Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Love this trade . As much I think Crim was one of the greatest gm's in the league or the CHL. This is something he didn't do . They got rid of a prospect that would not report and got something they needed in return .
    I agree.. I love this trade, I am excited that these guys will add size toughness and strength. We don't need offence. I'm excited to see what this baron Thompson brings at 6'5 235 lbs

2. Default

Both Tyler and Baron are listed as RW. That means Duke, Mattheos, T Thompson, B Thompson, Guttenburg, Anholt, White all are RW. Somethings gotta give. Maybe Armstrongs plan is to move Duke and keep Campbell to shore up the left side. Our blueline sure got bigger this summer with Bukac, Timlick, and now Wharrie. Jordan is a stay at home dman so he'll likely pair with Clague.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Confusing reports about this trade. Klessens and Brendon Benoit reported on Royals site as going to the Royals. No indication of this on WK site. Those two going to Victoria in this trade would make sense as the trade now stands the Royals get very little in return. We give up a 3rd round pick ,but get one back??? These 3 guys must have really had no chance to make the Royals as why would you move them with so little in return. The WK must be planning more moved methinks with the addition of these players. One encouraging think is Armstrong would be very familiar with these guys! So he must think they can play, but got caught up in the numbers game in Victoria. Thoughts?
    Update: Klessens and Benoit two unsigned prospects are headed to Royals in the trade. This now makes sense.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-01-2016 at 06:24 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Confusing reports about this trade. Klessens and Brendon Benoit reported on Royals site as going to the Royals. No indication of this on WK site. Those two going to Victoria in this trade would make sense as the trade now stands the Royals get very little in return. We give up a 3rd round pick ,but get one back??? These 3 guys must have really had no chance to make the Royals as why would you move them with so little in return. The WK must be planning more moved methinks with the addition of these players. One encouraging think is Armstrong would be very familiar with these guys! So he must think they can play, but got caught up in the numbers game in Victoria. Thoughts?
    Update: Klessens and Benoit two unsigned prospects are headed to Royals in the trade. This now makes sense.
    I was telling someone a few days ago I bet the first trade will be with Victoria. I was laughed at. I should have bet money on it. Great opportunity for these three t show their stuff. Should be an interesting week as more movement is likely on its way.

I just scanned the main camp list, didn't see Arps on there, injured, not reported or a typo?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I just scanned the main camp list, didn't see Arps on there, injured, not reported or a typo?
    He's on Caldwells list. Likely just an oversight. I'm out of town so I didn't see the scrimmages.

Arps is there and looks good

I think Sambrook and Ettinger will get long looks on D. Schneider the guy they drafted 1st overall could play in the league this year. Just a stud. The other guy I noticed was Hoon Kim from Edge Calgary. Wouldn't be suprised if he is at the main camp.

Forwards. Daley was good, The Betten brothers were good. Really liked McCartney they guy they drafted 2nd this year. Sekundiak was great he makes things happens don't know what his plans are for the year. I also liked Dylan Halliday and Brody Lubkey for 01s.

I liked the trade they made. Got a lot of size coming in. I am not sure if Baron Thompson is going to play here or not that is what the conditional pick is about. His brother is going to be a good pickup as a 19 year old though. Wharrie is a rock solid defender with good size.

Anyone know the whereabouts of Nolan Patrick? He is not listed on any of the camp's 3 teams?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Anyone know the whereabouts of Nolan Patrick? He is not listed on any of the camp's 3 teams?
    Likely just letting the surgery fully heal and restrengthen. No need for him to come back early and really mess something up.

Any word on lineups for this afternoon's intra squad game? Seems to be a lack of info coming out of the camp----at least very slow at getting out info.