Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Off Season 2015

The comments posted by Fight Guy and S-A-J are pretty much spot on. I too would agree if any forwards are on the bubble Kroeker and McAmmond may be the two. At 6'3" and 6'1" the question that lingers is are we prepared to replace them with 5'8" - 5'9" guys?

One of the mandates a couple years back was to get bigger, and I don't know how that would fit into that. One thing I do know is that year after year Medicine Hat goes with these small lineups up front. They have great regular seasons but falter in most playoffs.

Kroeker has been a late bloomer but big scorer at his past levels. I would hate to see him go elsewhere and start lighting it up at 18 like Brooks did!!. McAmmond started to show some flashes and he would be back as an 18 year old. I just don't know what to think.

They often say you can teach most everything, but you can't teach size. If Paddock doesn't do much with his lineup the downside is some good players may not be able to crack the lineup. It's like being a victim of his own riches and could mean trading off prospects.

Paddock alluded to the need for "enhancing" his lineup obviously with 19 year olds. What does that do to the current lineup? How will a good import change things (if we ever get a Kalus again)? There are so many moving parts that the off season may be turbulent.

They played Hollett in Victoria and had tried to get him into a 2nd game. They brought him out for the playoffs. Paddock really likes him and I think he is the calibre or better than Skinner in Lethbridge. IMO he will be here as backup unless something odd happens.

All of our d-men are eligible to return. There are at least three more in the wings who are close to ready, not even including Schoiler. If they are looking at adding 19 year old on the back end, the problems get stickier.

There IMO will need to be at least a couple trades made. Since we have few vets, it really only leaves prospects as trade material. McCrimmon does that all the time. It comes with having a plethora of talent and knowing they can't all play for you.

The off season is going to present Paddock with some very tough decisions. They say it's a good kind of problem to have but still guy wrenching for any coach and organization. They may have to say farewell to some blue chip prospects. Like the song "Hurt So Good"

I was hoping to have a top 22 draft list today but may need to wait until tomorrow. If I get them before I leave tomorrow for a vacation, I'll post them. If not you can get them through westernelitehockeyprospects.com They are not always right on, and the order may be off a bit, but it's pretty good and costs 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Get real chopper! The refs cost you the series! You were not going to beat Brandon this year so quite your whining!! What a dumb comment!
    Do you even know the definition of dumb? It's the inability to speak. I know I am able to speak. You on the other hand I'm not sure about. If you are dumb I offer my condolences. So please don't use words you don't know the meaning of because it makes you look dumb

Before you are allowed to post you should be required to know how to read. I stand behind my comment that a crap call cost the Pats game four and it did. I also said that that same call impacted them in game five and it did. Nowhere was there a mention that the refs cost us the series. And the likes of you wants to call my comment dumb? Sheesh!

You've been a real Richard Head in your past posts on this site, and it appears you are back at it again. You've been tuned up here and you will be again. I have no idea why you would think any Pats fans would want to hear anything you have to say. This link is for Pats fans to discuss their team. You're clearly not a Pats fan. Our standards are much higher starting with the ability to read. We certainly don't need or want the likes of you. If you need to misread and paraphrase improperly to stoke your ego and incompetence, please go elsewhere. You won't be missed.

The one area that the Pats really need to get better on is the Power Play. That is where I can see the smaller guys like Woods and Ossman get a look. Especially Woods. He is lights out on the Pat C's PP.

There is an upside to both Kroeker and McAmmond. McAmmond is the more physical of the two and can play 3rd and 4th line minutes. Kroeker is a little different (at least in my eyes). The kid has some good hockey IQ. Position play is good, rarely on the wrong side of the puck. He just needs to get bigger and stronger for the battles. Last year was a big adjustment year for Kroeker, I would expect he will be better next year.

Hobbs suspension was for one game.

Hey guys I have a list of the draft picks for the upcoming bantam draft. I'm unable to cut and paste. If someone wants to message me I can arrange to forward to you. I'm heading out shortly.

