Thread: Blades acquire Connor Gay from Rebels..

Default Blades acquire Connor Gay from Rebels..

for the Raiders 3rd round pick.

He did well in Regina but didn't put as many points up in Red Deer for whatever reason.

See how this turns out

Conner Gay is a pretty skilled forward. Works hard and has pretty good hands around the net. Good guy in the dressing room. He will help the Blades.

Not a great skater and doesn't really compete along the boards.

Gay is alright .. maybe mid of road 20 year old. but there was good players left with that pick. makes no sense to deal it. imo

I'm still on the fence still with the trade but the Blades wanna make the playoffs and they clearly needed better 20's. Gay will boost the team up front. If he has the type of season he had before he got traded to Red Deer then the deal should work out fine.

If the Blades didn't have another 3rd round pick, I doubt the trade would've been made and if it had, I'd be against it.

Blades are picking a lot of players that wore a letter with their bantam team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I'm still on the fence still with the trade but the Blades wanna make the playoffs and they clearly needed better 20's. Gay will boost the team up front. If he has the type of season he had before he got traded to Red Deer then the deal should work out fine.

If the Blades didn't have another 3rd round pick, I doubt the trade would've been made and if it had, I'd be against it.

Blades are picking a lot of players that wore a letter with their bantam team.
    They also passed on 5 really good kids from Yorkton. Miller, Taphorn twins, Kemp, and Perpeluk. I'm not suggesting they are being bias towards Alberta, but I thought for sure 1 or 2 of those names would be listed on the Blades website as future Blades prospects at days end. Time will tell I guess whether they made the right decision.

If he plays like he did in Regina, think it's a good move. Can play on line with Hebig & Graham, they can work the corners & Gay just focus on scoring. Possible him & Graham could be moved at deadline too, if this season goes bad. Or pull a Regina, make some moves & still slide into the playoffs! Graham would fetch a really good return.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    They also passed on 5 really good kids from Yorkton. Miller, Taphorn twins, Kemp, and Perpeluk. I'm not suggesting they are being bias towards Alberta, but I thought for sure 1 or 2 of those names would be listed on the Blades website as future Blades prospects at days end. Time will tell I guess whether they made the right decision.
    I've heard that the scouting staff was not impressed with sask prospects! Found them to be weak & more of AA or 2nd tier talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    I've heard that the scouting staff was not impressed with sask prospects! Found them to be weak & more of AA or 2nd tier talent.
    Then they are much, much, smarter than I am I guess. Lol

Truth be told, I only saw the one game here in Warman, but they all looked terrific.

It really seems to me that the team is focusing on players that are not only good skill wise but good character kids as well. Most of the Blades picks so far if not all of them were leaders on their teams, they were either a captain or an assistant but also put up good stats to.

So far the picks look pretty decent. As for the Saskatchewan players being passed over, the Blades maybe saw things they didn't like.

For me I don't care to much about where the player is from, long as he comes and does well and is good off the ice, thats all i look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    It really seems to me that the team is focusing on players that are not only good skill wise but good character kids as well. Most of the Blades picks so far if not all of them were leaders on their teams, they were either a captain or an assistant but also put up good stats to.

So far the picks look pretty decent. As for the Saskatchewan players being passed over, the Blades maybe saw things they didn't like.

For me I don't care to much about where the player is from, long as he comes and does well and is good off the ice, thats all i look for.
    I agree with you said. Just seems werid to have so many Alberta kids. For a team that has scouts everywhere, you would think there would have been more earlier picks outside of Alta.