Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: 2016 Training Camp

That is great news that Duke is coming back except for Campbell. Saw that Hextall expects Provorov and Konecny to stick for the season but never say never. Around christmas break, you never know, although I think Provorov could be a top 4 dman for Philly as well. No chance if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
    I donít think there is a lot of grit outside of Coulter, Kaspick, and Higson, with Patrick holding his own too when he has too. That likely has to do with the number of rookies in the lineup, and should improve as they gain some confidence in the league.
    I was thinking about this comment, and it bothered me. So I came back to amend it. How I left Armour off the list of gritty players on the team is beyond me. Heck, that's what he was brought in for. Sadly, he gets overlooked a lot. Campbell and McCorrister are no more skilled than him, and both are softer than warm peanut butter. Yet they always seem to get the ice time over Armour. In the intro before each game, there is a picture of last year's guys standing next to the Cup. Armour (and Higson and Thompson as I recall), aren't even in the picture. That's a kick in the nuts after getting dragged around all playoffs and expecting to keep a smile on your face for two months.

Anyways, just wanted to clear that up before moving on to the regular season thread.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
    I was thinking about this comment, and it bothered me. So I came back to amend it. How I left Armour off the list of gritty players on the team is beyond me. Heck, that's what he was brought in for. Sadly, he gets overlooked a lot. Campbell and McCorrister are no more skilled than him, and both are softer than warm peanut butter. Yet they always seem to get the ice time over Armour. In the intro before each game, there is a picture of last year's guys standing next to the Cup. Armour (and Higson and Thompson as I recall), aren't even in the picture. That's a kick in the nuts after getting dragged around all playoffs and expecting to keep a smile on your face for two months.

Anyways, just wanted to clear that up before moving on to the regular season thread.
    Well, in reality, Thompson was the backup, Armour was a healthy scratch all playoffs and Higson was sent home before the finals for disciplinary reasons.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Well, in reality, Thompson was the backup, Armour was a healthy scratch all playoffs and Higson was sent home before the finals for disciplinary reasons.
    This attitude, which is exactly the same as the coach / administration, is EXACTLY the root of the problem and why no one wants to play here. The kids all have friends on other teams...word gets around.

I think Patrick is out for awhile. Probably a good idea. Let"s get him healthy so we can trade him at the deadline for a king's ransom. My thoughts as we are not a top level team this yrear. Chances are he won't be back next year anyways.