Thread: 2015/16 Roster Discussion

Default 2015/16 Roster Discussion

Time to turn the page. Rather than battle it out on last season's thread...

Here is how I see it

Top 2 lines
    Bleackley
    Kopeck or Gay
    Musil
    Johnson
    Euro (hopefully)
    Some kid

3rd line
    Polei
    Pawlenchuk
    Dewit/some kid/Pratt (only bc supposedly he's really good)

4th line
    Johnson
    Dewit
    Adamson/Pratt/Nell

D
    Fleury
    Doetzel
    Nogier
    Bobyk
    Mahura
    Strand
    kid/some guy

G
    Toth
    Burman

Prediction: Central crown and a meeting with the Wheat Kings in the conf final. 2016 Memorial Cup Champs!!

The Rebels should have a better start next season, for no other reason than they won't be starting the season with two relatively green goaltenders. I would be extremely shocked if Nell is even here for the start of training camp, much less skating a regular shift on the fourth line. I think the 'some kid' that you have in the top two lines, will be Polei or Pawlenchuk, or the second import that they select.

Being the Memorial Cup hosts could also draw attention from an NCAA defector or two. So much is going to change this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    The Rebels should have a better start next season, for no other reason than they won't be starting the season with two relatively green goaltenders. I would be extremely shocked if Nell is even here for the start of training camp, much less skating a regular shift on the fourth line. I think the 'some kid' that you have in the top two lines, will be Polei or Pawlenchuk, or the second import that they select.

Being the Memorial Cup hosts could also draw attention from an NCAA defector or two. So much is going to change this summer.
    I should clarify that "some kid" would be a player they should acquire either this summer or early next season. While Pawlenchuk or Polei could fit there on the interim, I would like to see those players remain third liners, would really soldify the depth.

Could be right with Nell. Just looks like one of those players that doesnt fit.

Regarding the euro, I rmbr Brandon in 2010 drafted two players, and they were one year guys. Maybe they break from the normal euro situation, where teams pick a younger guy that "grows" with the team. Draft 2 this summer, and 2 again next summer haha. Mem cup hosts always seem to have decent euros for whatever reason, so i'll be the optimist!

Well Austin Pratt in now in the fold a huge pick up by the Rebs. He was the piece that allowed them to trade Jake Leschyshn (even though getting Gay was not a great pick up) but we did get a first and second round pick in that trade. Lots of nice pieces going forward. Here is a interview with Brent introducing Pratt to the media.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b
    Last edited by Red celtic; 04-11-2015 at 01:20 PM.