Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Training Camp

Went to the intra squad game today and here are my observations: the players who impressed me in no particular order are, Daniel Bukac, Blake Jameson,Ty Lewis, who looked really good.Ty Enns,Duke,Provorov of course, Baron Thompson,Kaspick,Gutenburg, Ben McCartney---who looks like a super prospect, Tyler Thompson with 2 goals, and Bettens.Where were the following players-----Brad Goethals, and Caden Dailey??? The defense will be a work in progress this year.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Went to the intra squad game today and here are my observations: the players who impressed me in no particular order are, Daniel Bukac, Blake Jameson,Ty Lewis, who looked really good.Ty Enns,Duke,Provorov of course, Baron Thompson,Kaspick,Gutenburg, Ben McCartney---who looks like a super prospect, Tyler Thompson with 2 goals, and Bettens.Where were the following players-----Brad Goethals, and Caden Dailey??? The defense will be a work in progress this year.
    I suspect the Bradly Goethels experiment may be over. No report of an injury but he may have decided to stick with his college commitment. I guess we'll know better when the preseason roster is released tonight.
    As for Daley, with his spot all but a lock, they likely freed up his spot for one last look at someone else.
    The Thompson boys will sure free up alot of ice for their linemates. Make me wonder if Duke is maybe close to a pro contract. Lots of talent and size on the RW.
    We shall see.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    I suspect the Bradly Goethels experiment may be over. No report of an injury but he may have decided to stick with his college commitment. I guess we'll know better when the preseason roster is released tonight.
    As for Daley, with his spot all but a lock, they likely freed up his spot for one last look at someone else.
    The Thompson boys will sure free up alot of ice for their linemates. Make me wonder if Duke is maybe close to a pro contract. Lots of talent and size on the RW.
    We shall see.
    How did Daley look in camp? Any chance Arps unseats Thompson for backup spot?

Pre Season roster

Jordan Papirny, Logan Thompson and Hunter Arps

Defence: (10)

Ivan Provorov, Schael Higson, Kale Clague, Jordan Warrie, James Shearer, Garrett Sambrook, Daniel Bukac, Blake Jameson, Ty Ettinger and 15-year old Braden Schneider

Forwards: (19)

Stelio Mattheos, Ty Lewis, Tyler Coulter, Jaeger White, Linden McCorrister, Reid Duke, Duncan Campbell, Connor Gutenberg, Tanner Kaspick, Tyler Thompson, Nolan Patrick, Garrett Armour, Caiden Daley, Tak Anholt, Cole Reinhardt, Baron Thompson, Rylan Bettens and Marcus Sekundiak.

What I heard is Baron Thompson will make this team and with 12 returning forwards I think that leaves maybe 2 to 3 spots open. Got to think Daley has one locked up and the other spots will be decieded in preseason.

On D I think they keep all of them around. Provorov will be gone a long time so that will leave 9 of them here.

Obviously Goethals has decided to go the college route. Too bad, he may have been a good player. Little surprised they assigned McIssac and Enns and kept White, Anholt and Armour.

I think McIssac is going to try the college route and I am not sure about Enns maybe he didn't want to stay if he wasn't going to get a spot every night

7. Default

Obviously Goethals has decided to go the college route. Too bad, he may have been a good player. Little surprised they assigned McIssac and Enns and kept White, Anholt and Armour.
    I just don't see a spot for Armour. Good kid but he just won't outplay Coulter, Campbell, Lewis, McCorrister, and Bettens for a spot. Unless he suddenly turns into Jon Martin. And I just don't see that happening.

Sorry to say, but I cannot see anything from Armour, White, and Anholt. There must be better young guys to take their place.

9. Default

Sorry to say, but I cannot see anything from Armour, White, and Anholt. There must be better young guys to take their place.
    I agree. With kids like Daley and Bettens, and the Thompson boys....even McCorrister, those you mentioned would be traded at best. Perhaps Anholt would draw interest on his speed, but that's about it.

Guttenburg will likely center the third line. My projections.....

1- Coulter Patrick Duke
    2- Lewis Kaspick Mattheos
    3- McCorrister Guttenburg T Thompson
    4- Bettens Daley B Thompson

Without Duke everyone moves up one on RW and maybe White stays as 4th liner.

Defense
    1- Clague Wharrie
    2- Shearer Bukac
    3- Higson Sambrook

Goal
    Papirny Arps

Arps just needs to get his feet under him a bit more and he'll be fine. That's what Paps will help him with.
    Last edited by The Wheatiemaniac; 09-05-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    I agree. With kids like Daley and Bettens, and the Thompson boys....even McCorrister, those you mentioned would be traded at best. Perhaps Anholt would draw interest on his speed, but that's about it.

Guttenburg will likely center the third line. My projections.....

1- Coulter Patrick Duke
    2- Lewis Kaspick Mattheos
    3- McCorrister Guttenburg T Thompson
    4- Bettens Daley B Thompson

Without Duke everyone moves up one on RW and maybe White stays as 4th liner.

Defense
    1- Clague Wharrie
    2- Shearer Bukac
    3- Higson Sambrook

Goal
    Papirny Arps

Arps just needs to get his feet under him a bit more and he'll be fine. That's what Paps will help him with.

I agree with you Wheat..Thompson only went 17 and 1 last year... this way if he gets traded he will hopefully get a chance to play more