Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CANES 2015-16 SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    The team is truly great to watch. Pursuit, commitment, support all the buzz words. Am enjoying the renaissance. However, the elephant in the room is the uncanny knack of the board to budget on unrealistic revenues and come up short. Despite losing 400 k last year on a 2.7 mil budget, they up the budget to over 2.8 and project a profit. After the current home games with a winning record we are 1400 or so fans off of breaking even. Bad news. With a city councilor on the board the taxpayers should we get ready for the usual barrage of x # of dollars of value to the community, major (only) tenant at the Enmax and pocket digging. With other small market teams budgets around 2 mil why are we at 2.8. This may go to the grave but the facts are the facts.
    Just an add in. We may think we are New York but we are closer to Kootnay and Swift than we think.

I realize I am probably out of my mind here and just overly excited about the start that the Lethbridge Hurricanes have had but something came to mind regarding the winning percentage of all the teams in the CHL.

86.4 - Erie Otters*
    86.4 - Kitchener Rangers*
    84.4 - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies*
    81.8 - Brandon Wheat Kings*
    81.8 - London Knights*
    80.0 - Lethbridge Hurricanes
    79.2 - Prince Albert Raiders*
    78.4 - Shawinigan Cataractes*
    75.0 - Kingston Frontenacs

Those with an asterisk were listed last week in the CHL Top 10. Now I may be crazy but what are the chances that Lethbridge could catapult into the Top 10 for the first in many, many years? Minimally they should earn an honorable mention.

Who could have seen that coming?

Default couldn't care a less...............

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    I realize I am probably out of my mind here and just overly excited about the start that the Lethbridge Hurricanes have had but something came to mind regarding the winning percentage of all the teams in the CHL.

86.4 - Erie Otters*
    86.4 - Kitchener Rangers*
    84.4 - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies*
    81.8 - Brandon Wheat Kings*
    81.8 - London Knights*
    80.0 - Lethbridge Hurricanes
    79.2 - Prince Albert Raiders*
    78.4 - Shawinigan Cataractes*
    75.0 - Kingston Frontenacs

Those with an asterisk were listed last week in the CHL Top 10. Now I may be crazy but what are the chances that Lethbridge could catapult into the Top 10 for the first in many, many years? Minimally they should earn an honorable mention.

Who could have seen that coming?

just very happy that this team has turned thing around for the better up to this point...that game on Friday was something I have not seen in years.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Western road trip will be a good test

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    just very happy that this team has turned thing around for the better up to this point...that game on Friday was something I have not seen in years.....
    Comes at a good time. Team left on a high which will help. Five games in seven days on the road against some very good teams. Wins or losses aside they should be a stronger team when they get back
    I for one can not believe the turnaround. It's even more enjoyable going to the games now
    Still too early to start building a Brett Kisio statue

I've already started the Anholt statue though

Default wow............

Quote Originally Posted by Canefollower View Post
    Comes at a good time. Team left on a high which will help. Five games in seven days on the road against some very good teams. Wins or losses aside they should be a stronger team when they get back
    I for one can not believe the turnaround. It's even more enjoyable going to the games now
    Still too early to start building a Brett Kisio statue

I've already started the Anholt statue though

cant believe how well this team is playing up to this point..great job boys, keep it going down the stretch...ps.........Canefollower if you need help on the anholt statue let me know.....................
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Lethbridge Hurricanes in CHL Top Ten Rankings

Can I be the first to post this. Great job guys. Great job coaches. Great job everyone

Default Berehowski 2015 record

Quote Originally Posted by Canefollower View Post
    Can I be the first to post this. Great job guys. Great job coaches. Great job everyone
    Just a side note ; I see Drake Berehowski's Sudbury Wolves are second last in the OHL with a record of 5 13 and 1 for 11 points. Nothing like being consistent there Drake. He's defence coach with 86 GA and 49 GF. Must be because players aren't buying into the "system" Not too late for a career change Drake.

That Berehowsky should stick to stats and throw in the towel on coaching. I am still surprised he was even given this opportunity with Sudbury but I can't see him ever getting another one is the Wolves' defensive numbers continue as they are.