprises here. Brandon was full marks for the win and that was expected. With Lang and Struch around the team should have been prepared for the unusual boards and bounces. I guess that's the benefit of having home ice.

The officials were calling a rather poor game. They lost control and didn't know what to call. Not the calibre that one should expect at this time of year. Their thing was taking turns putting teams down two men. They should have focused on the cheap stuff.

The Pats were better in the 2nd game but still not near good enough. While on a PP getting caught on a 2 on 1 with nobody coming back is tough. IMO there were a couple suspect goals by Wapple. All these little things add up to losses.

In order for the Pats to have a sniff goaltending had to be lights out good. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been the case. One or two weak goal a game will kill you and we've been giving those up. It's not any one thing just a lot of smaller ones which will sink them.

Hope they're a lot better on Tuesday and they will need to be. Win and it's series on! A loss and it's lights out. Their overall youth and depth of talent is being exploited by Brandon. Hockey can be a strange game and anything can happen. I'm hopeful but also realistic.
    Last edited by chopper; 04-12-2015 at 07:52 AM. Reason: type-o,