Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pats v Wheaties round 2

Come on man... Snapshots cannot properly diagnose whether a play is good or bad in this sport. Single pictures don't tell the same story a video does...and a split second never tells the story properly. Someone could omit a different, more damning picture or they could show something borderline but misleading or out of context. You need the whole video or nothing. The game moves so fast and there's are many things to consider. Perceivable intent, size difference, physics of the plays, where the puck is, the initiator of contact, and more.

To me, though, neither of these things in the series deserve suspensions. The league in their progressive pussification likes to throw suspensions around like candy. They dont understand or care that in the playoffs, a suspension should only be in the most dire situations.

But nbody got mcsorley'd or had got stomped on like what Chris Simon did. If sergei and hilsendager and hobbs get three games for their incidents, then clearly there has to be some merit in calling things unbalanced, since provorov or that whiner turncoat duke got zilch in contrast. With hobbs, They didn't determine intent, they didn't consider what pilon was doing...they just throw suspensions when there's an injury no matter how minor. And they had a game deciding 5 min pp on top of that.

One last thing. I know luber is paid to maintain his allegiance ans therefore will say these things...and as people have seen it is very fashionable to lynch those who indict officiating for changing the game...but refs do have a deciding affect. The Hobbs 5 min call by itself cost the pats that game...and the (3) suspension(s) potentially cripples the team for the next game and the series. Never mind the fact that many argue it was unjust.

......You know well enough that People have been saying these things about mccrimmon manipulating and the Wheaties suckering people for years now. And as many of you do, you just get brushed it off as sour grapes. I think eventually you have to contemplate that if almost everybody says the same thing and you receive this complaint decisedly more often, then not everybody is out to lunch...or at the very least it ceases to be an outlandish claim

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Come on man... Snapshots cannot properly diagnose whether a play is good or bad in this sport. Single pictures don't tell the same story a video does...and a split second never tells the story properly. Someone could omit a different, more damning picture or they could show something borderline but misleading or out of context. You need the whole video or nothing. The game moves so fast and there's are many things to consider. Perceivable intent, size difference, physics of the plays, where the puck is, the initiator of contact, and more.

To me, though, neither of these things in the series deserve suspensions. The league in their progressive pussification likes to throw suspensions around like candy. They dont understand or care that in the playoffs, a suspension should only be in the most dire situations.

But nbody got mcsorley'd or had got stomped on like what Chris Simon did. If sergei and hilsendager and hobbs get three games for their incidents, then clearly there has to be some merit in calling things unbalanced, since provorov or that whiner turncoat duke got zilch in contrast. With hobbs, They didn't determine intent, they didn't consider what pilon was doing...they just throw suspensions when there's an injury no matter how minor. And they had a game deciding 5 min pp on top of that.

One last thing. I know luber is paid to maintain his allegiance ans therefore will say these things...and as people have seen it is very fashionable to lynch those who indict officiating for changing the game...but refs do have a deciding affect. The Hobbs 5 min call by itself cost the pats that game...and the (3) suspension(s) potentially cripples the team for the next game and the series. Never mind the fact that many argue it was unjust.

......You know well enough that People have been saying these things about mccrimmon manipulating and the Wheaties suckering people for years now. And as many of you do, you just get brushed it off as sour grapes. I think eventually you have to contemplate that if almost everybody says the same thing and you receive this complaint decisedly more often, then not everybody is out to lunch...or at the very least it ceases to be an outlandish claim
    Right on brother! A friggin breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Right on brother! A friggin breath of fresh air.
    Were the refs to blame for the shorthanded goal against the Pats too?

Quote Originally Posted by Patsies View Post
    Were the refs to blame for the shorthanded goal against the Pats too?
    Geez I don't know I was watching an NHL game and having a late supper. Were they?

I'll check on that ok. Why are you posting here man. your on the wrong link. It's the Brandon Wheat Kings you want.

That comment sounds like something a petulant brat would publish. Which are you? Get back down in your basement, stay off the computer and don't post here until you've done 100 elsewhere like on the Brandon site.

Immature fool.

Geez I don't know I was watching an NHL game and having a late supper. Were they?

I'll check on that ok. Why are you posting here man. your on the wrong link. It's the Brandon Wheat Kings you want.

That comment sounds like something a petulant brat would publish. Which are you? Get back down in your basement, stay off the computer and don't post here until you've done 100 elsewhere like on the Brandon site.

Immature fool.
    Lmao. Pretty sure i can post here. I would go back to the Brandon site but a Pats players parent who runs the site kicks people off who dare speak in a negative light of his boy. Lol. But you guys never talk negatively of opposing players here.

Good series Regina. If Brandon doesn't get their 3 guys back soon, next round will be very difficult. Should be a good battle next year with the Pats.

What could have been, but for suspensions. We were treated two great home games and will enjoy some great battles for 3 years to come. Good luck to you Wheaties. Pats played a gutty game and showed the effort that will be on display in the future.
    Last edited by RWAH; 04-17-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    What could have been, but for suspensions. We were treated two great home games and will enjoy some great battles for 3 years to come. Good luck to you Wheaties. Pats played a gutty game and showed the effort that will be on display in the future.
    When the trades were made at the deadline, a lot of fans didn't think the team would even be able to hold on to a playoff spot. The easily won their first round and then lost in five to the best team in the league. Two of those games went into overtime. The guts and grit they displayed was special. What a difference Hobbs would have made on the PP is something we'll never know. Yes, what could have been.

There will need to be a number of decisions made going forward. It will be interesting to speculate what will be done to move this fabulous group forward even further. Who knows maybe even join Red Deer next year. After this year anything is possible.

9. Default

Great season guys! I'm excited to get season tickets next season and have a greater opinion on the team from a day to day basis. Would you guys think Wapple to be a lock as a 20 year old next year for us? If we're going to be at the top of the mountain in 2 years from now(hypothetically) would it be worth trading him for a younger return and develop a goalie for 2017?

When the trades were made at the deadline, a lot of fans didn't think the team would even be able to hold on to a playoff spot. The easily won their first round and then lost in five to the best team in the league. Two of those games went into overtime. The guts and grit they displayed was special. What a difference Hobbs would have made on the PP is something we'll never know. Yes, what could have been.

There will need to be a number of decisions made going forward. It will be interesting to speculate what will be done to move this fabulous group forward even further. Who knows maybe even join Red Deer next year. After this year anything is possible.
    As an outsider looking at the Pats, I would think Paddock is building the team to peak in 2 years time, no? Also that should be about the same time Brandon takes a step backwards I think.

Watching the Pats for this playoff series, I would think next year they should be a 90 point team. But the Wheat Kings will be just as good next year, if not better than this year. But 2016/17 will be the Pats time to shine.