Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CANES 2015-16 SEASON

Default CANES 2015-16 SEASON

I know it is the dog days of a wicked hot summer but training camps begins in about 3 weeks. So I think it is time to start the chit chat about the Canes 2015-16 season. I will go out on a limb and say the Canes will make the playoffs for the first time in what feels like forever.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Stuart Skinner did not make the Under-18 Team Canada

June 2015 …. “Hurricanes netminder Stuart Skinner is the only player from last year’s ‘Canes roster to attend a Hockey Canada camp. The 16-year-old will partake in the Under-18 Selection Camp for the 2015 Ivan Hlinka tournament. Skinner is one of four goaltenders to attend the camp.”

Stuart Skinner did not make the Under-18 Team Canada for the 2015 Ivan Hlinka tournament. Everett’s Carter Hart ( G L 6’0.5” 177 08/13/1998 ) is one of the 2 goalies selected for the team.

Not really all that surprising but definitely disappointing for Canes fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I know it is the dog days of a wicked hot summer but training camps begins in about 3 weeks. So I think it is time to start the chit chat about the Canes 2015-16 season. I will go out on a limb and say the Canes will make the playoffs for the first time in what feels like forever.

I agree.....something tells me that thing are about to change for the better with the hiring of the new crew. I like the trades peter has made bring in the lunch pale crew of 20's and signing players like bellerive .. couple that with kisio a young modern coach who from what ive heard is a great teacher with young players and even more so a defensive minded guy.....cant wait for training camp, for the first time in a long while I have a good feeling about what the future holds for our canes.............
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post

Didn't Anholt say previously that the Canes were planning on holding a rookie camp this year for the first time as well? Could be seeing some hockey action even earlier than 3 weeks!

Cautiously optimistic for this season. Pieces seem to be lining up, but I'm still not 100% confident in our defense... We'll wait and see I guess. Interested to see how Kisio does behind the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    Didn't Anholt say previously that the Canes were planning on holding a rookie camp this year for the first time as well? Could be seeing some hockey action even earlier than 3 weeks!

Cautiously optimistic for this season. Pieces seem to be lining up, but I'm still not 100% confident in our defense... We'll wait and see I guess. Interested to see how Kisio does behind the bench.

I've heard or read somewhere that rookie camp starts August 26th.... I think that is just a few days before Main Camp. Will be nice to see the youngsters out there. Defense will be tough this year, but hopefully some of the new young kids will be able to step up and get a shot to play which will only help Canes in a few years.

Not sure if Playoffs will be in the mix, but hopefully a few more Ws on the board

I think it was great that the Canes held a rookie camp before the main camp. It just makes sense to let these nervous raw rookies get a feel for things without getting intimidated by the veterans. After 3 days of rookie camp these kids will be much more confident and show their true value when main camp starts. To put it another way, it would be stupid, shortsighted and na´ve not to hold a rookie camp. Kudos to Anholt and Kisio.

I heard some camp info from Shushu (thanks for that Shu) a few days ago, but does anyone want to give us their opinion on what went on at camp so far? How is Bellerive and our other #2 pick, Calen Addison doing so far? Any surprises from players?

Has anyone heard what happened to Ethan King or Carter Folk? Both started at rookie and main camp respectively but now they aren't listed anywhere and no word on them being cut. Injured?

Default main camp....................

Has anyone heard what happened to Ethan King or Carter Folk? Both started at rookie and main camp respectively but now they aren't listed anywhere and no word on them being cut. Injured?
    carter was in the building tonight with zane jones..more than likely a healthy scratch...and that goes the same or ethan...............
    GO CANES GO.................

There are a lot of "rosters and information" floating around. Rookie Camp, Main Camp, Red/White game and now a list of cuts and who remains etc. There is probably some errors and omissions on these lists.

From what I can see, Ethan King was on the rookie roster but not the main camp list. He also is not listed today as cut or moving on? Koletrane Wilson and Folk were on the main camp roster but now they do not appear on the cut/made it list either?

Probably just some misinformation for now.

The Canes have changed the list and Folk is on it now but no word on King or Wilson.