Default Chopper

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Do you even know the definition of dumb? It's the inability to speak. I know I am able to speak. You on the other hand I'm not sure about. If you are dumb I offer my condolences. So please don't use words you don't know the meaning of because it makes you look dumb

Before you are allowed to post you should be required to know how to read. I stand behind my comment that a crap call cost the Pats game four and it did. I also said that that same call impacted them in game five and it did. Nowhere was there a mention that the refs cost us the series. And the likes of you wants to call my comment dumb? Sheesh!

You've been a real Richard Head in your past posts on this site, and it appears you are back at it again. You've been tuned up here and you will be again. I have no idea why you would think any Pats fans would want to hear anything you have to say. This link is for Pats fans to discuss their team. You're clearly not a Pats fan. Our standards are much higher starting with the ability to read. We certainly don't need or want the likes of you. If you need to misread and paraphrase improperly to stoke your ego and incompetence, please go elsewhere. You won't be missed.
    Your standards are much higher? Who are you trying to kid? I cannot help myself and avoid this horse---- that comes from your fertile imagination. Nuff said, the pissing contest is over. Book your tee time and spare us your drivel.

you should really just pick up on the hints and get out of here. Nobody wants to hear from a sore winner, especially one who acts like developing an ass groove in the stands somehow has something to do with your team's success.

if we ever decide to make a thread about our favorite mascots, then perhaps there, your input would be welcomed. But this is a thread about the pats offseason. And even if you were willing to add, you are basically the "steven" of Brandon fans, anyways.

Id say the top three lines are decided, barring any unanticipated trades.

Though I think we keep more than the minimum amount of forwards. Cooper and Brooks are our lone senior players...for now. They will be here. Steel and Smith are our only guaranteed '98s, and main core players, though many other ones will clamor for a spot. I doubt we put an underage player in the playoffs for nothing, so id imagine Leschyshyn stays too. We also have a glut of '97 forwards and should almost certainly move one or two of them in favor of either upcoming youth, or more seasoned players to lead the team. Wagner is our cream of the age group crop so he stays, Gabrielle was recently acquired and complements the rest so he stays too, and Cole stays as he is our resident garrett mitchell.

Plus we will likely get a euro. Bit of a wildcard but we will be better by adding one. Maybe a 19 year old...or maybe a 17? If we add another 18 year old, it stands to reason he bumps one of our already plenty 18 year old forwards.

The rest are on the bubble...well in my opinion. Berg is worth more to the team than he is on a trade market. And has more to show than we have seen so far. But he is hardly a core player. McAmmond is a big boy on a team that needs grit and has more skill than we were shown, but he is replaceable. Kroeker has his positives but I don't think he will get much of a chance on this team to show anything, and I could certainly see a rookie filling his role without trouble. He is probably gone unless he blows people away, since the guys looking to make the team can do what he does. I think with the exception of the new top prospect Leschyshyn, who seems to already be here, Gardiner is the first 16 year old to make the team. I sort of want to see what Haden can do, watching on the streams, he is extremely dangerous offensively as a 15 vs 16/17 year olds but I think he needs to work on all facets of the game, perhaps in Junior A. He is a little small, and a non factor defensively. Given the quantity of youth competing for a spot, we can probably afford to give Haden more ice time somewhere else. The rest of that '99 draft class likely isnt ready yet, and neither is this Ossman kid. Id like to see him put up the same numbers in a more competitive league before he suits up here.

Woods could be the last guy to grab a spot. He is dynamite on the powerplay, and a local kid to boot. Either him or Elmer who seems to have all the right tools. I could see us moving a roster player to make room for both of these guys if they both show what they can do. Many Guns would be a fan favorite here. If he can keep up with the play, Id like to see us give him a chance, though a player of his type wont be stifled by another year in yet another better league. And I also still see a chance for Zimmer to crack the squad(assuming we still hold his rights). Going PPG in Manitoba Junior A is nothing to sneeze at, and I seriously doubt Kroeker or McAmmond could do that. Berg didn't, though he was on a worse team, and I think Berg is the type of player to adjust easier to a more competitive league.

