Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CANES 2015-16 SEASON

Default my 2 cents....................

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I think it was great that the Canes held a rookie camp before the main camp. It just makes sense to let these nervous raw rookies get a feel for things without getting intimidated by the veterans. After 3 days of rookie camp these kids will be much more confident and show their true value when main camp starts. To put it another way, it would be stupid, shortsighted and na´ve not to hold a rookie camp. Kudos to Anholt and Kisio.

I heard some camp info from Shushu (thanks for that Shu) a few days ago, but does anyone want to give us their opinion on what went on at camp so far? How is Bellerive and our other #2 pick, Calen Addison doing so far? Any surprises from players?
    when it comes to the youngsters tarzwell ,Addison and Setoguchi look good enough to make the team this year. the Russian kids is fast and has a great scoring touch his comrade is a monster, big but not flashy just a type of dman that keeps it simple and takes care of his own end first....bellerive and franklin don't look out of place but neither do they shine...not *****ing about them just saying they need time to adjust to this league..i like the line of Millette, Babenko and Gutierrez, they compliment each other well.....at the end of the day tarzwell and Addison just shine on the ice............
    GO CANES GO.................

Pilon quits again..."once a quitter, always a quitter", apparently has lost the desire to play the game? What a joke! Guess McCrimmon wasn't so smart after all...LOL
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Default personal problems................

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    Pilon quits again..."once a quitter, always a quitter", apparently has lost the desire to play the game? What a joke! Guess McCrimmon wasn't so smart after all...LOL
    it a hard road sometimes....I wish him the best.......

With the Canes playing Speedy Creek tonight it makes me think back to that questionable trade this summer. Kade Jensen to Swift Current for a 4th round pick in 2018. I thought Jenson was worth quite a bit more than that. A 6'3" 200 pounder who is already going into his 3rd year in the WHL at only 18 years old with some offensive skill. He was listed by NHL Central Scouting and from what I have heard, is an invite to Blackhawks camp. To give him away for what is virtually a bag of pucks (4th rd in 2018) seemed odd.

I listened to an interview with Jenson by the Swifty broadcaster and he says his brother and cousins live in Swift Current, and his family is nearby. Did he ask to get traded? Even if so, he was worth more than a middling pick who won't play here until like 2020 or later.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Looks like Austin Lotz (Everett) will become available, with weak defence this season, goalies will again likely have a lot of work this season? Lotz/Skinner tandem would probably produce better results than Sittler/Atwal, this would allow another young dman to get some valuable experience for the coming years as lets face it, we will not be contenders this season anyway. We should grab him before McCrimmon does...
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Default Crickets

Work schedule has kept me away from the rink but every night grab my iPad and check the forum for some fan related insight. What do I get. Crickets. Nothing but crickets. No posts
    What happened? So far we've played a top ranked team twice, a memorial cup finalist last year and a memorial cup team host this year and Kootney and they're 3 and 2. Nobody have anything to say.
    Ice a poor team and the forum is alive with everyone wanting any player wearing a cane jersey to be traded or cut. Anybody with a key to the office to be fired. Boycott the games. Sacrifice a maiden. You name it
    Put a decent team out there and nothing. Crickets. Come on guys. Thank goodness we have Brock
    Let's hope you are all at the game and that's the reason for no posts. Sounds like there's some good hockey to be watched right here in Lethbridge

Default great hockey................

Quote Originally Posted by Canefollower View Post
    Work schedule has kept me away from the rink but every night grab my iPad and check the forum for some fan related insight. What do I get. Crickets. Nothing but crickets. No posts
    What happened? So far we've played a top ranked team twice, a memorial cup finalist last year and a memorial cup team host this year and Kootney and they're 3 and 2. Nobody have anything to say.
    Ice a poor team and the forum is alive with everyone wanting any player wearing a cane jersey to be traded or cut. Anybody with a key to the office to be fired. Boycott the games. Sacrifice a maiden. You name it
    Put a decent team out there and nothing. Crickets. Come on guys. Thank goodness we have Brock
    Let's hope you are all at the game and that's the reason for no posts. Sounds like there's some good hockey to be watched right here in Lethbridge
    it just seem that the crew around here plans on taking this fight to the grave..which is to bad because this game tonight was the best thing ive seen since the boychuck days, they totally dismantled the tigs tonight................their loss not mine...................

The team is truly great to watch. Pursuit, commitment, support all the buzz words. Am enjoying the renaissance. However, the elephant in the room is the uncanny knack of the board to budget on unrealistic revenues and come up short. Despite losing 400 k last year on a 2.7 mil budget, they up the budget to over 2.8 and project a profit. After the current home games with a winning record we are 1400 or so fans off of breaking even. Bad news. With a city councilor on the board the taxpayers should we get ready for the usual barrage of x # of dollars of value to the community, major (only) tenant at the Enmax and pocket digging. With other small market teams budgets around 2 mil why are we at 2.8. This may go to the grave but the facts are the facts.

Just a hunch. Canes are going to spank the Pat's tonight and Skinner will shine! Glad it is on Shaw as I can't make the game.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

It is fun to go to the rink again. It has been awhile since we have been able to say that. The players are truly giving it everything they have and are being handsomely rewarded. I hope the fans start coming back. We have been a bit lonely in our section the last few years and Lethbridge should see what they are missing.