Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Famous last words.....

Default Famous last words.....

The only issue that the Hurricanes have is god awful leadership on and off the ice. Anholdt is better than what we have but is still a bottom 5 GM in the league. His past results have been pretty terrible and his time in Lethbridge only look good in comparision to the garbage that we have had in Preston and Robson. He is not close to being good enough to create the kind of team to overcome the morons on the board and make the team a success.

With Anholt's recent, much-deserved accolades being announced, I was trying to remember something that was posted by our resident ray-of-sunshine, Mr. Moon. I found it humorous that he managed to get it right....really right! How correct he was that this team could not possibly have any success, because of his "not being close to good enough". Well done, Moon, I, as always, will consider your opinion as close to gospel truth as exists.
    Better to be smarter than you look than to look smarter than you are....

Default black is black..........

Quote Originally Posted by TooLoud View Post
    The only issue that the Hurricanes have is god awful leadership on and off the ice. Anholdt is better than what we have but is still a bottom 5 GM in the league. His past results have been pretty terrible and his time in Lethbridge only look good in comparision to the garbage that we have had in Preston and Robson. He is not close to being good enough to create the kind of team to overcome the morons on the board and make the team a success.

With Anholt's recent, much-deserved accolades being announced, I was trying to remember something that was posted by our resident ray-of-sunshine, Mr. Moon. I found it humorous that he managed to get it right....really right! How correct he was that this team could not possibly have any success, because of his "not being close to good enough". Well done, Moon, I, as always, will consider your opinion as close to gospel truth as exists.
    there is a lot of fans that will never let go of this teams past, never let go about a day they were treated badly at the canes front desk..the staff should come over to their house and cut their lawn for a year to make them feel better..bla bla bla, whatever... I use to sit with a person that still will not come to the games until this team is sold to private ownership...after the year us fans were treated with, I have no beef with anyone...the way I look at it is we have a good gm in place, we have a good young coach that can grow with the young players we have and finally we have players that want to play in Lethbridge..and at the end of the day it all boils down to anholt taking the reigns of this team.......but i'm pretty sure happy go lucky will have something else to say about it...............
    GO CANES GO.................

What Anholt did with the Hurricanes franchise this past 16 months has to rank right up there with any and all of the best performances of any GM in the WHL ever!

I could list 10 or more reason why that statement is true, but I will just let that statement speak for itself.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-12-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    there is a lot of fans that will never let go of this teams past, never let go about a day they were treated badly at the canes front desk..the staff should come over to their house and cut their lawn for a year to make them feel better..bla bla bla, whatever... I use to sit with a person that still will not come to the games until this team is sold to private ownership...after the year us fans were treated with, I have no beef with anyone...the way I look at it is we have a good gm in place, we have a good young coach that can grow with the young players we have and finally we have players that want to play in Lethbridge..and at the end of the day it all boils down to anholt taking the reigns of this team.......but i'm pretty sure happy go lucky will have something else to say about it...............

I have to admit, I have not always been a bastion of positivity when it comes to this team.....one only has to remember the DB days to remember what incompetence, top-to-bottom looks like. HOWEVER......To say that Anholt is anything but a miracle worker is simply not true. It is his fingerprint all over this team, from the talent to the coaches, and I believe it his his vision that provided the excitement and competitiveness of this team. Also, hats off to Paisley et al, for having the foresight to let this guy do what he does, unencumbered, and without the shackles on. I am still not convinced that the business office has the right guy at the helm, but time will tell. I think, that maybe, hopefully, finally, there might be light at the end of the Hurricane tunnel....

Didn't this team just get easily swept in the 1st round of the play-offs?

You are seriously starting a thread to sing the praises of a guy who built a team that got whipped by a 7th place team?

What a miracle worker! What a genius!

Anholdt created what he always has created in the WHL a mediocre to bad team.Go on keep heaping on praises for a crap team while real organizations have actual successes like say winning a round in the play-offs or even just two games against a low seeded team.

The fact that people are coming in here and crowing about a season in which the Canes went out in a blaze of crap in the 1st round shows how low this orgainzation has fallen. If 1st round losses in which the team wasn't close to competitive are now looked to as great accomplishments maybe it isn't just the morons running the team that is the problem but the fanbase that lets them continue to operate with praise for accomplishing jack squat.

Watching the Memorial Cup last night it was interesting to see the following graphic. Most goals scored in the entire CHL.

#1 London ............... 319
    #2 Brandon .............. 319
    #3 LETHBRIDGE ........ 304
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-25-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Didn't this team just get easily swept in the 1st round of the play-offs?

You are seriously starting a thread to sing the praises of a guy who built a team that got whipped by a 7th place team?

What a miracle worker! What a genius!

Anholdt created what he always has created in the WHL a mediocre to bad team.Go on keep heaping on praises for a crap team while real organizations have actual successes like say winning a round in the play-offs or even just two games against a low seeded team.

The fact that people are coming in here and crowing about a season in which the Canes went out in a blaze of crap in the 1st round shows how low this orgainzation has fallen. If 1st round losses in which the team wasn't close to competitive are now looked to as great accomplishments maybe it isn't just the morons running the team that is the problem but the fanbase that lets them continue to operate with praise for accomplishing jack squat.
    I can't say I understand why you hate this group so much, Moon, but your ranting borders on ridiculousness. While I will agree that this team has had struggles, many of which were the board's and management's creations, the Anholt situation is certainly not one of them. I would certainly like to know, in your infinite wisdom, how many teams have done what this group has done. Even making the playoffs with the problems they have had was a pipe dream this year, to finish first in the division was an absolute miracle. It's the guys like you that ***** and moan because they didn't go deep in the playoffs that make me scratch my head in confusion. These guys went from worst to almost first in the league. You are correct, the playoffs were not kind, but really, honestly, you cannot at least, grudgingly, give them some respect for what they accomplished? Very few people gave them even a sniff of a chance of making the playoffs, yet they almost made it to the top. As far as I, and most other casual observers are concerned, this year was a harbinger of the future, what can be done with proper management.

You are right, good teams have "actual" successes, that is they are always competitive. How do they do that? Good coaching, good drafting, and good management. All things that the Hurricanes have, and will have in future years.

And, although I know that you are an all-knowing hockey guy, the real ones, the ones whose opinions are considered and acted upon, decided that for this past year at least, Mr. Anholt was the cream of the crop. They decided that his guidance was the main reason the Hurricanes so dramatically turned things around. And I, for one, think they nailed it.

I would argue to the death your right to have an opinion, even one I don't agree with, but, really, let's get off the Cane-hating train you ride on, and at least give these guys a modicum of respect. And although you clearly don' care for Anholt's MO, at least give him the credit he deserves....even a dyed-in-the-wool "optimist" such as you has to admit that the past year, while not what everyone wanted, was a far cry better than what we have been treated to for the past 7-8

I have never claimed to be an all knowing hockey guy, it doesn't take an all-knowing hockey guy to know that the Canes have been pathetic since Stasiuk and Dyck left. You don't have to be a genius to know that Preston as a HC/GM dual guy was an awful move or that Drake Berehowsky was an awful coach with zero track record to indicate he would be anything other than the absolute train wreck he was.

No these guys don't get an ounce of respect from me because they have done nothing to deserve it.

You are right this past year was better than the past 7-8 but being slightly better than god awful isn't something to celebrate in my books.

Slightly better than god awful isn't something to celebrate in my books ?? Moon, Judging from your posts, I don't think you have any books let alone the ability to read. Every time I read one of your post, the image of you building model airplanes in your mom's poorly ventilated basement comes to mind. Put the model glue down Moon and stay off the internet.

LOL

I don't agree with your viewpoint so you have to resort to petty name calling?

Awesome.

I guess if you have no rebutal then pathetic personal attacks are the way to go.