Defence, though, is largely unchanged. Williams is our full time go-to #1 D. Hobbs is the heir apparent, Z is a top four, and Hilsendager and Harrison are depth. I could see one of the forwards above being moved for another 19 year old D to eat some minutes, and take the pressure off the rest. I think its better than adding three more mortlocks like the last ownership would've suggested.

As I previously mentioned Krushen's spot isn't cemented in my mind. Theres him, Poutreau, Bruce/Ewert, Freadrich, and of course Schioler(if he shows up) competing.

1. Ty Smith (D) Delta Hockey Academy 5'10-155 16g 9-19-28 14pim
    2. Riley Stotts (F) Wpg Monarchs 5'10-150 31g 39-29-68 40pim
    3. Jett Woo (D) Wpg Warriors 5'11-190 31g 10-27-37 30pim
    4. Luca Burzan (F) NSWC 6'0-170 52g 65-43-108
    5. Jackson Leppard (F) NSWC 6'1-180 51g 37-38-75
    6. Cole Fonstad (F) Estevan Bruins 5'9-135 29g 36-31-67 42pim
    7. Calen Addison (D) Brandon AAA 5'8-156 27g 39-28-67 42pim
    8. Ethan Cap (D) NSWC 6'2-195 54g 7-24-31
    9. Carson Focht (F) Notre Dame AA 5'9-154 35g 35-29-64 56pim
    10. Caiden Daley (F) Wpg Warriors 5'11-147 32g 23-38-61 30pim
    11. Tyler Popowich OHA 6'4-190 13g 7-8-15 23pim
    12. Jonathon Tychonick (D) Calgary FamesAAA 5'9-150 33g 20-38-58 78pim
    13. Koby Morriseau (F) Parkland rangers Wpg 6'1-168 29g 38-19-57 79pim
    14. Carson Miller (F) Yorkton AA 5'9-160 31g 49-58-107 54pim
    15. Tristan Nielsen (F) Edge Mountaineers 5'9-163 15g 15-6-21 45pim
    16. Mictchell Prowse (D) OHA 6'1-180 16g 0-5-5 45pim
    17. Loeden Schaufler (D) Notre DameAA 5'11-160 35g 10-22-32 22pim
    18. Jackson Shepard (F) NSWC 5'7-150 51g 27-68-95
    19. Austin Chorney (D) Edge Mounyaineers 5'11-186 15g 1-4-5
    20. Chase Wouters (F) Lloydminster Heat 5'10-165 32g 19-38-57 46pim
    21. Ryan Chyzowski (F) KamloopsAAA 5'11-175 6g 9-2-11 8pim
    22. Matt Mosher (F) Delta Hockey Ac 5'11-175 16g 10-2-12 27pim
    23. Spencer Moe (F) Calgary Bisons 5'6-155 27g 31-21-52 33pim
    24. Luke Zazula (D) Delta Hockey Ac 5'8-145 15g 2-9-11 39pim
    25. Donovan Buskey (G) NSWC
    26. Dawson Barteaux (D) Yellowhead Chiefs 6'0-156 26g 7-17-24 16pim
    27. Kabir Gill (F) NSWC 6'1-195 53g 19-46-65
    28. Paycen Bjorklund (F) Grande Prairie Storm 5'10-150 23g 37-18-55 12pim
    29. Sean Comrie (D) Edmonton CAC 6'0-165 30g 11-11-22 44pim
    30. Payton McIsaac (D) Fort Saskatchewan 5'10-165 33g 11-34-45 26pim

These are the top 30 I compiled from one list I get. The exact positioning will vary as to team needs. Some will fall off as well. This info has been pretty good in the past. They will be perhaps 75 per cent accurate. In some cases PIM's was not given. I can't say the stats are exact but they should be pretty close.

NSWC means North Shore Winter Club.

It would be nice to get Carson Focht (a local boy), but I don't think he will be around when the Pats pick.

Based on the reading I've been able to do I am quite intrigued with (21) Ryan Chyzowski who had in 11 points in 6 games this year. He was hurt but is a big time offensive player with good size and scoring at a rate of nearly 2 pts per game. Next would be (11) Tyler Popowich @ 6'4" who had a short season but had 15 pts in 13 games. Big kid with high end skill. I doubt Popowich will be available to us.