Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats v Wheaties round 2

I wasn't at last nights game, but the bounces I can believe. As far as I know it's a regulation sized ice surface so I don't think the goal/icing line is closer to the corner or anything like that. It's not like the bad bounces are a common occurence, but when they happen it seems like they defy the laws of physics! The zamboni door is the main source. Routine plays like the goalie going behind the net to play the puck, and it bounces out in front, of course to the opponent for an empty net tap in.

The comment about goal tending is so true. Its often the time of the saves not the quantity or quality. The Pats got with in one twice, had pressure on the Wheaties, but then ops down two in short order.
    On another note all the thoughts that in Steel's 18 year we will be the top team, Brandon will still be a force.

It was a very physical game and I'd say Wapple has been pretty solid. I know someone else said he needed to be better but if it wasn't for him these last 2 games could have been a lot worse for you guys. One thing I'll say for sure though is in the next couple years Regina will be a dangerous team.

I would have thought this thread would have been a lot more active with the two teams that are playing but I guess you guys all bullied the old Brandon fans to much and they needed to go start a different site? Lol

I would never suggest that our goaltending was the reason we lost. Wapple at times this year has been sensational for the Pats like the first game of the Swift Current series. Last night the 4th and 5th goals were odiferous. Saves at the right time are more important that the number of them. It was the Grant Fuhr mantra.

The one thing this team has shown up to this point is that they are resilient. They may not do it but they are quite capable of winning a couple games on home ice. Lets's hope!

Harrison and Cole out for Game 3 due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Andrew's Twitter
    Pats head coach John Paddock says forward Rykr Cole and defenceman Chase Harrison will not play in game 3 against Brandon #WHL #yqr
    Zborovskiy suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Andrew's Twitter
    Pats defenceman Sergey Zborovskiy has been suspended for his hit on Jayce Hawryluk in game 2. Length to be determined. #WHL #yqr
    The steep road gets steeper with Harrison and Zborovskiy out.

Iconwhl

Ouch that's a big blow with Big Serg suspended too... I think a bigger blow then Hilsendager's suspension, plus throw in no Harrison and that makes things very tougher now. I am thinking will be lucky to win 1 game, I hope were not swept back to back years by the Wheat Kings but its kind of shaping up like that again
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

We will win game 3. It will be our only win.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    We will win game 3. It will be our only win.
    You heard it here first folks... that pats will win game 3 I hope your right at make it look like a series for 1 day lol
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Ouch, missing hawryluk, bukarts, klimchuck and waltz.....two dmen playing forward. Going to be a tough game for Bdn tonight
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wapple! Wapple! Wapple! the only reason we won. Good effort liked the physical part but gee the third period has to get better. Same effort and goal tending and we could have a game 6 here. Win game six and all the pressure is on Brandon That's getting ahead .