Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Raiders updated prospect stats

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    With the season over the Raiders will have a for sure top 3 pick in the bantam draft !!!!!Given the circumstances , would the Raiders ever trade down to maybe pick up a 20 year old ? Example ..... Kamloops picks 5 th overall and Logan Stankoven (who is from Kamloops )is suppose to go top 3. Do you trade raiders pick for the 5 th ? Maybe pick up a 20 year old from Kamloops and then select another prospect? Just a thought !
    Which 20yr olds are you going to get rid of first....Monty....Mcdonald...Budik or Meger? I think our 20's may already be in place....maybe a couple of 18yr olds instead? We need to be top 3 in our division next year...looks like we have lots of youth coming up with Ghule, Weisblat, Saleski, Herold to name a few with maybe a suprise out there? Reverse could be true if we want a special player and move up in the draft like Brandon and Kelowna did last year...leap frogging past us and getting a guy like Schneider for instance...

  2. #32

    Default

    As long as McDonald returns, which after seeing him play since the deadline isn't much doubt. He is good, and will be on our first line next year- but will be a slight drop from Stallard IMO. From what I heard from Hunt at the season ticket holders breakfast last month, Budik will be welcomed back as a 20 if it were up to him. And Monty has earned a overage spot despite his cement hands, he brings more than scoring. I don't see Meger back as we need to bring up a younger goalie to follow when Scott is done.
    Next season and the year after will be the years the Raiders have to make a push for the top. PG's loss last night locked them into 2nd last overall in the dub, That gives us a legitimate chance at first overall pick this spring (again). I am pretty sure Brandon is really looking at Lambos, the top rated player as far as I know.
    I can see PA doing a big trade with Brandon,(if we win the draft lottery) especially since the WKs will be looking to add to their D, a position we will be heavy on.
    Swap 1st picks, PA sends one of our 19 D, in return we get a guy such as Burzan and a bonus 2nd round pick. Of course this is total speculation, more something I would like to see.
    Whatever happens in the lottery, I think we need a high end forward added, our D is looking good for the next few seasons considering Guhle and Herold should be locks for spots next year.
    Next year our first line will be great - Kelly, Fonstad and Mac. But our second line is missing skill - Leason, Monty, Moe??? Depending on his progression, maybe Nauch moves up.
    Miller has disappointed this year, big drop in production, could see him being moved. Or maybe he has a huge comeback as an 18.

  3. #33

    Default

    We may need a goaltender to compliment Scott...don't know what our drafts are like. We have lots of youth coming up and will have to keep a bigger roster next year I am guessing. The playoffs will show where we need to improve, as everyone needs to contribute 100%.

  4. #34

    Default

    We have Balas - although I know absolutely nothing about him. Hopefully he is good enough to be a back up for Scott. I don't think running with a 19 and 20 in net is the best move, especially when the 19 is the starter.

  5. #35

    Default

    Yes Quinn Olson was there and was very good. He could easily play 2nd line if he would sign here

  6. #36

    Default

    I think we will find the lines similar to this
    Fonstad Mac Kelly
    Euro 20 Leason
    Nach Monty Moe
    Pearce Miller Krivokrasov
    Olson Brook Saleski Wiesblatt
    Lots of peices that need to be moved..
    Guhle - Pachal
    Sapego - Hayes
    Herold - Martin - Belcourt - Masella

    Again peices to move. Balas is a no brainer to backup Scott next year

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Brandon
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Next season and the year after will be the years the Raiders have to make a push for the top. PG's loss last night locked them into 2nd last overall in the dub, That gives us a legitimate chance at first overall pick this spring (again). I am pretty sure Brandon is really looking at Lambos, the top rated player as far as I know.
    I can see PA doing a big trade with Brandon,(if we win the draft lottery) especially since the WKs will be looking to add to their D, a position we will be heavy on.
    Swap 1st picks, PA sends one of our 19 D, in return we get a guy such as Burzan and a bonus 2nd round pick. Of course this is total speculation, more something I would like to see.
    Whatever happens in the lottery, I think we need a high end forward added, our D is looking good for the next few seasons considering Guhle and Herold should be locks for spots next year.
    Probably no question that BDN is looking at Lambos, his brother came over in a trade earlier on this year. That's unlikley to be a mistake.

    As a BDN fan I will be furious if Burzan is moved. He's amazing. Considering they moved two fan favorites, I think they would have a hard time selling that Burzan was just a throw in pick. He's played important minutes from the get go. Had a monster game on Saturday with 2 Goals, and then the winning shoot out goal on top of those.

    Pretty sure they know what they have. They have enough draft equity to trade picks for players that aren't fitting into other teams plans, they don't need to trade away the future.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    Probably no question that BDN is looking at Lambos, his brother came over in a trade earlier on this year. That's unlikley to be a mistake.

    As a BDN fan I will be furious if Burzan is moved. He's amazing. Considering they moved two fan favorites, I think they would have a hard time selling that Burzan was just a throw in pick. He's played important minutes from the get go. Had a monster game on Saturday with 2 Goals, and then the winning shoot out goal on top of those.

    Pretty sure they know what they have. They have enough draft equity to trade picks for players that aren't fitting into other teams plans, they don't need to trade away the future.
    As a Raider fan I would be choked if the Raiders traded away our potential 1st rd pick for Burzan...even a 3rd overall is way too much to pay. I would trade first overall pick to Brandon for their 1st and Burzan possibly....Brandon won't rape us on another trade going forward...."I hope"....!

  9. #39

    Default

    If Brandon wants Lambos that bad they have to pony up and pay the piper. In my mind the Raiders would have to ask for Schneider and/or Burzan in the package that would obviously have a few more moving parts and picks but the conversation has to begin with those names. If not, then you take Lambos. If the Raiders end up with the top pick they control the situation. It’d be nice to see back to back top picks on the blue line for a few years together.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    As a Raider fan I would be choked if the Raiders traded away our potential 1st rd pick for Burzan...even a 3rd overall is way too much to pay. I would trade first overall pick to Brandon for their 1st and Burzan possibly....Brandon won't rape us on another trade going forward...."I hope"....!
    The trade I suggested was trading 1st round picks (if we win the lottery), plus we get Burzan and one of Brandons 2nd round picks- and we send perhaps Martin to Brandon. By no means would I give up 1st overall for Burzan. He has potential but he is nowhere near Fonstad (same age).
    If we get 1st overall and Brandon doesn't want to play, then take Lambos - as long as he verbally commits to sign. With Lambos and Guhle PA could potentially have the 2 best Dmen in the league in a few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •