Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats v Wheaties round 2

Thanks guys for the tip that the percent symbol is what was messing my posts up, bizarre!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Thanks for the number crunching you went pretty in depth with all that and its appreciated from me anyways as I love seeing the numbers.

As for Steel during his interview on Shaw TV I thought he had said he was 3-5 weeks away from skating again. So if by some chance the Pats do knock the WKs out he may be day to day later in the conference finals, would they risk throwing him into the fire though being day to day that's another story and something I don't think they would risk as if he reinjuried his knee there could be more serious issues in the years to come.

Paddock has his hands full with this series it is going to test his coaching abilities to the fullest I believe. You can only do so much with the talent and experience you have to work with and up until this point in the year Paddock has met and exceeded all expectations. The Pats have no pressure in this series, no one is predicting them to win this series it is all on the Wheat Kings with the talented group they have over there... injuries or not their top 6 are still the best in the league IMO

A few of the vets on the Pats will want some type of redemption against the WKs from last season but is there enough of them around to carry that torch and go all out to knock the WKs off???

Everyone knows the weakest link to the entire WKs team is their defense, if the Pats can use their speed and size down low and wear out the defense they may have a chance. A very key ingredient to this entire series is BRN's ability with their quick strike offense, with their skill they feast on getting a quick 2nd or 3rd goal after they get that one. That last game in Regina between these 2 teams it was 1-1 after 40mins and the Pats had no problems at all keeping pace with the WKs and even taking it to them at times during the game but then the 3rd period came around and the WKs got that 2nd goal and 30-40 seconds later they got the 3rd goal and that buried the Pats... Later on Klimchuk scored on the empty net.

The Pats really did need the Oil Kings to win game 5 as game 6 wasn't until Monday if I recall or maybe it was Tuesday due to the rink being unavailable. But we both got a long wait for this series to get rolling and I think both teams fans are in for a treat by no means do I think this series is going to be over fast, I really think this series is going 6 games. I guess time will tell but GO PATS!!
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Steel doesn't have a knee injury he has an ankle problem and his goal is to be ready to play in the world under 18 championships this spring, but if he's ready I'm sure he'll play in the next series if appl.

Luber is reporting that duke may make an appearance this series, no news on klimchuck yet. As far as Gabrielle goes, everyone wishes he had wanted to play in Bdn, but he didn't, so, KM had to make a stinky trade. If klimchuck was back as a 20 that would make the trade a lot more palatable!! I think the Bdn guys know Jesse so well that his talking is amusing to them, seems like the one guy who dislikes him enough to fight him is Erkamps. But really,fighting in the playoffs seems to be at a premium. Pressure is on Bdn for game one, if they do well Friday night then the pressure will shift towards Regina. I know Pedersen said he'd take wapple every day of the week over Papirny, but I think those two guys were equally excellent in round one. Too me, the key is the special teams, whoever wins that wins the series.... Coaching edge goes to Paddock, player experience goes to Bdn so should be a great series IMO
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

The pats have recalled Brady Pouteau since his midget season came to a close the other day.

Wonder if he sees action with Hilsendager out, he can't be no worse then Mortlock at least Brady can skate

@WHLpats: News - The Pats have recalled defenceman Brady Pouteau ('98) (@brady_pouteau) from @PVHawksHockey #Gamechangers #WHL http://t.co/Ebx0zm84Wu

I think Pouteau may get a chance, especially with the numbers he put up this season and with Hilsendager out two more games. He's got good size and can skate too. If he can move the puck as well as his stats show, Paddock may want to see how he does in game action. I've been following him since he came off his injury and was excited to see him in a Pats jersey next season. Maybe it happens sooner?!

Go Pats! I know I will be cheering them on.

Also, you may be interested in our latest blog entry. We talk Pats (briefly). Just something fun I thought I would pass along!! Enjoy.

http://canesdomain.com/2015/04/08/wh...-ranking-2015/

On a side note:

Burroughs just signed a 3 year entry level deal with the Islanders.

Good news Kyle!!

Iconwhl

finally the day we have all been waiting for!! Game on in about 4.5hrs cant wait to watch this game on webcast tonight

After lossing game one in the last series, im sure the Wheaties will be ready for tonight. However the Pats need a win in Brandon and games 1,2,or 5 should be easier than game 7. BUT if it gets to a game 7, all the pressure is on the Wheaties as they won the league and finished more than 15 points ahead of the Pats. I complained about the quality of web casting, got a refund, but may buy in tonight as this series should be fast paced offensive hochey

GO PATS GO
    Last edited by RWAH; 04-10-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo